Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
Not sure Tee would have been a huge impact today, but the offense looks very stagnant without him. His agent probably liked seeing that final score.

Reply/Quote
The issues today far outweighed Tee Higgins not being out there.

That said, could he have made a difference, perhaps, but the Bengals should have had this game pretty easy for the home opener without him. It was just a complete crapshow on offense as the defense just isn't good enough. The entire team looked unprepared against a team that didn't, and it showed as it wasn't even a close game to be honest.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's week 1 so we look like rusty injured shit. It's just the way it is.
Reply/Quote
This is a weird thread.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is a weird thread.

He is Burrow's #2 weapon and we are seemingly going to let him walk and this is how our offense looked.  If he comes back next week and we look much better could the mindset regarding Tee's future here change?  Likely too expensive and with that hammy likely not an option, but it crossed my mind.

I dont think that it is weird to mention it all.  It is weird to take the time to to post a comment in a thread calling it weird with all of the other game talk going on.

Reply/Quote
Tee was pretty inconsistent last year. And I really like him. Injuries contributed a lot last year and not having Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He is Burrow's #2 weapon and we are seemingly going to let him walk and this is how our offense looked.  If he comes back next week and we look much better could the mindset regarding Tee's future here change?  Likely too expensive and with that hammy likely not an option, but it crossed my mind.

I dont think that it is weird to mention it all.  It is weird to take the time to to post a comment in a thread calling it weird with all of the other game talk going on.

This offense has looked fine in years past when Tee or Chase don't play. 

Everyone needs to chill the hell out. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
They built this team around Burrow/Chase/Tee. I don’t know WTH their identity is supposed to be if it’s not those 3. Outside of Trey we just don’t have any studs on other side of the ball. So if you’re not going to have a top defense, and you’re not going to be a good running team, and you’re not going to pay to keep Tee, then what exactly is the plan here?

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The issues today far outweighed Tee Higgins not being out there.

That said, could he have made a difference, perhaps, but the Bengals should have had this game pretty easy for the home opener without him. It was just a complete crapshow on offense as the defense just isn't good enough. The entire team looked unprepared against a team that didn't, and it showed as it wasn't even a close game to be honest.

Yup

To me that's nail meet hammer. Basically the entire team looked unprepared, not at all motivated, and just going thru the motions. Oh for sure there were a few plays here and some good effort there.

Overall though - giant shit show. 

I doubt Tee would have made a difference enough to change outcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They built this team around Burrow/Chase/Tee. I don’t know WTH their identity is supposed to be if it’s not those 3. Outside of Trey we just don’t have any studs on other side of the ball. So if you’re not going to have a top defense, and you’re not going to be a good running team, and you’re not going to pay to keep Tee, then what exactly is the plan here?

To make as much money money as humanly possible - MB and family.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This offense has looked fine in years past when Tee or Chase don't play. 

Everyone needs to chill the hell out. 

This is the only thread on the entire message board NOT freaking out.  And yet you are posting this here?

How about you stop being weird in this thread and go yell at those that are losing their minds?

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:40 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: To make as much money money as humanly possible - MB

I don’t really buy that though. I think Mike Brown wants to win. I just think he wants to do it his way (ie his dad’s way which is about 40 years outdated), and he’s too stubborn to get out of his own way.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really buy that though. I think Mike Brown wants to win. I just think he wants to do it his way (ie his dad’s way which is about 40 years outdated), and he’s too stubborn to get out of his own way.

That is certainly a possibility also.  Unfortunately that still = being a horrible NFL owner, especially when you are the self titled GM.  
Reply/Quote
If Tee is in the lineup today than JB doesn't have
To target Tanner Hudson at all. I think Tee's absence
impacted the offense
Go look at JBs red zone shot to Irwin
Irwin does not have the hops or radius to come
Down with that ball.
In fact why was Irwin running that route any way?
Let Andre run that route
But with no Tee in the offense defenses just double Chase
Play Cover 2 High
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really buy that though. I think Mike Brown wants to win. I just think he wants to do it his way (ie his dad’s way which is about 40 years outdated), and he’s too stubborn to get out of his own way.

We've been over this. Mike Brown wants to win the same way  people who eat ice cream every day want to be shredded and fit or the same way people who never get off the couch want to be rich and famous.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 07:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've been over this. Mike Brown wants to win the same way  people who eat ice cream every day want to be shredded and fit or the same way people who never get off the couch want to be rich and famous.  

Heck man, maybe in some sick and twisted way MB likes when the Bengals lose just to spite all the fans that pile on him decade after decade.  

Maybe he has stacks of 10k cash laying around like Prince and when the Bengals lose he just picks a stack up, smells it and smiles and thinks of all the fans tears.
Reply/Quote
He averaged 77 yards per a game in 2021 and 73 yards per a game.( not counting the @ravens game and Browns game were be played very little and had zero targets) point being he has always been a big part of this offense when healthy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure Tee would have been a huge impact today, but the offense looks very stagnant without him.  His agent probably liked seeing that final score.

We also need to remember that Callahan is no longer with the Bengals.
We haven't seen whether this offense can get going without Callahan yet.
I know Taylor runs a lot of the offense, but how much of a difference did Callahan make?

Also, no Boyd in stripes to help cover the Bengals being down Higgins or Chase.
Iosivas with just 26 yards as the 2nd most receiving yards on the team today. Not good.

But regardless, the Bengals allowed Stevenson to go off for 120-1 on 25 carries.
Brissett passed for 1 more yard than Stevenson rushed for.
If this defense can't stop a clear rush-focused attack, we're in for a long season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 06:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is a weird thread.

How?

It’s a valid situation

You can’t tell me Tee wouldn’t have gotten us at least 1 more 3rd down than we got
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 10:30 PM)Housh Wrote: How?

It’s a valid situation

You can’t tell me Tee wouldn’t have gotten us at least 1 more 3rd down than we got

If the Bengals have to have two stud WRs to get their offense going, it's not a good offense.
My opinion, anyway.

I see a team like GB who is doing more with arguably far less on offense.
Jordan Love is not as good as Burrow, talent-wise.
Their offensive playmakers are nowhere near the caliber of the Bengals.

Maybe it's the playcalling and/or the OL.
The OL did allow 3 sacks.
While not a high amount, Burrow didn't seem to have all the time in the world either.

Bengals should have put up 21+ on the Pats, easy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote