Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
(09-06-2024, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: This. People got way too caught up with "Wow who let the Chiefs get Worthy?!". The reverse was really well blocked and any competent WR catches the TD pass. He did nothing that was special other than play for a team with a great play caller. He may end up being great but nothing he did there should really make anyone freak out.

All true but his speed ( like Chase Brown sort of) is real.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 02:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: All true but his speed ( like Chase Brown sort of) is real.

Of the top 10 combine 40 times of offensive players, only 1 (Chris Johnson) has ever actually been good. I just think people are a bit too bought in before he has actually done anything special on a football field. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: This. People got way too caught up with "Wow who let the Chiefs get Worthy?!". The reverse was really well blocked and any competent WR catches the TD pass. He did nothing that was special other than play for a team with a great play caller. He may end up being great but nothing he did there should really make anyone freak out.

Truth, Xavier Worthy might be a decent WR down the road if he can stay healthy, but I didn't see him even get hit last night.

Those were great play calls by Andy and terrible Defense from the Rats combined.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 03:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Of the top 10 combine 40 times of offensive players, only 1 (Chris Johnson) has ever actually been good. I just think people are a bit too bought in before he has actually done anything special on a football field. 

Oh I think he’s overrated (saw him with Texas a bunch) and landing in KC was the best place for him other that the Bills. He’s going to help KC unfortunately but Mahomes will help him much more. So much of Mahomes big plays are off script all Worthy has to do is take off on a dead run. Watching the game last night neither team could protect the QB. Lamar won’t last the season running that much. Maybe because it was KC. I’ve said all summer KC won’t repeat. They look awfully good but Mahomes as a QB just can’t stay stay so lucky minus injury time. 
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 04:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Oh I think he’s overrated (saw him with Texas a bunch) and landing in KC was the best place for him other that the Bills. He’s going to help KC unfortunately but Mahomes will help him much more. So much of Mahomes big plays are off script all Worthy has to do is take off on a dead run. Watching the game last night neither team could protect the QB. Lamar won’t last the season running that much. Maybe because it was KC. I’ve said all summer KC won’t repeat. They look awfully good but Mahomes as a QB just can’t stay stay so lucky minus injury time. 

Lamar looked like prime Lamar as far as in shape and fast. But still, he gets going way too fast and doesn't let the game slow down 
when passing the ball and he just misses wide open players. He did this at least 3 times last night that could of been TD's. Agree, the
Chiefs won't threepeat. They looked ugly themselves all over the place and the Ravens couldn't score. 

If Burrow is healthy and has his weapons and a hint of a run game we should score much more than 20 points on the Chiefs in a 
couple weeks. The Ravens Defense was also pretty bad last night, but got lucky a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
Guy is a bust and won’t get anywhere.

Joke of a pick
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lamar looked like prime Lamar as far as in shape and fast. But still, he gets going way too fast and doesn't let the game slow down 
when passing the ball and he just misses wide open players. He did this at least 3 times last night that could of been TD's. Agree, the
Chiefs won't threepeat. They looked ugly themselves all over the place and the Ravens couldn't score. 

If Burrow is healthy and has his weapons and a hint of a run game we should score much more than 20 points on the Chiefs in a 
couple weeks. The Ravens Defense was also pretty bad last night, but got lucky a couple of times.

Lamar is an elite athlete but misses throws that both Mahomes and Burrow make every time.  I don't like him losing weight, either.  Indicates a desire to run.  He needs to refine his passing to remain relevant.  Oh well.  I don't root for the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 08:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Lamar is an elite athlete but misses throws that both Mahomes and Burrow make every time.  I don't like him losing weight, either.  Indicates a desire to run.  He needs to refine his passing to remain relevant.  Oh well.  I don't root for the Ravens.

Yeah, still it was the exciting part of the Ravens Offense last night honestly. Lamar when he is healthy and fast is fun to watch.

Happy the Rats lost though and I believe we can beat the Chiefs in their place with a healthy Joe Burrow regardless of what happens
Sunday. I like Lou to have this Defense fired up and prepared for these Chiefs that don't look near as dangerous on Offense this year
regardless of a few broken plays because of miscommunication.

As bad as the Chiefs OL looked, the Ravens OL looked worse and both were walking penalties. I don't expect this from our team.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 08:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, still it was the exciting part of the Ravens Offense last night honestly. Lamar when he is healthy and fast is fun to watch.

Happy the Rats lost though and I believe we can beat the Chiefs in their place with a healthy Joe Burrow regardless of what happens
Sunday. I like Lou to have this Defense fired up and prepared for these Chiefs that don't look near as dangerous on Offense this year
regardless of a few broken plays because of miscommunication.

As bad as the Chiefs OL looked, the Ravens OL looked worse and both were walking penalties. I don't expect this from our team.

Also only a matter of time before Stanley starts going in and out of the lineup.  
Reply/Quote
Did he play a snap?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:11 PM)tBengal Wrote: Did he play a snap?

They should have tried to get Irwin and Burton going in this game.
Would have opened up Chase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: They should have tried to get Irwin and Burton going in this game.
Would have opened up Chase.

Irwin is not a starting caliber NFL receiver. And the fact that this coaching staff is as high on him as they are is very concerning.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 01:17 AM)puddycat Wrote: Burton was never gonna be a starter this year absent multiple injuries.  Whatever his attitude, he dominated the preseason with the most catches, yard, TDs, and first downs.  Plus they pressed him into kick and punt returns.  The Bengals efforts to humble him by giving him only garbage time have failed.  I also can't help but think that he was paying attention to Tee and Ja'Maar this off-season.; the clear lesson is that if you're a good player the Bengals will put up with a lot of BS.  He will get on the field this year and he will get catches because Joe wants to win games.

I was wrong.  Joe thinks that winning games would be nice.  The team seems more interested in keeping players and coaches happy than winning games.  I'm having bad Marvin flashbacks.
Reply/Quote
I now wonder why Zac seemed extra excited on draft day during the phone call to Burton when they selected him.
Reply/Quote
Unless this dude has absolutely zero clue on the playbook and the IQ of a squirrel, there's no reason whatsoever he shouldn't have seen the field yesterday. He flashed in the preseason what type of potential he possesses. For the love of God even Woodside could find Burton down the field.

There's got to be something way more than what we're hearing in terms of why Burton is so deep down the depth chart. Zac can say he "prefers veterans" but guess what... your veterans looked like ass in Game #1. Give the young kid some reps.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Irwin is not a starting caliber NFL receiver. And the fact that this coaching staff is as high on him as they are is very concerning.

Yep. Our talent level isn't as high as it was 2 years ago and when these big contracts kick in, it's going to rely more and more on drafts.

Irwin and Hudson shouldn't be seeing a lot of snaps on a good team.

I'm not sure Moss should be a starting RB in the NFL either. As a #2, he's fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 12:43 PM)ChaseThis Wrote: Unless this dude has absolutely zero clue on the playbook and the IQ of a squirrel, there's no reason whatsoever he shouldn't have seen the field yesterday. He flashed in the preseason what type of potential he possesses. For the love of God even Woodside could find Burton down the field.

There's got to be something way more than what we're hearing in terms of why Burton is so deep down the depth chart. Zac can say he "prefers veterans" but guess what... your veterans looked like ass in Game #1. Give the young kid some reps.

I think Burrow was pretty clear that Burton needs to learn the playbook
Reply/Quote
If Burton has talent then find a way to get him on the field by simplifying some plays. It can be done. Andy Reid simplified the playbook for the whole offense: https://thesportingtribune.com/how-reids-simplification-helped-get-chiefs-offense-back-on-track

I don't care if a guy like Irwin understands the playbook like Bobby Fischer understood chess. He's not talented enough to be getting significant snaps. Burton was drafted in round 3 for having talent. Find a way to help him play.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Irwin is not a starting caliber NFL receiver. And the fact that this coaching staff is as high on him as they are is very concerning.

To be fair, Irwin wouldn't be starting if Higgins played.
Irwin is, by definition, a backup.

I like Irwin as a player who can fill in to finish a game, but he is limited in his athletic ability.

I am not sure of the distribution of snaps, but I would have liked to see maybe:
Iosivas and Burton outside with Chase in the slot
Burton in place of Irwin
Iosivas/Burton outside with Chase, Irwin in the slot
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2024, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I am not sure of the distribution of snaps, but I would have liked to see maybe:
Iosivas and Burton outside with Chase in the slot
Burton in place of Irwin
Iosivas/Burton outside with Chase, Irwin in the slot

A solution that would be fun to see.
Reply/Quote