Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Official Depth Chart

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:48 PM)pally Wrote:

I think having Brown and Williams as the 2 primary kick returners is due more to the rule changes on kickoffs than anything else.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burton buried deep on the depth chart lol. Hopefully he lives up to the boards expectations. Maybe Iosivas/Jones are just playing that good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 01:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Burton buried deep on the depth chart lol. Hopefully he lives up to the boards expectations. Maybe Iosivas/Jones are just playing that good

Burton is listed behind Chase.

Reply/Quote
I'm not seeing a need to worry about Sample listed as TE1.

He started 10 of 17 games last year.
Irv Smith started 6.
Hudson started just 1 and was the most productive TE on the team.

I expect Gesicki to follow similar path to what Hudson did last year, usage-wise.
Sample will get most of the starts because he's the primary blocking TE and they might often choose to run it the first offensive play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Chase come in to the slot and Burton take his place out wide (with Higgins on the other side).

This formation should see some target share if it were up to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 08:09 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'd love to see Chase come in to the slot and Burton take his place out wide (with Higgins on the other side).

This formation should see some target share if it were up to me.

They will use Chase in the slot a lot and Gesicki
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 05:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Burton is listed behind Chase.

Yeah, but Iosivas is listed as a starter, and C Jones is listed as the #1 punt returner. That means Burton is likely to be inactive on gameday as long as Chase is playing, as I doubt we have 6 active WRs for the game.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 08:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but Iosivas is listed as a starter, and C Jones is listed as the #1 punt returner. That means Burton is likely to be inactive on gameday as long as Chase is playing, as I doubt we have 6 active WRs for the game.

I wouldnt be shocked if Burton isnt active Week 1 or for a few games.  Although I thought he looked good on returns, they obviously like others better and WR6 almost always play a role on special teams to be active.  Hopefully the light comes on and they have to play him eventually.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 08:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wouldnt be shocked if Burton isnt active Week 1 or for a few games.  Although I thought he looked good on returns, they obviously like others better and WR6 almost always play a role on special teams to be active.  Hopefully the light comes on and they have to play him eventually.

If he's got the maturity issues that are rumored, I'd rather he not play.  Immaturity plus production have a high potential to create an unmanageable diva.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 08:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wouldnt be shocked if Burton isnt active Week 1 or for a few games.  Although I thought he looked good on returns, they obviously like others better and WR6 almost always play a role on special teams to be active.  Hopefully the light comes on and they have to play him eventually.

I would make Burton active against the Patriots and have Chase inactive.
Reply/Quote
I hear trenton will start if ja'marr doesn't play, I want to see some Burton someday soon lol
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 08:53 PM)samhain Wrote: If he's got the maturity issues that are rumored, I'd rather he not play.  Immaturity plus production have a high potential to create an unmanageable diva.

I think there is basically <1% chance that occurring on a team with Ja'marr and Tee, Ja'marr may also be immature but he's already proven he's nearly unstoppable. And it may just motivate chase and tee to win us a ring this year, it's good for a short period of time to have your job under threat, imaginary or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would make Burton active against the Patriots and have Chase inactive.

What is the narrative on Monday if..... Chase wasn't extended, defiantly sat out the Patriots game, and Burton went for 230 with 3 TDs....?

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What is the narrative on Monday if..... Chase wasn't extended, defiantly sat out the Patriots game, and Burton went for 230 with 3 TDs....?

The same one I was thinking after Jake Browning's 32/37 game, "what if we win the superbowl with this guy?" Lol
Reply/Quote

I will be.i think they’ve been hiding him somewhat
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 11:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I will be.i think they’ve been hiding him somewhat

We have never done anything like hiding a player.  If this is true it would be very exciting, I just don't see it.

Reply/Quote
Lol.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 05:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Burton is listed behind Chase.

I didn't even notice that lol. I just seen him on special teams. Good to know 
Reply/Quote
Hope Burton is active just in case we don't get Chase's deal done.
Reply/Quote