Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again
The Ravens have a real OLine problem. The Browns and Steelers both have a QB problem.

Bengals should be in good shape to host a home playoff game with a healthy Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 05:13 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: The Ravens have a real OLine problem.   The Browns and Steelers both have a QB problem.  

Bengals should be in good shape to host a home playoff game with a healthy Burrow.

We can say the other teams suck, but it comes down to math. The Pats game was a missed opportunity.

11 wins probably wins the division, that's an 11-4 record the rest of the way.

From 1-1 it's 10-5. Starting 0-2 takes the margin for error away somewhat.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:48 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Just accept losing? You can, not me. If you accept losing then you are a loser, just accept it. Doesn't that sound bad? It does because it is. If this team takes 4 to 5 games to get with it then major changes need to be made with coaches and players cause it won't be in the front office.

Somebody said it will be better to go back to KC. Can’t make this stuff up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 07:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We can say the other teams suck, but it comes down to math. The Pats game was a missed opportunity.

Just 2 of the Steelers, Bengals or Ravens might make the Playoffs. (2 of the 3)

(can't rule out the Browns either where just 2 of the 4 get in & maybe 1 of those 2 is the Browns)

Maybe 3 AFC North Teams get in but 2 might be more likely.

I'm concerned that the Bengals could become a force once they get their Chemistry together but they may

end up just barely missing the Playoffs while being more READY for a Super Bowl run than some Teams that get in.

Monday Night Football at Home on 9/23/24 versus Washington needs to end well and then start stacking Wins.
Reply/Quote
Washington and Carolina should be two easy wins — but if Andy Dalton starts for the Panthers life might be difficult that day. Andy has a great memory and he’s still upset over being benched for Ryan Finley.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Andy Dalton looked at the camera and said "You shouldn't have f*cking cut me!". Yes I would, Andy is a family man.

But don't think for 1 second he doesn't want to beat us, like if we faced the Texans in the playoffs Mixon is going to run all over us. I do think we lose to Houston or CLE in the playoffs, we have to get lucky and 1) make it and 2) not face them. Our porous run defense + Motivated Mixon is 1% chance of winning lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know the teams starts out slow.
I know the team is 0-2.  

I don't understand why the Bengal fanbase is surprised each year by the slow start and poor play early in the season.  Whatever the cause, it is who they are & It is what it is.  Just accept it.  

The Bengals are one of maybe 2-3 teams that can and will beat the Chiefs.  Chiefs know this.  Chiefs fans know this.  refs know this.  Hilarious
But the Bengals will be a force moving forward and once again be one of the team to beat in the playoffs.  

They just have to remain healthy and maybe get a couple IDL.

Agree, am I disappointed by the slow starts? Of course, but we will get it together and be a team to be feared once the Playoffs roll around.

Especially by the Chiefs and the Bills who are probably the best 2 teams right now in the AFC. Surprised how good the Bills looked the first two
games with all the players they lost. Ray Davis was a RB I wanted us to Draft and has looked really good and it seems the Bills lost nothing when
they went out of their way to get rid of Stefon Diggs. The Texans could be good with Stroud as well but they didn't look good against the Bears.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 07:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Washington and Carolina should be two easy wins — but if Andy Dalton starts for the Panthers life might be difficult that day.  Andy has a great memory and he’s still upset over being benched for Ryan Finley.

Listen to this,, Remember last year at Houston? They were missing 7 or 8 starters and they thumped us. Remember last week with the Pats here at home and how we were gonna cruise to victory because the Pats had a BU QB, new head coach and 2 key D players were out? Got thumped again. Really you guys should know better these Bengals by now. I'll say this now that they will have no easy gimmies the rest of the season and will struggle to win 9 or 10 games.

I know I'm the Donna Downer but after 55 years I see this pattern that occurs in the halls of Bengal land and it keeps reoccurring thru different players, coaches, systems and the only thing that remains the same is ...
Reply/Quote
It's all going to come down to the trenches with this team. Especially on defense. They REALLY need to fortify that DT room.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 04:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: I also think we were really sold on a full training camp with preseason games and practices against other teams would make a difference. So some of us (me admittedly) are coming down off of that expectation. 

I thought this was this issue.  Guess not.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 05:05 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: If they play like yesterday, they can play with anybody.

For the most part, Marvin's teams could play with anybody. This was supposed to be the next step where the Bengals are the standard to be judged against.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 08:51 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Listen to this,, Remember last year at Houston? They were missing 7 or 8 starters and they thumped us. Remember last week with the Pats here at home and how we were gonna cruise to victory because the Pats had a BU QB, new head coach and 2 key D players were out? Got thumped again. Really you guys should know better these Bengals by now. I'll say this now that they will have no easy gimmies the rest of the season and will struggle to win 9 or 10 games.

I know I'm the Donna Downer but after 55 years I see this pattern that occurs in the halls of Bengal land and it keeps reoccurring thru different players, coaches, systems and the only thing that remains the same is ...

