Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the hell did the Bengals lose to the Patriots?
If they don't pay their best players, why would any free agent want to come here to win a ring or earn money? They ****** up the Tee and Ja'marr situation, and they're young and they're going to react like young people do. It's enough of a fuckup to possibly mess a SB run up.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2024, 11:47 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Watching them on TNF...
They're terrible.

There is no sense of Urgency in Cincinnati and I'm hating it!!!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
The Jets blitzed Brissett a ton. I think he was hit 15 times and sacked 5. Makes you wonder why we always have 3 rushing on Mahomes on 4th and 16 type play.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 06:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The Jets blitzed Brissett a ton. I think he was hit 15 times and sacked 5. Makes you wonder why we always have 3 rushing on Mahomes on 4th and 16 type play.

If you rush 4, you can't put a 7th round rookie 6th DB on the field. So clearly you only want to rush 3.   Ninja

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
Recently the Bengals haven't been thinking about the game and prioritizing it enough and it shows. That's on the culture and coaching as well as the players. And even if we win this week (not a given) that isn't fixing the problem. It will take months of sacrifice and focus to fix the problem. I would say it is time to get serious but it is past time to do that. Long past.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They're terrible.

Because The Bengals are never ready to play Week One.  They think they can just throw their jock straps out there and get a win.  In Week One The Bengals were terrible.  The Bengals only scored 10 points and breaking news, you don't win many NFL games scoring 10 points.  Patriots only score 16 points, but that was enough to win.  

We see this every year in Game One.  I know all teams have cut back on preseason and training camp prep, but The Bengals are never ready to play Week One for many years now.  I'm not sure they could beat a pee wee team in week one.  They always show up rusty, out of shape, and not ready to play.

No matter who Bengals play week one next year, Bengals will lose.  Bengals are probably the worst week one team in NFL, because they always lose, because for them it's like preseason game trying to get ready for the season, except it counts as a loss. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 09:09 AM)kevin Wrote: Because The Bengals are never ready to play Week One.  They think they can just throw their jock straps out there and get a win.  In Week One The Bengals were terrible.  The Bengals only scored 10 points and breaking news, you don't win many NFL games scoring 10 points.  Patriots only score 16 points, but that was enough to win.  

We see this every year in Game One.  I know all teams have cut back on preseason and training camp prep, but The Bengals are never ready to play Week One for many years now.  I'm not sure they could beat a pee wee team in week one.  They always show up rusty, out of shape, and not ready to play.

No matter who Bengals play week one next year, Bengals will lose.  Bengals are probably the worst week one team in NFL, because they always lose, because for them it's like preseason game trying to get ready for the season, except it counts as a loss. 

I bet you are right. 

Anyone have any stats on this - during the Zak era?
Reply/Quote
I think it was a combination of things. The most impactful IMO was the vanilla gameplan. It actually looked less preseason-y than the offense the first team ran for a drive in the first preseason game.

There's been a lot of change on both side of the ball with Callahan leaving and the 2 new safeties being installed. In that game, they were adjusting to Higgins being out and Chase being out of practice. Trent Brown and Cappa took a few possessions to get things going as well.

I legitimately think that they wanted to get through the NE game showing as little as possible. Probably figured they could hide some things from KC before a game of that magnitude. It was a dumb idea if that was the actual plan.

This team is generally good at rounding into shape when real games begin. I think the new contributors like All, Burton, and Mims will eventually be big factors for them. An offense with Tee, Ja'marr and Burton will allow them to do things they've never been able to do. I'm holding out hope that around Halloween we'll all be pretty confident in them again.
Reply/Quote
its not about who you play, but when you play them

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Im ready to move on to a more hardnosed HC type (Maybe Vrabel?)
and Im tired of these yearly weak, soft beginnings
I don't care if they go on a small winning streak, this is now the trademark of this team
and being in AFCN makes it more magnified
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 11:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: its not about who you play, but when you play them

Everybody who plays Bengals in Game One wins,  and bet your money the same is true next season no matter who is on the schedule.  When you play them, huh.  Well, in Week One the Bengals are in preseason mode and pee wee teams look more ready to play.  However it is not a preseason game, and The Loss to start every season counts. Mark it down, whoever plays Bengals in Week One in 2025, will beat a not ready to play Bengals.  Insanity is doing the same thing, and expecting different results.  The Bengals will go into Game One next year with no regulars ready as always, and they will lose as always. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We came out unprepared and thinking we could glide thru this game easy. And we couldn't
Reply/Quote
No TJ Hockenson, no Jordan Addison. Their QB is Sam freaking Darnold, and yet the Vikings OC can still figure out a way to absolutely feed the ball to their best player.

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
its obvious the player talent is what was running the team, now that that is gone/not playing, we are back to losing. The team has carried the coaching.
Reply/Quote
They're terrible.

Cause they thought they were an easy win and didnt prepare.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do we torture ourselves?

IMO I think a lot had to do with the way our coaching staff handled the JaMarr situation. The player should never be the one who decides if he plays or not when healthy. 

The whole off-season they were allowing the tail to wag the dog. I doubt it went unnoticed by other players. 

So, just curious what your reasons are we sucked in the opener last year...and the year before that...and the year before that...

Zac runs a soft as Charmin camp to try and limit injuries and keep guys fresher for the the playoffs.  That's why we always suck out of the gate.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 01:08 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Poor coaching (preparation). We couldn't tackle for crap, and we made huge mistakes like fumbling at the goal line because Hudson didn't feel like bringing the ball in. The biggest issues we had against NE can be coached up.

We also cannot run or stop the run. NE's back had over 100 yards rushing. 

Also, poor coaching. We should have went for it instead of punting late.
Reply/Quote