Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
there's a reason he fell.

and he isnt joining a good environment in this wr room anyways. Tee's leaving and wants out, Chase is currently in a negotiation for a new contract... Not exactly a happy family environment for Burton

oh, new OC too

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 10:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: there's a reason he fell.

and he isnt joining a good environment in this wr room anyways. Tee's leaving and wants out, Chase is currently in a negotiation for a new contract... Not exactly a happy family environment for Burton

oh, new OC too

Tee clearly does NOT want out. He's specifically stated how he's surprised he's come to love the area/fans so much. If the Bengals offered the $ he'd sign@
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 11:01 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Tee clearly does NOT want out. He's specifically stated how he's surprised he's come to love the area/fans so much. If the Bengals offered the $ he'd sign@

but they havent. Tee wants to be paid, he aint getting it here. He knows it

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 10:33 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's disappointing Burton didn't come in and try to prove the narrative wrong. Maybe there is something else there.... Learning disability, ADD.

Whatever it is you at least try to be on your best behavior at the start of a new job (even if you become who you are eventually). The fact Burton couldn't step up if not for the first couple months is troublesome. Especially with him already knowing and addressing the character issues brought up during the draft.

Entitlement is a stinky cologne. 

[Image: f26b85ef-fb9e-4a22-9e5f-0a752b54c06e_thumb.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 10:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: there's a reason he fell.

oh, new OC too

Maybe a little harsh Frankie lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Troy Walters is one of the best WR coaches in the league. Regardless of what’s going on with contract stuff, Burton was set up for success. It’s on him if he’s not putting in the work.

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure about Burton. Catching passes from Browning and Logan with our 2nd and 3rd units isn't going to tell us much. He seems like a TJ Housh type talent wise from limited pre season I watched
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2024, 03:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Welcome Burton. Hope the coaches don't screw this one up and waste a year or two on the bench.

This makes me wonder why Burton isn't listed as the backup to Higgins's spot, honestly.
Maybe he is though and the depth chart just doesn't make it appear that way.

But if Higgins is on the tag and you still have Chase for 2+ years, Higgins's spot is the one to come available sooner.

If they end up keeping Higgins for (at least) 2025 or get someone else to fill that spot, that would assuredly keep Burton on the bench until 2026.
Alternatively, Iosivas would have to underperform as WR3 this year to justify Burton leaping him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This makes me wonder why Burton isn't listed as the backup to Higgins's spot, honestly.
Maybe he is though and the depth chart just doesn't make it appear that way.

But if Higgins is on the tag and you still have Chase for 2+ years, Higgins's spot is the one to come available sooner.

If they end up keeping Higgins for (at least) 2025 or get someone else to fill that spot, that would assuredly keep Burton on the bench until 2026.
Alternatively, Iosivas would have to underperform as WR3 this year to justify Burton leaping him.

Under Zac we throw quite a bit 3 WR will always be able to eat if they are productive with Zac and Burrow
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 11:42 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm not sure about Burton. Catching passes from Browning and Logan with our 2nd and 3rd units isn't going to tell us much. He seems like a TJ Housh type talent wise from limited pre season I watched

In what way?

Housh was considered on the slower side for WRs, but he was a great possession receiver.

Burton is more of a smaller, big play guy who has great speed and agility.

Burton actually reminds me more of a guy like Devery Henderson.
Boyd is the one who reminded me more of Housh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 11:42 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm not sure about Burton. Catching passes from Browning and Logan with our 2nd and 3rd units isn't going to tell us much. He seems like a TJ Housh type talent wise from limited pre season I watched

Housh was a minimal athleticism, hard work possession guy. Burton is a major athleticism, low effort downfield guy.

pretty much the exact opposite of Housh. 

Reply/Quote
This is getting blown way out of proportion. Jermaine did not win the starting slot receiver position. This is not a surprise considering it's different than what he played in college and he was learning multiple spots taking the majority of his camp reps in Ja'Marr's spot because of Chase's absence.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 12:00 PM)Synric Wrote: This is getting blown way out of proportion. Jermaine did not win the starting slot receiver position. This is not a surprise considering it's different than what he played in college and he was learning multiple spots taking the majority of his camp reps in Ja'Marr's spot because of Chase's absence.

But I thought the plan all along was for Burton to take Chase's spot on the outside and move Chase to the slot. 

It seems Chase's absence would force JB to move. Yoshi was selected to fill the new slot in JC's absence. 

If JB had lived up to draft status it seems, it'd  be Tee/JB on the exterior and Yoshi holding down the slot until JC's return. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 12:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But I thought the plan all along was for Burton to take Chase's spot on the outside and move Chase to the slot. 

It seems Chase's absence would force JB to move. Yoshi was selected to fill the new slot in JC's absence. 

If JB had lived up to draft status it seems, it'd  be Tee/JB on the exterior and Yoshi holding down the slot until JC's return. 

No the coaches have repeated all off-season it will be slot by committee. Yes, Chase will have an increased role in the slot but so will Iosivas, Gesicki, Irwin, and possibly Burton as he continues to learn the role. 

With Chase getting a possible 10% or 15% snap bump into the slot (5 or 6 extra slot snaps a game) this would give a guy like Burton who was a downfield threat at Alabama opportunities to run Go, Digs, Comeback, Curls, Posts things he did at a high level in college. 

Edit: Dan Pticher was asked about Iosivas being Primary WR3 today. He mentioned the Keyword is "Primary" it could mean 51% or 90%.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Chase is practicing today...or at least is dressed for it

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 01:55 PM)Synric Wrote: No the coaches have repeated all off-season it will be slot by committee. Yes, Chase will have an increased role in the slot but so will Iosivas, Gesicki, Irwin, and possibly Burton as he continues to learn the role. 

With Chase getting a possible 10% or 15% snap bump into the slot (5 or 6 extra slot snaps a game) this would give a guy like Burton who was a downfield threat at Alabama opportunities to run Go, Digs, Comeback, Curls, Posts things he did at a high level in college. 

Edit: Dan Pticher was asked about Iosivas being Primary WR3 today. He mentioned the Keyword is "Primary" it could mean 51% or 90%.

Good stuff Synric and I agree with your other post as well about this getting blown way out of proportion which happens a lot on 
this board. As long as Burton is used at times to go deep he adds another element to our Offense with his explosiveness and great 
hands. Iosivas clearly adds the size and athleticism and Chuck Sizzle has his own talents and Irwin is just a swiss army knive type
WR that can play everywhere.

Gesicki will be used in the Slot a lot as well from what we are hearing here.

(09-04-2024, 02:39 PM)pally Wrote: Chase is practicing today...or at least is dressed for it

Good news, hopefully this means we are getting closer to a deal being signed soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 11:15 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yeah, this is his only issue I see when he gets big hits after catching it the ball comes out. With using his hands and not body to catch the ball it could be more secure and be harder to dislodge for the defenders.

Agreed, Iosivas should be much better at this after all the hard work he has put in and it shows when Burton is not named the outright
#3 on the depth chart. We are really deep at WR right now, deeper than I can remember and it is a good thing with the Chase story 
going on right now.
Reply/Quote
He has to work hard and bide his time. Is there any indication he not prepared to do that at all?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 10:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: there's a reason he fell.

oh, new OC too

He's joining a NFL locker room environment, and that's it.  Most of the top tier teams in the league have gone through the same contract crap with premier players.  

It went on seemingly forever with Lamar, a quarterback no less.  Baltimore is considered as model of a NFL culture as there is.

The Niners are arguably the most stacked roster in the league and have dealt with it for the last 2 years with Williams, Aiyuk, and Deebo.  Still SB contenders.

Buffalo won a shitload of games with Diggs being perpetually disgruntled.

Even the almighty chiefs watched Chris Jones sit out a regular season game.  I doubt anyone will call them a "bad enviroment".

If you have a enough talent to contend, you're going to have this stuff.  It sucks for fans, but the impact on locker room culture is hardly toxic by default.  

The outlier was the 3 seasons with high-end cheap talent, not the contract disputes we all saw coming.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2024, 01:55 PM)Synric Wrote: No the coaches have repeated all off-season it will be slot by committee. Yes, Chase will have an increased role in the slot but so will Iosivas, Gesicki, Irwin, and possibly Burton as he continues to learn the role. 

Well I think the slot is going to get a ton of action. Obviously Isovias, Chase, and Gesicki. I ask you if Gesicki is in the slot inside the 10 which I think he will a lot. He’s deadly there. Doesn’t that also benefit the run game?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote