Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
53 man roster projection
(08-27-2024, 10:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Biggest concerns

NT- We have one on the roster and he is hurt. Oh, and he is a Rookie.

CB2- anyone else worried that Dax is more feel good camp story then an actual worthy starting CB?

I feel good about him or Turner getting reps there. They both have freak athleticism which helps cover for a lot, especially if the communication from the safeties is good.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 10:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Biggest concerns

NT- We have one on the roster and he is hurt. Oh, and he is a Rookie.

CB2- anyone else worried that Dax is more feel good camp story then an actual worthy starting CB?

He's looked pretty good through camp/preseason to me.
What is your worry? Just lack of faith based on struggles last year at a completely different position?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
it was a good day for those young men. I hope it lasts past 4pm today

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
For Gits & Shiggles, 2024 Bengals Preseason PFF scores.

Position, Player, Score,
QB1: Burrow, 67.6
QB2: Browning, 55.4
Cut: Woodside: 63.3
----------------
RB1: Moss, n/a
RB2: C. Brown: 57.3
RB3: T. Williams: 63.1
Inj: Evans: 51.9
Cut: Collins: 69.0
Cut: Cain: 55.5
-------------

Too tall a task all at once. Will post WR & TE's next. Then OL. Then Dline. Etc.
Reply/Quote
WR1: Chase: n/a
WR2: Higgins: 80.3
WR3: Iosivas: 76.6
WR4: Irwin: 69.2
WR5: Burton: 86.1
WR6: C. Jones: 48.1
------------------
cut: S. Jackson: 46.9
cut: Burgess: 56.1
cut: Pryor: 42.4
-----------------
TE1: D. Sample: n/a
TE2: Gesicki: n/a
TE3: All: 56.1
TE4: Hudson: 65.6
TE5: McLachlan: 72.5
cut: Grandy: 52.6
Reply/Quote
DE KJ Henry was the only player claimed off waivers.  Henry played the other side of Clemson's line from Myles Murphy

No Bengals cuts were claimed

Jalen Davis confirmed  PS player

Reply/Quote
LT: O. Brown Jr: 66.2
LG: Volson: 82.8
C: Karras: 68.6
RG: Cappa: 56.2
RT: T. Brown: n/a
OT3: Mims: 62.4
OG3/OT4: Ford: 65.0
OG4/OT5: Kirkland: 72.0
C2: Lee: 66.7
----------
cut: Carman: 55.4
cut: T. Hill: 43.9
cut: Cochran: 67.0
cut: Gilliam: 49.4
cut: Miller: 66.2
Reply/Quote
FWIW, DJ Reader is on the Lions roster. Not on IR or PUP.
Reply/Quote
We surely can’t be going with just 3 RB’s and one of those is average at best.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 01:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, DJ Reader is on the Lions roster. Not on IR or PUP.

He was activated off of PUP on Tuesday

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 01:50 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We surely can’t be going with just 3 RB’s and one of those is average at best.

They will carry at least one on the PS they can call up as needed. Williams had 143 touches last year as HB #2, so if he moved to HB 3 touch share he is only going to see about 90 offensive snaps. Gameday you aren't going to keep more than 3 active so not really an issue.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's looked pretty good through camp/preseason to me.
What is your worry? Just lack of faith based on struggles last year at a completely different position?

We haven't seen him play top notch competition yet at the CB position.  I would still prefer a CB with more experience at the position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 02:13 PM)pally Wrote:

I would assume one of the DTs (Carter/Tufele), one of the TEs (Hudson), or someonewho does not have to clear waivers (Hudson, Irwin) makes way. Or Jackson goes to IR. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 02:13 PM)pally Wrote:

Interesting they gave up on a 3rd round draft pick from last years draft... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 02:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I would assume one of the DTs (Carter/Tufele), one of the TEs (Hudson), or someonewho does not have to clear waivers (Hudson, Irwin) makes way. Or Jackson goes to IR. 

I'm guessing with the injury challeng on the defensive line that the cut is gong to come from the tight end room

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 02:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting they gave up on a 3rd round draft pick from last years draft... 

After a good pre-season, no less.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 02:27 PM)pally Wrote: I'm guessing with the injury challeng on the defensive line that the cut is gong to come from the tight end room

Only if I know Hudson is willing to sign back on the PS. 

For me, guys like Tufele & Carter are straight PS level guys. If we lose them, the drop to guys like Bell or Davis or another player cut (Tupou) is negligible. 

Whereas a guy like Hudson, we know he can help us and clicks with Burrow. Unless we have a wink/nod agreement, I don't risk it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 02:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Interesting they gave up on a 3rd round draft pick from last years draft... 

I think he was a 5th rounder but that’s still early to give up on a player.
He is young and apparently had a good preseason so interesting pick up for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 01:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: They will carry at least one on the PS they can call up as needed. Williams had 143 touches last year as HB #2, so if he moved to HB 3 touch share he is only going to see about 90 offensive snaps. Gameday you aren't going to keep more than 3 active so not really an issue.

Well they’ve cut him so now we are down to two.
Reply/Quote