Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Patriots @ Bengals***
(09-08-2024, 03:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac better crack some heads at halftime.

He won’t. He’s the reason they are so undisciplined.
Reply/Quote
what an underwhelming half of football
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac better crack some heads at halftime.

Yeah, that oughtta do it
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals’ defense is playing in slow motion. Lou needs to be on the hot seat.

The bum was 31st ranked last year and they stuck with him. The o-line has been one of the worst and they’ve stayed with Pollak. Taylor has failed to improve a single weakness this team has had in his tenure and his team culture is now one of me first attitudes. This team will be lucky to win 4 games this year and Burrow will be out by week 6.
Reply/Quote
I bet $250 for Bengals to cover the spread. Hope these guys get clicking soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If they lose this game, I’m done.

They will not win this game
Reply/Quote
Don’t get how we can have this much talent with no results. We look freakin lethargic out there. Not prepared once again. Honestly think we need to fire Pollack. He’s handcuffing this team.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think a factor in the Bengals poor starts every single year is not playing the starters in the preseason. Andy Reid plays his starters in the preseason, including Mahomes in two preseason games this year, including for a half during one game. So much concern about injuries  that they start slow when they finally get game action.

Zac Taylor is not HC material. He just has a helluva lot talent to cover for his ineptitude.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How much longer can people keep pretending we have good coaching?

I mean, people are still pretending Tanner Hudson is good...
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I bet $250 for Bengals to cover the spread. Hope these guys get clicking soon.

Consider it a donation
Reply/Quote
We can’t run block, we can’t play rush defense, we can’t get receivers open and we can’t cover their receivers, how is this any different than last year.
Reply/Quote
I am getting very upset with this team. I have been a fan for my entire life and I am 46. I grew up in Dayton. We ruined Carson Palmer by not protecting him. It is playing out again. We are not spending cap space to try and win a SB like other teams that are good. Why do we have all this cap space??? Why couldnt we bring back DJ Reader or go after a better DT? We clearly are no using ti to sign Chase. Go into the season with him not practicing about money which we freaking have. They would rather win the stare down than win games. This is embarrassing. If we do not use that cap space and start running this team like every other NFL franchise I may either lose interest in the NFL all tohether or pick another team that wants to win and will spend every dollar to do so.

Run a smart offense. Look at NE in this game. They are calling smart plays getting guys open. They have NO ONE at WR. Our defense is somehow worse on paper. I am just very very frustrated with this team and the way it is run
Reply/Quote
I would consider going fishing for your sanity, but screw it. Go insane and see if I care. I can't watch or even listen to the game and I'm DAMNED sure not going to pay a small fortune just to see the Bengals bungle..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:09 PM)Destro Wrote: I read that in Chandler Bing's voice.

This team looks like a wenus.
Reply/Quote
I guess the good thing about being a Bengals fan for so long is that when you deal with a bunch of crazy, makes no sense, snake bitten BS from a team, from play calling to draft picks to bad luck, for decades it finally gets to a point where it doesn't really bother you because you expect it.
Reply/Quote

Not sure I’ve ever seen him look like he cracks heads. More like “keep playing” and “it’s a long season”.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 03:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Never ready at the beginning of the season, and Zac never changes.

Afraid to play starters in preseason games save minimal action, and then it takes time for the Bengals to get rolling each year. You just can't duplicate game speed and action in practices.

I expect the Bengals to still win this game, but these slow starts each season (to the point the announcer even points it out) is infuriating.
Reply/Quote
Pratt doing a great job of getting blocked and avoiding any physical contact with the ball carrier. Will definitely help his longevity over the course of the season.
Reply/Quote

Hows about they crack HIS head? Or...tell him to lay off the crack. Either or is fine.  Cool
Reply/Quote
People seem to forget we had a game plan prepared for Chase to play and Chase not to play.

We never had a game plan for Higgins to be out.
Reply/Quote