Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(09-15-2024, 08:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: That hurt

MoneyMac’s shank didn’t help us.

Great game though.

I'll admit I felt a little stupid for automatically thinking "we'll lose by 1" after that, but geez.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I felt a little stupid for automatically thinking "we'll lose by 1" after that, but geez.

That's how you get butthurt people reviewing the thread and replying to you days later in 20/20 hindsight saying "I told you so!", except you were right - this time. Don't let it happen again.
Reply/Quote
my after game thoughts before thinking about it

Chase Brown needs a lot more touches.
Need Tee in there asap.
Less 7th round rookies on 4th and longs to seal the game.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I’m done with Zac. He’s 37-46-1.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:34 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Me neither.  But that play should've been treated like a hail mary by the refs. No way they call that on a hail mary. Which you could pretty much call pass interference on ever hail mary.

The Gods, NFL and Ref's hate Cincinnati. the NFL will do anything and everything for Mahomes to win. That flag was so late it was a joke
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well they had the game won. 

That they did.

That is a discipline problem from the top down. And a bad coaching call putting a 7th rd rookie in at the most crucial play of the game. Jfc can't we get someone with some experience out there?? 

Same ol same ol, different year.  We have always blew it during FA and depend on the draft. 

It's like MB is in charge again. Good grief, I wasn't even this pissed off last week.

Y'all realize I live in Colorado? I am gonna have to hear about it all night on socials and all day tomorrow at work.  And not only from the KC fans, but from the Swifities too. 

I think I might call out. Facepalm
Did you know out of all the doggos, Shih Tzu's have one of the closest genetic relationships to the wolf?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:43 PM)BengalB Wrote: That they did.

That is a discipline problem from the top down. And a bad coaching call putting a 7th rd rookie in at the most crucial play of the game. Jfc can't we get someone with some experience out there?? 

Same ol same ol, different year.  We have always blew it during FA and depend on the draft. 

It's like MB is in charge again. Good grief, I wasn't even this pissed off last week.

Y'all realize I live in Colorado? I am gonna have to hear about it all night on socials and all day tomorrow at work.  And not only from the KC fans, but from the Swifities too. 

I think I might call out. Facepalm

I live in Cleveland, I think I have it worse. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:43 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: The Gods, NFL and Ref's hate Cincinnati. the NFL will do anything and everything for Mahomes to win. That flag was so late it was a joke

I thought it was a stretch but Romo immediately said it was the right call for all sorts of reasons.

Did he go to the Cris Collinsworth School of Sportscasting? Graduated with honors?? 
Did you know out of all the doggos, Shih Tzu's have one of the closest genetic relationships to the wolf?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We had this game won multiple times, Burrow getting sacked and having to punt and then getting them in 4th and 16.

Not being able to run from the 1.5 yard line 4 times, we aren't winning the super bowl sorry.

Yeah, maybe no SB.  But if the team we saw today can clean up the silly penalties there's no reason they can't reel off four in a row going into your neighborhood.
Reply/Quote
This offense is incomplete without Tee Higgins.
Reply/Quote
What the hell…..keep chopping wood
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:43 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: The Gods, NFL and Ref's hate Cincinnati. the NFL will do anything and everything for Mahomes to win. That flag was so late it was a joke

That was about as dumb of a defensive play one could do at that time. But not as dumb as a decision to have that guy on the field.

To be honest the two successful seasons we had were probably the worst thing to happen to this team. Burrow’s career and window will be locked shut so long as Taylor’s around and Taylor will be around so long as there’s a drop of Brown DNA in the ownership group. . He’ll eventually get his chance at Free Agency, but much like Palmer, he’ll be a shell of himself.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I live in Cleveland, I think I have it worse. lol

You probably do. Idk, we might be tied. The KC fandom is strong out here. Just over the last few years though, lol
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:39 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: They didn't though did they. The penalty was the only thing that drove them anywhere down the field. But sure, be a pedant all you want.

Ok
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:45 PM)BengalB Wrote: I thought it was a stretch but Romo immediately said it was the right call for all sorts of reasons.

Did he go to the Cris Collinsworth School of Sportscasting? Graduated with honors?? 

And Romo was wrong. A ball is effectively up for grabs and you had to stare closely to see any so called contact. This happens to us EVERY KEY GAME. The refs suddenly step in and steal them on really tricky tack calls. This one, the uncalled illegal block in the AFCCG, the phantom PI on Wilson in the Super Bowl. And making the claim of "it shouldn't have come down to that" does NOT justify the refs - they are supposed to be 100% neutral in their calls and instead it seems like every key game this team plays they suddenly insert themselves and ALWAYS to our detriment. Now our season is on life support. So far the Burrow era is not really paying off in the only way that matters - titles. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This offense is incomplete without Tee Higgins.

They're still rounding into shape, IMO.  Higgins will help, but I actually like what the TEs and RBs are doing.  I think they just need to get everyone's head on straight.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: And Romo was wrong. A ball is effectively up for grabs and you had to stare closely to see any so called contact. This happens to us EVERY KEY GAME. The refs suddenly step in and steal them on really tricky tack calls. This one, the uncalled illegal block in the AFCCG, the phantom PI on Wilson in the Super Bowl. And making the claim of "it shouldn't have come down to that" does NOT justify the refs - they are supposed to be 100% neutral in their calls and instead it seems like every key game this team plays they suddenly insert themselves and ALWAYS to our detriment. Now our season is on life support. So far the Burrow era is not really paying off in the only way that matters - titles. 

The defender can not go through the offensive player to get to the ball. If he doesn’t commit the blatant PI, he most likely makes the catch though. The defense play was garbage. Prevent a win. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:47 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: That was about as dumb of a defensive play one could do at that time.   But not as dumb as a decision to have that guy on the field.  

To be honest the two successful seasons we had were probably the worst thing to happen to this team.   Burrow’s career and window will be locked shut so long as Taylor’s around and Taylor will be around so long as there’s a drop of Brown DNA in the ownership group.  .  He’ll eventually get his chance at Free Agency, but much like Palmer, he’ll be a shell of himself.

Sadly, I think you are right. He isn't the same this year at all. Of course when you expect they will fix the one major issue, that has been an issue since your rookie season, and they still haven't fixed it? Even after a wrist surgery and ACL in four seasons?

Can't blame him. Did the O line play better today? A little. bit but if he had the time PM has to throw the ball? We'd be on fire, week after week. 

Now is that a personnel issue or a coaching issue? I am starting to think it is a coaching issue. I have tried to not drag Zac but he sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This one hurt.  I so thought the Bengals had it.

Never, ever, EVER, think the Bengals have it. We all know better.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 08:52 PM)125250 Wrote: The defender can not go through the offensive player to get to the ball. If he doesn’t commit the blatant PI, he most likely makes the catch though. The defense play was garbage. Prevent a win. 

He didn't. He barely touched him and the ball was not nearby. 
Reply/Quote