Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at Super Bowl Champ Kansas City Predictions
We will hear Taylor Swift's name more often than Zach Taylor's.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2024, 07:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Bengals vs Chiefs is usually a coinflip game. I expect this will continue that. Let's assume the coin lands on Money Mac's side and he kicks a GWFG as time expires to give the Bengals a 30-28 win.

i really hope this doesn't happen. but, i'm very certain they'll just line up chris jones over cappa and brown. that's going to be murder. just pure murder. if regular ppl can see it spags sure can. yoshi or giesecki is gonna have to go off. b/c they'll lock chase down. we're just not healthy enough imo.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2024, 01:29 AM)WildCat Wrote: i really hope this doesn't happen. but, i'm very certain they'll just line up chris jones over cappa and brown. that's going to be murder. just pure murder. if regular ppl can see it spags sure can. yoshi or giesecki is gonna have to go off. b/c they'll lock chase down. we're just not healthy enough imo.

Some teams make sure the offense has two players blocking these elite pass rushers. I don't know if the Bengals ever employ that technique, but it might help in the case of Chris Jones.
Reply/Quote
KC 24-10.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to get all too negative this early on in the season, so KC wins 27-17.

I think Bengals can hang in there early on but Chiefs will pull away because they are at home and are actually the team to beat.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals offense improves from game 1, but not enough to make a difference. The fun Burrow narrative of "owning" Mahomes come to an official end Sunday.

KC - 37
Bengals - 17

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2024, 10:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think the Bengals offense improves from game 1, but not enough to make a difference. The fun Burrow narrative of "owning" Mahomes come to an official end Sunday.

KC - 37
Bengals - 17

It already has come to an end. Burrow and the Bengals were lucky to have beaten them at all. Bengals and Burrow are not in Mahomes and the Chiefs class.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2024, 10:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think the Bengals offense improves from game 1, but not enough to make a difference. The fun Burrow narrative of "owning" Mahomes come to an official end Sunday.

KC - 37
Bengals - 17

I think it could be something like this based on last weeks results.

But, in the NFL you never know. I've seen us look really bad one week, then really good the next. It's really hard to predict.

I thought the Dolphins would play the Bills tight last night at home.
Reply/Quote
KC scores AT LEAST 28, which is enough for the win.
Reply/Quote
Taylor Swift’s Team 38
Zac Taylor’s Team 0

Yes, I’m calling a shutout. I desperately want to be wrong but…
Reply/Quote
If we would have looked like anything at all last week I might feel a bit different? But I don't have any good vibes just yet.

I'm worried.
Reply/Quote
There has been a lot of doubt about the Bengals circulating this week from the national media, local media and even fans, and rightfully so. But I’m still wearing my orange tinted glasses and think the Bengals pull off a surprising upset and beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Bengals 24
Chiefs 21
Reply/Quote
We hung in with depleted team under Browning last year but I dont feel same MOJO with Burrow right now so thinking 27 to 17
Reply/Quote
I strangely feel more positive about this game than the one last week. No more offseason anointing as "Super Bowl contenders".

Chase's deal isn't done, but the discussion of the negotiation is. The focus is of football. It was allegedly on football last week, but things felt otherwise.

The defense is going to take a little time to round into shape, but I think last week might have been a sufficient wake up call.

Burrow will have no choice but to throw downfield. Everyone knows you can't dial back the playbook against this team. He takes a game or two to get his mental processor humming at regular season speed. Hopefully this season it's a game and not two. I'm far less worried about the wrist than I am about when his football instincts will return. I actually think the wrist is okay.

I also think we see Burton and All worked in a bit more. All earned it with his physical play last week. I think All and Sample could make this run game much more effective than in past years. Unlike Sample, I think ALL will be a decent receiving threat.

Pacheco scares me more than anyone on that offense now. I think if they can actually tackle, the game could get interesting.

Bengals 31-KC 27.

Preseason is over, thankfully.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is gone, our 2 TOP WR are malcontent, our QB paid to the heavens...new OC. This is going to be one very, very, very long season. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst card has been activated.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2024, 04:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mixon is gone, our 2 TOP WR are malcontent, our QB paid to the heavens...new OC. This is going to be one very, very, very long season. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst card has been activated.

I am utterly surprised at how we devalue the run game

Shotgun 90% of the damn game

Barely running even when it’s working well

I don’t get what type of offense Zac Taylor wants

Starting to think he plays too much Madden cause that offense of 5 yarding people to death only works on Madden.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2024, 04:56 PM)Housh Wrote: I don’t get what type of offense Zac Taylor wants

I guess they view it as Burrow = shotgun and spread the WRs play after play.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2024, 04:56 PM)Housh Wrote: I am utterly surprised at how we devalue the run game

Shotgun 90% of the damn game

Barely running even when it’s working well

I don’t get what type of offense Zac Taylor wants

Starting to think he plays too much Madden cause that offense of 5 yarding people to death only works on Madden.

I really don't see how we win this game. But we had an 85% success rate on runs with 2 TEs in the formation so hopefully we see alot of that and have some success early. I'm also hoping last week was a wake up call to the defense and we see alot better tackling because this KC team is gonna stress us alot more than the Patriots did. I wish Higgins had been and was healthy. I'll say 34-24 KC.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 11:01 AM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Can we stop christening Chase Brown as a good player? He might be, but let's actually see anything resembling consistent production before we talk about him like he is a this hot commodity

Lol Brown & Yoshi both ran 4.43 40s at the combine. They aren't even in the top 100 of fastest players in the NFL. 

And some guy named Ross was one of the fastest ever. So what? He sure was a great 2nd round pick!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2024, 07:00 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: And some guy named Ross was one of the fastest ever. So what? He sure was a great 2nd round pick!

Whose gonna tell him?

Reply/Quote