Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a Difference a One 4th and 16 Can Make?
I know this is a Captain Obvious statement but it really does make a huge difference moving forward. If that play had turned out to our satisfaction we are tied with the Chiefs and, in effect, we have a 1-game advantage over them because of the head-to-head win. Instead, we are essentially three games behind them--- 2 in the standings, plus the tie-breaker. So, instead of +1 over the Chiefs , we are a -3 . That's a four game difference because of the Chiefs' flag-assisted conversion on 4th and 16. It's still very early, but it's likely that if we meet the Chiefs again this season, it will likely be at Arrowhead. That's really too bad. Hopefully, we'll have the ball last in the next meeting and the stripes will throw the flag in our favor.

How likely do you think it is that we can overcome this three game hole we're in with respect to the Chiefs?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Yall did this a bunch last year and i warned yall to stop

We not making whole threads on the Chiefs on this board

They are a regular ass team just like us

We aren’t gonna climb out of a 0-2 just to face the Chiefs. The Chiefs could lose the rest of their games and miss playoffs.

We are going to do it so we can beat ANY team we may face later.

Yall talk about the Chiefs like they the boogie man and we damn near beat them every time we play.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Chiefs have won 3 of the last 4 superbowls and are trying to 3-peat, so yeah it is the AFC vs the Chiefs. Looks like the refs going to give Chiefs all home games again. Seems like the league may want that 3 peat.

The problem is a team like the Texans or the Browns could knock us out before that.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs will not even be there at the end. They lost Pacheco, Kelce is a shell of himself, and Mahomes threw 3 interceptions. They are not as good as they were.
Reply/Quote
Much like previous seasons, if we get on a roll to the point where we're going to Arrowhead for the AFCCG... I'm really not that bothered by playing them at their house. We beat them there once, we could've done it again the next year with one decent FG drive at the end (and Ossai not committing that dumb as hell penalty). We're competitive against them every single time we play them, we seem to have some formula for keeping Mahomes in check... I really don't see why we'd fear them if we had to play them. They're a great team, but we've proven time and time again we can hang with them.

This is unbelievable to be saying, but like Reuben says above, I'd be far more bothered having the play the Browns in the playoffs. There's a team I'm not sure we would beat. Which is insane to say considering how historically bad they are and how bad their QB is.
Reply/Quote
I feel Eagles Cowboys and Commanders are the 3 teams we will have trouble matching up against mainly due to athletic QB's our D tends to struggle against. Daniels and Hurts scare me Cowboys Micah Parson's is matchup nightmare for us. Lamar is a different type of athletic QB that concerns me less because we play them quite a bit and know there strengths and weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
The replies to this thread slamming the Chiefs must be satire.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote