Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again
I know the teams starts out slow.
I know the team is 0-2.  

I don't understand why the Bengal fanbase is surprised each year by the slow start and poor play early in the season.  Whatever the cause, it is who they are & It is what it is.  Just accept it.  

The Bengals are one of maybe 2-3 teams that can and will beat the Chiefs.  Chiefs know this.  Chiefs fans know this.  refs know this.  Hilarious
But the Bengals will be a force moving forward and once again be one of the team to beat in the playoffs.  

They just have to remain healthy and maybe get a couple IDL.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is starting for the Panthers. He wants revenge, always.

Remaining healthy is he bane of every superbowl team, most are not healthy. We have to perform even when unhealthy, if you have a FO that acts like this with the best players (Tee/Chase), ain't nobody gonna wanna come to be paid and win. That's the only thing most players want I'd imagine - pay me, and I want to win a ring.

Do we show care for either here?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Andy Dalton is starting for the Panthers. He wants revenge, always.

I thought Young was starting QB
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Young was starting QB

They have benched him:
https://t.co/eCZbucMOhM
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They have benched him:
https://t.co/eCZbucMOhM

Panthers could have had CJ.  Must hurt.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know the teams starts out slow.
I know the team is 0-2.  

I don't understand why the Bengal fanbase is surprised each year by the slow start and poor play early in the season.  Whatever the cause, it is who they are & It is what it is.  Just accept it.  

The Bengals are one of maybe 2-3 teams that can and will beat the Chiefs.  Chiefs know this.  Chiefs fans know this.  refs know this.  Hilarious
But the Bengals will be a force moving forward and once again be one of the team to beat in the playoffs.  

They just have to remain healthy and maybe get a couple IDL.

I would agree with you..they played with the best team in the NFL and more than held their own..What is remarkable is the difference between the first and second game of the season..I also liked the diversity of the playcalling and intensity in which we played..And slowly but surely some futre stars aregetting more playing time and hopefully this will continue.. The AFC is wide open and our sechedule the next four weeks is not that tough..So I am enthused..Next Monday night should be fun  WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:20 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: I would agree with you..they played with the best team in the NFL and more than held their own..What is remarkable is the difference between the first and second game of the season..I also liked the diversity of the playcalling and intensity in which we played..And slowly but surely some futre stars aregetting more playing time and hopefully this will continue.. The AFC is wide open and our sechedule the next four weeks is not that tough..So I am enthused..Next Monday night should be fun  WHO DEY

We play down/up to our opponents.

When Burrow went down, our play-calling got more creative too last year.

The trick is to be at a high level all the time.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Andy Dalton Panthers starter. We might get Andy!

What time is the game? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know the teams starts out slow.
I know the team is 0-2.  

I don't know if people are surprised but instead disappointed to start each season in recent years with L's.  I also don't know if people should accept it because it puts the team at a disadvantage from the start. Instead I think we should expect some improvement in that category over the last few years. In my opinion it is much better to come out of the gate strong instead of having to make up ground later.  Especially when those L's are against other AFC teams. 

For a team that was fairly healthy during the preseason in the game against the Patriots they looked like they were just going through the motions in one of those preseason scrimmage games.  They looked like they were in a daze.  Something is wrong when the team looks unmotivated for the first game of the season.  So it is understandable for fans to be disappointed when this happens so often.

I will admit I don't think the loss to the Chiefs yesterday was that bad and I wasn't surprised by the loss.  The Bengals did show some promise compared to the loss to the Patriots. But still starting out 0-2 in the AFC doesn't help.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Just accept losing? You can, not me. If you accept losing then you are a loser, just accept it. Doesn't that sound bad? It does because it is. If this team takes 4 to 5 games to get with it then major changes need to be made with coaches and players cause it won't be in the front office.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:20 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: I would agree with you..they played with the best team in the NFL and more than held their own..What is remarkable is the difference between the first and second game of the season..I also liked the diversity of the playcalling and intensity in which we played..And slowly but surely some futre stars aregetting more playing time and hopefully this will continue.. The AFC is wide open and our sechedule the next four weeks is not that tough..So I am enthused..Next Monday night should be fun  WHO DEY

I think it was ZT best play calling of his career personally.  The way Bengals played against the Chiefs is the way they look toward end of season.  And, they are thin along DL and both WR studs are not relevant yet (one due to injury and one due to missing time on the field).  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if people are surprised but instead disappointed to start each season in recent years with L's.  I also don't know if people should accept it because it puts the team at a disadvantage from the start. Instead I think we should expect some improvement in that category over the last few years. In my opinion it is much better to come out of the gate strong instead of having to make up ground later.  Especially when those L's are against other AFC teams. 

