Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad
Congratulations Trayveon Williams. You are our least valuable vested veteran.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Basically. You can have 2 that can pass thru cutdowns on IR without taking a spot on the 53. You can have 8 return off IR to the 53 for the year. I believe you get +2 for the playoffs. 

So we have used 2/8 for the year. 

With Williams saying its roster gymnastics makes me think they are going to clear a spot on the roster and bring him back.  My guess is they now IR Jackson
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not going to get too excited on Rogers. Cowboys must not have been too impressed after trading for Jordan Philips and adding Linval Joseph in recent weeks

Moves Bengals could have made.... 

But Coaches are forced to lay in the bed they made with the rosters, regardless of injuries.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Has alot of experience in the SEC. I can see him getting called up early if McKinnley Jackson isn't ready to go.

Edit: Justin Rogers draft thread.

Some nice stops there from Justin Rogers. I like it, also like seeing Domenique Davis back on the PS.

Between these two Nose Tackles we have some options here if McKinnley cannot go early.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: With Williams saying its roster gymnastics makes me think they are going to clear a spot on the roster and bring him back.  My guess is they now IR Jackson

I feel you've "cracked the code". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 06:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Moves Bengals could have made.... 

But Coaches are forced to lay in the bed they made with the rosters, regardless of injuries.

I was trying to get excited about the possibility of adding the browns 3rd round pick from last year. Siaki Ika who they cut yesterday. Watched some of his preseason clips and I’ve never seen a big man get moved off the ball so easy. Damn near every DT we had looked better.

Haven’t had a chance to watch Rogers. He had to have looked better than Ika and the handful of guys we had here that didn’t make the PS
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Congratulations Trayveon Williams. You are our least valuable vested veteran.

He also had a zero dead cap #. 

In other PS news: 

The Vikes put Edge Andre Carter and RB McBride on their PS. 2 guys that were intruiging to me. 

WR Terrace Marshall was NOT on the Panthers PS, and is a FA as far as I can tell. 

RB George Holani was signed to the Seahawks PS. 

Former Jets QB White signed with Buffalo. 

Former OSU Guard Matthew Jones remains unsigned, as far as I can tell. The Dolphins cut him on cutdown day.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 06:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was trying to get excited about the possibility of adding the browns 3rd round pick from last year. Siaki Ika who they cut yesterday. Watched some of his preseason clips and I’ve never seen a big man get moved off the ball so easy. Damn near every DT we had looked better.

Haven’t had a chance to watch Rogers. He had to have looked better than Ika and the handful of guys we had here that didn’t make the PS

I kinda liked Ika as a prospect as well. Glad we went a different direction.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 04:31 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Looks like we prefer T. Hill as the PS C/G guy. 

I saw more from Gilliam compared to Hill but I guess that wanted another Center.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 06:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was trying to get excited about the possibility of adding the browns 3rd round pick from last year. Siaki Ika who they cut yesterday. Watched some of his preseason clips and I’ve never seen a big man get moved off the ball so easy. Damn near every DT we had looked better.

I guess he showed better than Mazi Smith (hope i got that name right). But the cowboys probably kept him because I higher draft pick. I'm happy with the moves. We needed some guys that can give us some reps so hopefully those 2 guys do that rather than waiting to be emergency depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: What this looks like to me is they are going to put someone on the IR then bring Williams back with that open roster spot.  They couldnt do that before the 53 man roster was set because you are only allowed to IR 2 guys and bring them back.  If you IR more than 2, those additional guys can not play for the entire season.  They used those two spots for Murphy and Robbins.  Now that the 53 man roster is set, the Bengals can now IR more guys.  

Unless they sign Perine
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Unless they sign Perine

He signed with the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Unless they sign Perine

Holy shit are some of you behind.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit are some of you behind.

Someone us are too far ahead. Cry

2025 Draft already looks deep at RB DT Tall WRs and possibly OG lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
practice squad now full

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 11:25 AM)pally Wrote: practice squad now full

Kendall Milton was a very good RB at Georgia. I like that pickup a lot.  Wink
Reply/Quote
PS now full, unless we sign an INT prospect, with all position groups covered.

QB: Logan Woodside (Vet #1)
RB: Kendall Milton
WR: Shedrick Jackson, Kendric Pryor, Cole Burgess
TE: Cam Grandy
OT: Devin Cochran
OG: Tashawn Manning
C: Trey Hill (C/G) (Vet #2)
-------------
DE: Isaiah Thomas
DT/NT: Dominique Davis, Justin Rogers
LB: Shaka Heyward
CB: Jalen Davis (slot) (Vet #3), Nate Brooks
S: PJ Jules
---------------
PK:
P:
LS:
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit are some of you behind.

Some of us work and can't stay tuned to the NFL channel.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of us work and can't stay tuned to the NFL channel.

If you think the “NFL channel” is where people get their news in 2024 then that explains a lot. LOL

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 05:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you think the “NFL channel” is where people get their news in 2024 then that explains a lot. LOL

I'm just saying, some of us can't stay tuned to media to know the instance a trade or signing is made. I learn of most of them here, but I hadn't seen the signing when I posted that. And of other media, I learn of most of it on the NFL Channel because I'm in the car a lot and that's what I listen to while I'm driving. 
Reply/Quote