Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if we go 0-3?
(Yesterday, 07:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Since 1979, only 6 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3, and none of those teams won a Super Bowl.

Bengals would be the 7th, and then the 1st.

When people throw the 0-2, 0-3 etc., stats out there, those teams mostly didn't make the playoffs because they remained what they were at the start of the season and did not improve. We'll be a better team when Higgins is back. Burrow's getting his feet back under him after his injury and is looking like his old self again. Most teams in those stats who have bad starts never get better. The Bengals typically start slow, then go on extended win streaks. So the stats mean nothing. 
Reply/Quote
They're not going to fire Taylor for 0-3. In fact, unless they run the table in reverse (lose every game), this FO is not doing anything with Taylor.

But FFS - many coaches on this team should no longer be coaches on this team. Poilack. Simmons. Possibly Anarumo and Pitcher.

But Simmons and Pollack should have both been past-tense 2 years ago. Everyone complains about Pollack, and for good reason, but Simmons has been stealing money from this franchise for 2 years.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
0-3 with a Dalton showdown after?

with this talent on the roster an 0-3 start should put coaches on the hot seat.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What does that do to you? What does that do to the team? Do we say "seasons over?"  Does that leave a salty taste in the city? Does it leave a salty taste in the coaching staff and the FO against Chase's hold-in, or Tee's weakness, or our weak WR depth, or our weak RB squad, or our new OC? Does it put pressure on Zac or Lou?

Any given Sunday. What do you say?

Probably be depressed for the rest of the day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)XenoMorph Wrote: 0-3 with a Dalton showdown after?

with this talent on the roster an 0-3 start should put coaches on the hot seat.

everyone should be worried about the defensive line. Mabe down the road they'll get healthier, but for now, it's definitley a problem. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)SunsetBengal Wrote: Probably be depressed for the rest of the day.

If it doesn't extend to at least 1 minute on the next day (e.g. 1 minute after midnight), you are better than I.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: everyone should be worried about the defensive line. Mabe down the road they'll get healthier, but for now, it's definitley a problem. 

I thought I read WA running back is 6 YPC. We will laugh
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:25 PM)Destro Wrote: I will be exercising my right to remain silent, as anything I say can and will be used against me in a court of law.

What, you gonna start DEFENDING Zac Taylor? LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)SunsetBengal Wrote: Probably be depressed for the rest of the day.

Game ends at 11ish, right? So depressed for an hour? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What does that do to you? What does that do to the team? Do we say "seasons over?"  Does that leave a salty taste in the city?

What do you say?

0 - 3 ?
[Image: R.177cd7165d7bb00fe66f2387deea91b0?rik=f...ImgRaw&r=0][Image: OIP.R3xqlOEVwvbPFRlTylUy2QHaEK?w=322&h=1...=5&pid=1.7]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've decided to not put any emotion on sports as long as the game is over.

So if we win, I take the joyful feeling and if we lose I move on to something else.

At the end of the day, it's just sports.
You can only be bothered by your own thoughts. You can only be p*ssed about your own life.

Reply/Quote
Washington runs the ball really well. Our d-line is banged up.

This isn't a gimme win.
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They're not going to fire Taylor for 0-3. In fact, unless they run the table in reverse (lose every game), this FO is not doing anything with Taylor.

But FFS - many coaches on this team should no longer be coaches on this team. Poilack. Simmons. Possibly Anarumo and Pitcher.

But Simmons and Pollack should have both been past-tense 2 years ago. Everyone complains about Pollack, and for good reason, but Simmons has been stealing money from this franchise for 2 years.

Funny, Simmons and Lou are both seen among the league as among the best in their respective positions. 
Lou is Top 5...   https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-top-10-defensive-coordinators-entering-2024
Bengals STs were 8th last year.....   The 2023 NFL Special Teams Rankings - Rick Gosselin
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What does that do to you? What does that do to the team? Do we say "seasons over?"  Does that leave a salty taste in the city? Does it leave a salty taste in the coaching staff and the FO against Chase's hold-in, or Tee's weakness, or our weak WR depth, or our weak RB squad, or our new OC? Does it put pressure on Zac or Lou?

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522ht7vcl35cnqqkxy9gl...w.gif&ct=g]

We'll need to hold you accountable for the bad mojo 0-3 post.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

0-3 is like starting off like being 10 under .500 in the first 1-2 months in baseball.
There's still technically room to go on a run, but you really put yourself in a hole that's hard to get out of.
You might get to middle of the pack, but it really puts a damper on your playoff chances.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
0-3 alot of self reflection by organization on staff especially ZT and players especially Burrow and Chase
Reply/Quote
Let me ask this.... if the Ravens go 0-3, will everyone think they are out of it?
Reply/Quote

It would be rough especially after playing the Chiefs so hard and nearly beating them in their place and losing to a team like Washington 
that is young. They are talented though and it isn't out of the question as with any NFL team. Wasting this easy schedule sure would be a 
bit of a joke. But we all know how schedules change as teams change.

If last year has taught me anything, I don't give up till it is over though and this team always makes a run at the Playoffs under Zac.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: Let me ask this.... if the Ravens go 0-3, will everyone think they are out of it?

Nope. I expect them to go 0-3 too.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)ochocincos Wrote: 0-3 is like starting off like being 10 under .500 in the first 1-2 months in baseball.
There's still technically room to go on a run, but you really put yourself in a hole that's hard to get out of.
You might get to middle of the pack, but it really puts a damper on your playoff chances.

It's Math, right?

We probably need 10 or 11 wins to win the division.

From 0-3, you need to finish 10-4 or 11-3.

We probably can't go 11-3.

Winning 10 out of 14 seems tough too.
Reply/Quote