Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if we go 0-3?
(09-19-2024, 02:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Then we go 0-3, not the end of the world.

As far as, the football season for the 2024 Bengals it is. You’re like the guy that said it’s better to play in KC for the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
What if we go 0-3 and the Squealers go 3-0? Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 05:35 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: What if we go 0-3 and the Squealers go 3-0?  Mellow

How is it even possible? Guess the Steelers Defense is killing everyone?
Reply/Quote
I'll do what I always do, be bummed out for awhile, question my own sanity and wonder why I'm still a Bengals fan then look forward to the next game.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 04:06 PM)125250 Wrote: As far as, the football season for the 2024 Bengals it is. You’re like the guy that said it’s better to play in KC for the playoffs. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and speculate the world will still exist..I'm fairly certain WWIII doesn't hinge on whether the Bengals go 0-3 or not., but if it does then the old maxim that we're all gonna die may actually be true.  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2024, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What does that do to you? What does that do to the team? Do we say "seasons over?"  Does that leave a salty taste in the city? Does it leave a salty taste in the coaching staff and the FO against Chase's hold-in, or Tee's weakness, or our weak WR depth, or our weak RB squad, or our new OC? Does it put pressure on Zac or Lou?

Any given Sunday. What do you say?

we get ready for a humiliation by our old friend, Red Rifle....maybe JB dyes his hair Red after that one
on top of that I think Katie B needs to really look at if the ZT way is best in AFCN
I think they should have traded Tee for a Quality DE or DT in offseason and made it work for Chase but here we are 
IM a  fan of bringing in a tougher coach like Vrabel....if anyone here was around in 70s.-80s era when they brought in Forrest Gregg ... this is what it reminds me of right now
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 01:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: we get ready for a humiliation by our old friend, Red Rifle....maybe JB dyes his hair Red after that one
on top of that I think Katie B needs to really look at if the ZT way is best in AFCN
I think they should have traded Tee for a Quality DE or DT in offseason and made it work for Chase but here we are 
IM a  fan of bringing in a tougher coach like Vrabel....if anyone here was around in 70s.-80s era when they brought in Forrest Gregg ... this is what it reminds me of right now

What about Billy Bob belichick
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 05:35 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: What if we go 0-3 and the Squealers go 3-0? Mellow

Ugh. Oh man what a puke that would be.

Gonna have to sweep the Stoolers this season to reel them back in!

Seriously though,, 0-3 would be terrible. However, the division doesn't look very good yet. Bengals go 0-3? There's still hope. But going to have to sweep the division games or at least go 5-1 to have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 02:28 PM)Bengal Billy Wrote: Ugh. Oh man what a puke that would be.

Gonna have to sweep the Stoolers this season to reel them back in!

Seriously though,, 0-3 would be terrible. However, the division doesn't look very good yet. Bengals go 0-3? There's still hope. But going to have to sweep the division games or at least go 5-1 to have a shot.

The Squealers are 1.5 favorite at home to go 3 - 0 Sick , before we step on the field Monday night.  Mellow

The division doesn't look good because two of the AFC Champion contenders are dragging the division for the other two division teams. 
Keep in mind the whole division went over .500 last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 11:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and speculate the world will still exist..I'm fairly certain WWIII doesn't hinge on whether the Bengals go 0-3 or not., but if it does then the old maxim that we're all gonna die may actually be true.  Sad

I was talking about the Bengals season. Who said anything about the world hinging on the Bengals season? 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 02:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Squealers are 1.5 favorite at home to go 3 - 0 Sick , before we step on the field Monday night.  Mellow

The division doesn't look good because two of the AFC Champion contenders are dragging the division for the other two division teams. 
Keep in mind the whole division went over .500 last year.

Thinking a little more, If Dropping to 0-3, Cincy is going to at least have to go 10-4 the rest of the way with probably 6 of those wins coming as a division sweep. That's just to get them in position to have a shot of getting in the playoffs.

Considering their recent lack of success against the stains, stoolers, and even the rats, that's an extremely tall order indeed.