For a team that was fairly healthy during the preseason in the game against the Patriots they looked like they were just going through the motions in one of those preseason scrimmage games.  They looked like they were in a daze.  Something is wrong when the team looks unmotivated for the first game of the season.  So it is understandable for fans to be disappointed when this happens so often.

I will admit I don't think the loss to the Chiefs yesterday was that bad and I wasn't surprised by the loss.  The Bengals did show some promise compared to the loss to the Patriots. But still starting out 0-2 in the AFC doesn't help.

Win or lose, what fans are seeing is a team that starts out slowly.  That is who they are.  Also, I think the team performs better as underdogs.  They like to be counted out.  Sort of like Burrow was counted out at OSU until he transferred to LSU.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:48 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Just accept losing? You can, not me. If you accept losing then you are a loser, just accept it. Doesn't that sound bad? It does because it is. If this team takes 4 to 5 games to get with it then major changes need to be made with coaches and players cause it won't be in the front office

What players would you change?  What coaching change?  I did not say accept losing.  I said accept that the Bengals start out slowly.  If the refs did not blow some calls in Pats game, Bengals likely win.  But even if they win that game against New England, they looked horrible and out of sink.  Bengals looked similar against Steelers after the Super Bowl year.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I don't think people are surprised by the slow start. I just think people know this can't continue and it will catch up to them. They are playing with fire thinking they can start every year 0-2, 1-3 and go to the SB in this division / conference. Sooner or later their luck will run out.

With this "last place" schedule to start the season. You won't find many outside of this board who are fine with coming out of September with no winning record. Something most around here would have said was absurd if anyone would have said otherwise when the schedule was released. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 04:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Win or lose, what fans are seeing is a team that starts out slowly.  That is who they are.  Also, I think the team performs better as underdogs.  They like to be counted out.  Sort of like Burrow was counted out at OSU until he transferred to LSU.  

But here is the thing, starting out slow doesn't have to be who they are.  Starting the season in a near coma every year is avoidable with coaching and leadership. Other teams manage to avoid slow starts  so why can't the Bengals?  Also I doubt the team likes having to make up lost ground.  I think they would prefer to have a little leeway for later in the season when injuries and the general wear and tear of the the season starts to accumulate. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Andy Dalton is starting for the Panthers. He wants revenge, always.

Remaining healthy is he bane of every superbowl team, most are not healthy. We have to perform even when unhealthy, if you have a FO that acts like this with the best players (Tee/Chase), ain't nobody gonna wanna come to be paid and win. That's the only thing most players want I'd imagine - pay me, and I want to win a ring.

Do we show care for either here?

Yeah I saw Dalton was getting the nod and immediately thought of the fantasy implication. I didn't think about having to play him in a couple weeks. Definitely changes the dynamics of that game and it could become much more difficult to win. 

But yeah I do think the Chase and Higgins drama could make things more difficult for us getting players potentially.  I really wish the front office was more proactive in our contracts. Not only catching up with the rest of the league but signing players earlier. Thinking of Higgins and Bates that we could've signed them earlier and moved stuff around to make it work. Worried about what happens with Hendrickson and really seems like our pass rush will completely dissolve when/if he leaves after this season.
Reply/Quote
I also think we were really sold on a full training camp with preseason games and practices against other teams would make a difference. So some of us (me admittedly) are coming down off of that expectation. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if people are surprised but instead disappointed to start each season in recent years with L's.  I also don't know if people should accept it because it puts the team at a disadvantage from the start. Instead I think we should expect some improvement in that category over the last few years. In my opinion it is much better to come out of the gate strong instead of having to make up ground later.  Especially when those L's are against other AFC teams. 

Agree with all your points. Couldn't say it better so i will not add anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 04:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: But here is the thing, starting out slow doesn't have to be who they are.  Starting the season in a near coma every year is avoidable with coaching and leadership. Other teams manage to avoid slow starts  so why can't the Bengals?  Also I doubt the team likes having to make up lost ground.  I think they would prefer to have a little leeway for later in the season when injuries and the general wear and tear of the the season starts to accumulate. 

Again, full agreement. Needs to be restated. As a reminder, in the last 6 years Bengals are 1 and 11 in the first two games of the season. Which i read was an NFL record for futility.
Reply/Quote
If they play like yesterday, they can play with anybody.
Reply/Quote