You’re spot on. A truly objective fan. 
Reply/Quote
Well that's the thing, when we're all Bengals fans and some of us have seen the same thing for 35-40+ years, the only constant is Mike Brown.

So we're Mike Browns fans. Said nobody, but that's all it is. I'm not a Mike Brown fan, not anymore. He doesn't want to win the superbowl, he almost accidentally did. That, or the NFL doesn't want to help us at all lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:48 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Just accept losing? You can, not me. If you accept losing then you are a loser, just accept it. Doesn't that sound bad? It does because it is. If this team takes 4 to 5 games to get with it then major changes need to be made with coaches and players cause it won't be in the front office.

If you think any team is going to win every game, you are just going to be miserable. Losing and losing season are two entirely different things. The Bengals always seem to get hot down the stretch and go into the playoffs playing at their best. Much better than starting off strong, then trailing off at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 07:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We can say the other teams suck, but it comes down to math. The Pats game was a missed opportunity.

I'm going to say 10 wins will take the division this year. Remember, the Ravens are 0-2 as well
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know the teams starts out slow.
I know the team is 0-2.  

I don't understand why the Bengal fanbase is surprised each year by the slow start and poor play early in the season.  Whatever the cause, it is who they are & It is what it is.  Just accept it.  

My reservation about accepting it is if we come up a couple games short of the playoffs. Fortunately, Baltimore is also 0-2 and the Steelers and Browns aren't dominant teams. I do believe the Bengals can still win the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 03:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Andy Dalton is starting for the Panthers. He wants revenge, always.

Remaining healthy is he bane of every superbowl team, most are not healthy. We have to perform even when unhealthy, if you have a FO that acts like this with the best players (Tee/Chase), ain't nobody gonna wanna come to be paid and win. That's the only thing most players want I'd imagine - pay me, and I want to win a ring.

Do we show care for either here?

Still don't understand why everyone is bashing the FO. Chase still has 2 years left on his contract plus the tag if the Bengals want.  They offered 35 APY which is equal to JJ $$.  The only difference is the guarantee and deferring 2/3 of the $$ to later years.  Big deal.  This is a cash flow thing.  btw, you can't compare the Vikings because they are not already escrowing $$ for a QB guarantee.  The Bengals simply don't have the $$.  You can't put $20 of gas in your car if you only have $10 in your checking account.

I love Chase as much as the next person. But if he is going to act like he did this past week every week then it is not good.  When is he going to start complaining about not getting enough touches?  Trust me it's coming as he wants those stats for next years negotiations, which btw will be very ugly because the Bengal FO will have to use their leverage similar to arbitration.  This is going to cause a lot of bad blood for Chase and the organization if it goes into next year (way worse than it is now).  He needs to fire his agent and sign the damn contract.  If he wants to protect himself take out an insurance policy, he did it this year why not longer term.

Sadly, if this goes into next year the Bengals may have to make a decision to seek a trade.  If Chase all of a sudden wants 40M next year I don't see it getting done.  They may as well sign Tee and trade Chase to a team like the Panthers who you know will deliver a great draft pick.

At the end of the day it may end up worse for Chase than it does the Bengals.  If he wants to be the top guarantee money WR he may end up in NFL Siberia to get it.  Wonder if he would want that over staying with a contender.  Maybe?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2024, 08:51 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Listen to this,, Remember last year at Houston? They were missing 7 or 8 starters and they thumped us. Remember last week with the Pats here at home and how we were gonna cruise to victory because the Pats had a BU QB, new head coach and 2 key D players were out? Got thumped again. Really you guys should know better these Bengals by now. I'll say this now that they will have no easy gimmies the rest of the season and will struggle to win 9 or 10 games.

And remember the pitiful Jets a few years ago? Mike White threw for over 400 yards to beat the Bengals. Yeah, I no longer like to mentally book upcoming games as "easy wins." 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2024, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If you think any team is going to win every game, you are just going to be miserable. Losing and losing season are two entirely different things. The Bengals always seem to get hot down the stretch and go into the playoffs playing at their best. Much better than starting off strong, then trailing off at the end of the season.

I realize that and there is a big difference in losing like we did against KC and the Pats. I'm saying having a win every game attitude and positive thoughts, prep and results are key. I'm at the point watching Bengals that I just watch and never expect wins no matter who the opponent. Doesn't change my life at all. Chiefs were 11-6 last and SB Champs again (with help from the refs) so yes I realize even the champs will lose games.

It's just to me that losing too many games whether preseason or regular season could possibly become habit and a losing habit is never good.
Reply/Quote
Two things seem to often derail the Bengals and that is game to game consistency like looking like the Pats game , then one week later almost beating the defending SB champs. Looked like two different teams playing. And the other is when our 1's get injured and are out our replacements seem like a big drop off where other teams seem to continue on and not lose a step or lose very little and still win. I realize that position by position it makes a difference but it doesn't take other teams coaches long to find holes and weaknesses on either side of the ball.
Reply/Quote