Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CAN'T Blame the Defense
(09-15-2024, 09:12 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It was a PI in my opinion. He got there too early, the Chiefs WR can't jump and make a play. It's the timing imo which is why people call 'fix'. 

It's too simple to say 'defence lost us the game' or to blame it on any one piece... the run defence was bad again, but otherwise most facets of the team played well. We lost due to too many game-losing errors. One was by the 7th round rookie, but Burrow fumbling for a TD was an enormous game-changer too. I don't think we lose without that, as the Chiefs did very little (I won't call it 'nothing', to appease the guy in GDT) in the 2nd half.

It was definitely PI, he jumped into the receiver's back a fraction of a second early. Now whether or not it should have been called at that point in the game is another issue. 
Reply/Quote
I don't blame them. But I blame Zac putting a rookie in at the MOST important play of the game.

This team is a mess, from the top down. Too many egos, hurt feelings over money, the "look at me, I'm Joe Brrrr" platinum hair, Tee and the milking of the hammy. They are definitely off this season, Joe included.

Makes me sad. Makes me mad, too. I thought they were gonna come out and dominate, for them all to get to NOLA for the SB. Boy was I wrong.

The O line will NEVER be fixed, ever. I give it two or three more weeks before his first injury, sadly. They are TERRIBLE!

I am really tired of the repeated sacks and holding my breath hoping Joe gets up. What other QB has had that many serious injuries, that required a surgical fix in four seasons?? Is MB back in charge? I am being serious when I ask that.

Idk but I am so over it and I think he is too. Can't blame him for feeling like he does, it's written all over his face. With that said, I still cannot with that hair.
Did you know out of all the doggos, Shih Tzu's have one of the closest genetic relationships to the wolf?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Dude.

The Bengals are looking at a 2020 DL in the AFC North. This year will get ugly...

It could.  The rookies are coming back, but we both know DT takes awhile...   Hopefully it isnt too ugly.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:18 PM)BengalB Wrote: I don't blame them. But I blame Zac putting a rookie in at the MOST important play of the game.

This team is a mess, from the top down. Too many egos, hurt feelings over money, the "look at me, I'm Joe Brrrr" platinum hair, Tee and the milking of the hammy. They are definitely off this season, Joe included.

Makes me sad. Makes me mad, too. I thought they were gonna come out and dominate, for them all to get to NOLA for the SB. Boy was I wrong.

The O line will NEVER be fixed, ever. I give it two or three more weeks before his first injury, sadly. They are TERRIBLE!

I am really tired of the repeated sacks and holding my breath hoping Joe gets up. What other QB has had that many serious injuries, that required a surgical fix in four seasons?? Is MB back in charge? I am being serious when I ask that.

Idk but I am so over it and I think he is too. Can't blame him for feeling like he does, it's written all over his face. With that said, I still cannot with that hair.

Man the o line did just fine

They do have Chris Jones cmon
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was definitely PI, he jumped into the receiver's back a fraction of a second early. Now whether or not it should have been called at that point in the game is another issue. 

Did he touch him though? I didn't see a replay on that particular play...
Did you know out of all the doggos, Shih Tzu's have one of the closest genetic relationships to the wolf?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow outplayed Mahomes but this is Essex logic we’re dealing with here.

This isnt true, Essex doesnt have any "logic".

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Man the o line did just fine

They do have Chris Jones cmon

How many sacks in the past two weeks? How many rushed throws? Did he have more than one second on some plays today? Yes, but they still suck.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was definitely PI, he jumped into the receiver's back a fraction of a second early. Now whether or not it should have been called at that point in the game is another issue. 

I mean, if it's PI it should be called. It wasn't like a Hail Mary play where everyone is jumping for the same ball. You don't want to see a ticky-tacky call determine a game right at the end, but I don't think this was in that category.
Reply/Quote
Thought they did enough 3 huge turnovers and only gave up 19 ? 7 came off the fumble td return. Hated only rushing 3 at the end and not sure why Battle wasn’t in at the end ?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:20 PM)BengalB Wrote: How many sacks in the past two weeks? How many rushed throws? Did he have more than one second on some plays today? Yes, but they still suck.

There was some nice pockets on some of those throws today. I thought the OL was fine for the most part. Trent Brown was rough early, but settled in. Volson got beat clean by Chris Jones on one snap but other than that I thought they played more than well enough to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Run defense was complete shit outside of a lucky forced fumble. I thought they did a terrific job against Mahomes though. Which is what you need to do.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good job by Lou Anarumo for the second straight week having a defense that gave the Bengals a chance. Held K.C. to just 20. Made 3 turnovers that put the offense in favorable field positions. Offense once again caused another loss. Predictable play calling, drops, bad decision making and not being able to put the game away at the end. Offense looked better this week but they still need a lot of improvement.
Reply/Quote
Cannot have a rookie DB hit the Receiver that early on that play. Discipline.

Our Defense played well though in this one for sure but timing is everything. The Offense is not to blame either. Great game against a
great team and we barely got edged out. We need run stopping DT's with all our guys injured. Tufele made a nice stop though and it
would be great to get a look at Kris Jenkins and McKinnley Jackson soon to know where we stand as far as stopping the run.
Reply/Quote

This was pretty much my take on this situation. Really think they should've held the flag in that situation unless it was egregious. I mean I think I saw more egregious fouls not called on hail mary throws in the 1 o'clock hour this week.
Reply/Quote
It was a catchable pass. Very catchable, and I’ve seen it thrown when the ball sails over a receivers head so the penalty sucks but was legit.

I don’t know how to feel about the game. It was a good game. We all felt the loss was coming all week. Saw improvements. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 09:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
This was pretty much my take on this situation. Really think they should've held the flag in that situation unless it was egregious. I mean I think I saw more egregious fouls not called on hail mary throws in the 1 o'clock hour this week.

I’ve seen the same argument elsewhere but when I check the rule, a prohibited act is “Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;” so by that definition, it seems legit.
Reply/Quote
If the shoe was on the other foot, and that happened to Chase, and there was no flag, the board would have went nuclear. Was a foul, plain and simple. Defense got them to 4th and 16 to begin with. If the pass was uncatchable, there should have zero contact. Bad DB play, for sure.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’ve seen the same argument elsewhere but when I check the rule, a prohibited act is “Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;” so by that definition, it seems legit.

(09-15-2024, 10:08 PM)Destro Wrote: If the shoe was on the other foot, and that happened to Chase, and there was no flag, the board would have went nuclear. Was a foul, plain and simple. Defense got them to 4th and 16 to begin with. If the pass was uncatchable, there should have zero contact. Bad DB play, for sure.

Yeah, you just cannot go through the WR like that. Don't even understand the argument unless Anthony catches that ball somehow.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, you just cannot go through the WR like that. Don't even understand the argument unless Anthony catches that ball somehow.

The argument is that it's essentially a hail mary. Where there is often if not always contact that in a vacuum you could argue DPI. But if the player is going for the ball then I think the flag should be held. But it wasn't and it is what it is but I'll be curious to see some other plays where I felt there was contact and wasn't called.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2024, 10:18 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The argument is that it's essentially a hail mary. Where there is often if not always contact that in a vacuum you could argue DPI. But if the player is going for the ball then I think the flag should be held. But it wasn't and it is what it is but I'll be curious to see some other plays where I felt there was contact and wasn't called.

It wasn't a hail mary though, it was mid field and the WR had a good shot at catching it if Anthony didn't go through his back. That is all.
Reply/Quote