Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridiculous Fine
No not Ja'Marr losing $31,000 though I though the amount was excessive.

It was Yoshi getting fined for a bow and arrow celebration.  How many times has Joe done that with no fine

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 06:58 PM)pally Wrote: No not Ja'Marr losing $31,000 though I though the amount was excessive.

It was Yoshi getting fined for a bow and arrow celebration.  How many times has Joe done that with no fine

NFL protects the Chiefs and the crappy refs more than they protect QB's.

Refs have cost us 2 games out of 2 games in 2024. Yet, refs get no fines and zero accountability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
Doesn't Travis Kelce do the Bow and Arrow like every TD and big play?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
How many times have we seen sacks and this happens? This is so stupid, hopefully they appeal it.
Reply/Quote
clear nfl bias

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 08:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Doesn't Travis Kelce do the Bow and Arrow like every TD and big play?

Yes. He does.
Reply/Quote
No Fun League

Reply/Quote
Wow! That's just dumb.
Reply/Quote
Did he get the fine because Yoshi did it in a Chiefs game, whose fans would often dress up like American Indians? (The name Chief actually came from a Mayor of Kansas City, but fans for a long time adopted National American headgear, etc.) Otherwise, I don't know what the reasoning was. I've certainly seen the bow-and-arrow celebration a lot, and I never took it as a violent gesture. People don't really wage violence with bows and arrows much these days.
Reply/Quote
He could have been shooting animal and that's violence?

He was shooting up in the air, so killing birds is violence?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 01:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He could have been shooting animal and that's violence?

He was shooting up in the air, so killing birds is violence?

[Image: bird-law-charlie-day.gif]

Reply/Quote
Haha that’s crazy shit.
Reply/Quote
This is the standard fine for abusive language , hoping Chase learns from his actions, his conduct was over the top and was a drive stopper.
https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/accountability-fines-appeals/
Reply/Quote
I guess the NFL didn't like him mocking Taylor Swift's bf.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 05:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is the standard fine for abusive language , hoping Chase learns from his actions, his conduct was over the top and was a drive stopper.
https://operations.nfl.com/inside-football-ops/rules-enforcement/accountability-fines-appeals/

Chase has had atleast one dumb penalty before against the chiefs. I wonder if not only does the double teams they show him affect him but also there is probably some bad blood. While I think he had a point on the penalty it was hard to see live (also wondering if they only consider it a hip drop tackle if the defender is behind as Logan clearly did it later and it wasn't called). 

The only thing I don't like about it is the ref clearly was saying things back and forth with Chase. What exactly was said we don't know but I've heard stories of refs being rude to players. But overall yes his fined was earned and hopefully he learns his lesson.
Reply/Quote
How about fining every Kansas City fan for their violent tomahawk chop?  

PS, also racist, but that's another topic
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 09:26 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Chase has had atleast one dumb penalty before against the chiefs. I wonder if not only does the double teams they show him affect him but also there is probably some bad blood. While I think he had a point on the penalty it was hard to see live (also wondering if they only consider it a hip drop tackle if the defender is behind as Logan clearly did it later and it wasn't called). 

The only thing I don't like about it is the ref clearly was saying things back and forth with Chase. What exactly was said we don't know but I've heard stories of refs being rude to players. But overall yes his fined was earned and hopefully he learns his lesson.

The ref commented that it was not a penalty in answering Chase tirade, the comment by NFL tells it all, they mentioned they would not be comfortable with printing the language used, the ref gave him a couple warns till he finally threw the flag.. my main point was to show this is a standard fine for abusive language 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 10:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The ref commented that it was not a penalty in answering Chase tirade, the comment by NFL tells it all, they mentioned they would not be comfortable with printing the language used, the ref gave him a couple warns till he finally threw the flag.. my main point was to show this is a standard fine for abusive language 

I agree that the fine was warranted and Chase needs to control himself in that situation especially with Burrow coming to get him. I just question what the ref said back and I do not take the NFLs word on that they have proven they stand behind officials no matter what so they don't look bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2024, 08:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess the NFL didn't like him mocking Taylor Swift's bf.

Yep

The NFL isn't going to bite the hand that feeds them. The swifties have I'm quite sure lined the league with $$$$ in all kinds of ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2024, 08:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Doesn't Travis Kelce do the Bow and Arrow like every TD and big play?

Which is probably why he was fined.  Using a player on the opposing team 's signature celebration is basically taunting.
Reply/Quote