Can't be dropping any of these next games to Commanders or Panthers. Need these wins to be 2-2 heading into game vs the rats.

BTW - f*** the stoolers
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How is it even possible? Guess the Steelers Defense is killing everyone?

The Steelers are not as weak at quarterback.  They admitted Pickett was their Akili Smith pick.  In comes Fields with the Super Bowl Seattle QB as back-up and to help coach Fields up.  Fields never lost to Michigan, so he is good in big games.  Steelers have upgraded bringing in the Ohio State QB.  The days of Pickett and Rudoplh are over.  

To Bengals, just don't go 0-3, because 0-3 teams never go play-offs.  If Bengals go 0-3, then they spent way too much money on payroll.  I could have a team go 0-3 with the cheapest team possible.  If this team starts 0-3, all the high priced Bengals are over rated. 

It might be raining Monday Night.  Ohio in a drought for many weeks, and Ohio needs the rain.  This could be a game in the rain all night, which could be an ugly game.  OK, Bengals will have to win ugly. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 02:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Squealers are 1.5 favorite at home to go 3 - 0 Sick , before we step on the field Monday night.  Mellow

Step 1 Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 04:45 PM)kevin Wrote: The Steelers are not as weak at quarterback.  They admitted Pickett was their Akili Smith pick.  In comes Fields with the Super Bowl Seattle QB as back-up and to help coach Fields up.  Fields never lost to Michigan, so he is good in big games.  Steelers have upgraded bringing in the Ohio State QB.  The days of Pickett and Rudoplh are over.  

To Bengals, just don't go 0-3, because 0-3 teams never go play-offs.  If Bengals go 0-3, then they spent way too much money on payroll.  I could have a team go 0-3 with the cheapest team possible.  If this team starts 0-3, all the high priced Bengals are over rated. 

It might be raining Monday Night.  Ohio in a drought for many weeks, and Ohio needs the rain.  This could be a game in the rain all night, which could be an ugly game.  OK, Bengals will have to win ugly. 

Oh, Fields my ***. He's thrown exactly two touchdowns and one interception in those 3 wins. He's been sacked 6 times. Fumbled twice. He's averaging about 6 yds a throw. Fields sucks. The Stealers are getting it done on the ground and with defense. As soon as Twatt has his yearly injury, they will start losing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2024, 06:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How is it even possible? Guess the Steelers Defense is killing everyone?

The Steelers get a crazy amount of timely sacks. On offense, they make just enough plays to win. Like they'll complete a pass and a guy will break tackles or fields will make a timely run.

They're probably a really capable QB away from a SB contender. Like IF you put Burrow on the Steelers, they'd be perennial SB contenders.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, Fields my ***. He's thrown exactly two touchdowns and one interception in those 3 wins. He's been sacked 6 times. Fumbled twice. He's averaging about 6 yds a throw. Fields sucks. The Stealers are getting it done on the ground and with defense. As soon as Twatt has his yearly injury, they will start losing. 

Isn't it weird how these guys that do good in college suck in the Pros passing?
Reply/Quote
Fields while not as good as Burrow he is a significant upgrade over what they have had since Roethlisberger.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers get a crazy amount of timely sacks. On offense, they make just enough plays to win. Like they'll complete a pass and a guy will break tackles or fields will make a timely run.

They're probably a really capable QB away from a SB contender. Like IF you put Burrow on the Steelers, they'd be perennial SB contenders.

It seems like Tomlin will have another non-losing season.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
No way we lose tonight, if we lose its season over, I could care less mathematically if we still have a shot, losing to 2 of the worst teams in the NFL in the first three weeks? Season over...

Bigger question would be will the front office do anything as a result if this did happen?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: No way we lose tonight, if we lose its season over, I could care less mathematically if we still have a shot, losing to 2 of the worst teams in the NFL in the first three weeks? Season over...

Bigger question would be will the front office do anything as a result if this did happen?

Yeah, I feel like it's do or die tonight. While I expect a no-sweat win, anything can happen when two NFL teams play and the Bengals dug themselves a hole.
Reply/Quote