Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September Games Thread
and now the last month.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 11:13 PM)kevin Wrote: and now the last month.

And that's a blessing, get this shit show over with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 11:13 PM)kevin Wrote: and now the last month.

There's always the '25 season.
Reply/Quote
Things I'm rooting for this month . . .

Spencer Steer needs one more HR for his first 20-20 season and five more to set a career high.
He is one RBI shy of last seasons rookie total of 86 and needs 15 RBI this month for his first 100 RBI season.
Sitting at 30 Doubles, he needs eight more to beat his 37 from last year.

Brandon Williamson . . . I'm just glad he's back and hope he can stay healthy when the other three starters come back.

Tyler Stephenson hitting career highs in Runs Scored - 62, Doubles - 23 and Home Runs - 18.
He is one RBI shy of last seasons career high of 56 and 15 more base hits will surpass his career high of 113 hits in one season.

Ty France is hitting .253 as a Red. He started 1 for 12 in his first four games and has hit .279 since.

------------other notes------------

The MLB average team errors is 73. The Reds have 89, 4th worst in baseball. They are tied for 2nd worst fielding percentage.
They have the 5th worst batting average, yet are above the MLB average of 608 runs scored with 616. You think that the Reds offense is putrid? The lowly White Sox have scored 196 fewer runs than the Reds.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Espinal>Marte
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
That's 2 in a row! Win one more, it's called a winning streak. It has happened before.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2024, 07:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Espinal>Marte

I'd like to see Marte go to the minors and prepare to be a RF.  At the same time, I hate to give the team an excuse not to acquire an outfield bat.
Reply/Quote
Two old dudes that need to retire.  One pitched tonight. Verlander and Kershaw.  They don't have it anymore. Washed Up.  It's sad when players that were good, don't realize how bad they look. I give credit to Joe Dimaggio.  He said, " I could play longer, but if I can't be the best in the game, I don't want to play anymore ".  Tom Seaver in his last season was awful for whatever team he was on.  Johnny Unitas with Chargers at the end was just sad.  Even Pete Rose his last season was time for Take A Seat Pete.  2024 should tell Verlander and Kershaw to retire.  I'll add Ali trying to fight Larry Holmes, Ali was too old.  Ali didn't retire soon enough, younger boxers like Spinks, Holmes made him punchy.   That wasn't the good Verlander anymore against Reds.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Most competitive guys go into Kitnaa mode - our mind and hearts say “ You Can Do It!”. Our bodies say “Not so fast, bro”
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
So it holds true again, Reds beat the good teams?? Makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 07:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So it holds true again, Reds beat the good teams?? Makes no sense

Tallying a few victories to give us fans false hope. 
Reply/Quote
Guess the day off helped. 9 runs and chased the pitcher in the first! That pitcher was the AL rookie of the month too.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 08:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Guess the day off helped. 9 runs and chased the pitcher in the first! That pitcher was the AL rookie of the month too.

It was really strange watching Martinez give up a run in the 2nd inning and not think "Well, if they score one more here, that might be the game."

Ty France is on fire. His only non-hit of the series is a hard hit ball that forced Bregman to make an error. Hitting .303 as a Red and .333 after his first four games where he started off one for 12. He was hitting .223 (67 for 300) when he got here. He's 30 for 99 as a Red raising his average 20 points to .243 for the season.

Let's see what Lowder has against another powerhouse lineup. This one is a bit more intimidating than what the Brewers offered up.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Wow!

Two great defensive plays to start the game.

Elly only got him due to that quick recovery after the dive. That was super smooth. When he first dove, I thought "Nice, but still probably not going to get Altuve" Then I went "Oh, Shit!!" He's got a chance!"

France's diving catch on that laser beam hit by Alvarez was 3rd baseman level quickness. Awesome reaction.

Now let's hope that they keep hitting.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Sweep complete!!!
Reply/Quote
I really do not understand this team at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 11:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: I really do not understand this team at all.

They go against all logic, story of this season. Beat and/or play the good teams tough. Get molly whopped by the cellar dwellers. 
Reply/Quote
Bell ejected and had every right to be mad. Strike 2 to EDLC was clearly outside and then strike 3 called was inside and off. That's a very big strike zone for anyone.
Reply/Quote
2 straight shutouts. Who would of thought.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 11:26 PM)cinci4life Wrote: 2 straight shutouts. Who would of thought.

Not only that, two straight games with no substitutions or mid-inning pitcher changes. Letting the starters get four or five plate appearances in back to back games helps you keep your main corps sharp. The fewer decisions made by the manager/coaching staff, the better.

Rosario is the only pure Oh-fer of the day, India got two walks and a run and Steer picked up a walk. Everybody else got at least one hit.

Tyler Stephenson picked up a single to bring him up to 106 hits for the season, eight hits shy of setting a personal best.

Ty France now hitting .311 as a Red . . .  If I'm Encarnacion-Strand, I'm getting nervous.

Congrats to the Rook . . . Nice to get the first win out of the way . . . exhale . . . and come back ready in five days.

And I guess hats off to Pagan? . . . He worked his way out his own bases loaded jam with no outs by striking out three straight to pick up his first save of the year.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote