Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the hell did the Bengals lose to the Patriots?
(09-20-2024, 09:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They overlooked them, weren't prepared, and played vanilla on offense (ZT would never admit this). Plus Burrow was/is still figuring stuff out.

I am not a "bash ZT guy", but the Bengals were are not prepared for week Sept and that loss was inexcusable.

Fixed it for you Wink

What's Zack record with Burrow the first two weeks in September is  1-7 since 2021

Zack's record record without Burrow with Dalton the first two weeks in September 2019- 2020 0-4.

Grand total 1-11.

Let that sink into you, 1-11!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 09:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: You can’t tell anything from a Thursday night game. It’s too quick a turnaround and the product is always trash. Fans would be best served to watch these games for fun and then immediately scrub them from memory.
Doesn’t mean the Pats are good or bad, just that TNF is a trash product.

I don't see why there aren't games on Fri or Sat instead.
I would assume it's because of some rule (written or unwritten) they have to allow people to watch high school football on Fridays and college football on Saturdays, but I think it'd be ok to move the TNF game to Friday night or Saturday sometime. Or hell, have multiple games on Monday nights - one on ESPN and the other on Amazon Prime.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well I think it was kind of a perfect storm. JaMarrs hold in was really only gonna hurt us marginally at first I believe but when we lose Tee the week of the 1st game it expanded the problem although I think he played well. Then we refuse to make the run game a priority and we pay the price for that in games we could lean on it more. Defenses first game with new players/players in new positions. Limited Dline depth on top of losing Reader and run defense a question mark. Then national media/odds makers gave the Patriots all the bulletin board material they needed.
Reply/Quote
TO's are the great equalizer.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, sure stings huh?

Good god
Reply/Quote
Im sitting here wondering how we lost the game against the Chiefs.

4th and 18 with like a minute left. The Burrow fumble. The missed extra point...I mean I am getting sick just thinking about it again.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 09:39 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: Dennis_Green.png]
Wink

Yes, this reply would be fitting for the KC loss.

"AND WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!"

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Patriots were easily the more physical team and it felt like the offense was treating it like a 4th pre-season game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 10:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see why there aren't games on Fri or Sat instead.
I would assume it's because of some rule (written or unwritten) they have to allow people to watch high school football on Fridays and college football on Saturdays, but I think it'd be ok to move the TNF game to Friday night or Saturday sometime. Or hell, have multiple games on Monday nights - one on ESPN and the other on Amazon Prime.

Sports broadcasting act of 1961

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Broadcasting_Act_of_1961

What they probably will end up doing is having the team's have a bye week the week before the Thursday night game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We played them in the 1st game of the season. ZT is 1-11 in first two games and JB 1-10 we had no chance
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 11:25 AM)J24 Wrote: Sports broadcasting act of 1961

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Broadcasting_Act_of_1961

What they probably will end up doing is having the team's have a bye week the week before the Thursday night game.

Great info, thank you for the education!

While part of me says, "Who cares about attendance for high school and college football?" I get that the schools (heavily) depend on attendance at football games with cost of admission, concessions, etc.

However, I think it's mentioned in that link how to get an exception to that rule, plus it would expand the NFL's viewership globally...have the Friday/Saturday games in another country.
If that's too difficult to do, I think having the extra game on Monday instead of Thursday would also be a better solution because high school and college don't play on Mondays.
They can stagger the game times to allow for people to technically tune into both games at least for some time.

Your idea of teams having a bye before a Thursday game also makes sense, although it still means NFL games on Thursdays.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Did you know in 2011 the R-skins led by Rex Grossman swept the NY Giants? Of course you don't know that, you only know that the Giants won the SB that year.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 01:51 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Who is responsible for teaching how to tackle to a professional NFL player? 

Not trying to argue with you, but they bring in outside or NFL consultants nearly every year and do a film session on what's legal for the season and what isn't. AKA how to tackle.

Ts, I understand what you were getting at.
Reply/Quote
Burrow didn't play enough in pre-season. (Zac Taylor)

Turnovers

Looking ahead to KC.

Jamar Chase distraction

No Higgins

No run game

that sums it up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 11:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Great info, thank you for the education!

While part of me says, "Who cares about attendance for high school and college football?" I get that the schools (heavily) depend on attendance at football games with cost of admission, concessions, etc.

However, I think it's mentioned in that link how to get an exception to that rule, plus it would expand the NFL's viewership globally...have the Friday/Saturday games in another country.
If that's too difficult to do, I think having the extra game on Monday instead of Thursday would also be a better solution because high school and college don't play on Mondays.
They can stagger the game times to allow for people to technically tune into both games at least for some time.

Your idea of teams having a bye before a Thursday game also makes sense, although it still means NFL games on Thursdays.

I have always felt that they should have pushed for Tuesday night football instead of Thursday. Gives teams four days off between games instead of three and keeps the Thanksgiving games as kind of a special thing.

I also felt that the International games should be for the 17th game added to the schedule, for Cincy this year, it's next weekends game vs Carolina. If it's not going to be an International game, it should be at a neutral site in America like in Iowa or Arkansas or Montana. Giving one conference nine home games and another conference eight is short sighted. Make the ninth home game a neutral site and help grow the brand inside the country, also.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 02:49 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I have always felt that they should have pushed for Tuesday night football instead of Thursday. Gives teams four days off between games instead of three and keeps the Thanksgiving games as kind of a special thing.

I also felt that the International games should be for the 17th game added to the schedule, for Cincy this year, it's next weekends game vs Carolina. If it's not going to be an International game, it should be at a neutral site in America like in Iowa or Arkansas or Montana. Giving one conference nine home games and another conference eight is short sighted. Make the ninth home game a neutral site and help grow the brand inside the country, also.

Tuesday also seems better than Thursday, I agree. Joe
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They were underprepared, little to no reps in preseason, and they slepwalked through it.
Reply/Quote
Lot's of factors plus I agree with Leonardfan40 that Thursday night games are pretty hard to judge a team on. Rodgers was bound
to come around and the Jets know the Pats very well. We always come out flat early in the regular season as we are just too laid
back as Sunset says. Also think what Weezy says has some merit, we were playing vanilla and not wanting to show too much to the
Chiefs and it came back to bite us in the ass because our Offense couldn't score and our Defense couldn't tackle or stop the run.

Just a bunch of factors. Any NFL team can beat any NFL team when they are unprepared and overlooking them.
Reply/Quote
Why do we torture ourselves?

IMO I think a lot had to do with the way our coaching staff handled the JaMarr situation. The player should never be the one who decides if he plays or not when healthy. 

The whole off-season they were allowing the tail to wag the dog. I doubt it went unnoticed by other players. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do we torture ourselves?

IMO I think a lot had to do with the way our coaching staff handled the JaMarr situation. The player should never be the one who decides if he plays or not when healthy. 

The whole off-season they were allowing the tail to wag the dog. I doubt it went unnoticed by other players. 

I was one of the ones saying it didn't matter as long as he played but I think you could be right and I was wrong.

There definitely has been some bad that came of that entire Chase situation.
Reply/Quote