Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Referee bias for KC has to stop
Absolutely terrible missed call at the end of this Falcons/Chiefs game. The KC defender never turned around or made an attempt on the ball in the end zone. Dude straight up mugged Kyle Pitts.

[Image: 6kc5wbbjyhfa1.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
What in the actual **** is that play call

Reply/Quote
I’ll get the chiefs badge on my arse if they 3peat there’s no ***** chance.

They could easily be 0-3, refs bailing em out, shit play calls, the length of a shoe.

Set of jammy cheating bastards.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:11 AM)casear2727 Wrote:

God forbid they call a worse looking DPI on KC. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
KC gets every marginal call their way. Doesn’t matter whether it’s offense or defense.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:25 AM)cinci4life Wrote: God forbid they call a worse looking DPI on KC. 

Can't not let the Kansas City Swifties win, pathetic.
Reply/Quote
Kansas City Chiefs are the new New England Patriots.

If you want to beat them, you have to do it so convincingly that no single penalty (or, to be more accurate, no two to three penalties at any point in the game, but especially late in the game) could take that win away.

If the Bengals wanted to win that game, Joe Burrow needed to keep the drive moving despite Iosivas' drop. He can't take a sack on third down, even if he was blitzed. He can't fumble the ball.

You need to play perfect ball to win.

I know it seems unfair. That's because it is.

Get used to it. The refs are actively invested in the Chiefs winning. So you can't leave it up to them.

That's all there is to it.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely terrible missed call at the end of this Falcons/Chiefs game. The KC defender never turned around or made an attempt on the ball in the end zone. Dude straight up mugged Kyle Pitts.  

[Image: 6kc5wbbjyhfa1.jpg]

That was much more egregious than the call on Anthony. There is CLEAR bias for KC. Anyone saying there isn't doesn't watch their games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely terrible missed call at the end of this Falcons/Chiefs game. The KC defender never turned around or made an attempt on the ball in the end zone. Dude straight up mugged Kyle Pitts.  

I couldn't stay up until end because of work day, but I'm curious: Did the announcers point out that blown call, or did they continue to shill for the KC Swifties?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:46 AM)Nepa Wrote: I couldn't stay up until end because of work day, but I'm curious: Did the announcers point out that blown call, or did they continue to shill for the KC Swifties?

Even Collinsworth called it out as obvious ... in between his gushing statements about Mahomes' greatness. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:50 AM)jungle93 Wrote: Even Collinsworth called it out as obvious ... in between his gushing statements about Mahomes' greatness. 

Notably, ESPN also drew the contrast with the PI called for the Chiefs against the Bengals:

"After a disputed pass interference penalty on fourth-and-long set up their victory over Cincinnati the previous week, the Chiefs might have gotten away with one against the Falcons.

On third-and-goal from the Kansas City 6, Cousins looked toward Pitts in the back of the end zone. With his back to the quarterback, safety Bryan Cook appeared to collide with Pitts just before the ball arrived.

But the officials did not throw a flag, and Cousins' fourth-down pass also fell incomplete."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/401671793
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Absolutely terrible missed call at the end of this Falcons/Chiefs game. 

Was it missed if it was intentional?  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:50 AM)jungle93 Wrote: Even Collinsworth called it out as obvious ... in between his gushing statements about Mahomes' greatness. 

Networks and analysts will continue favoring the players/teams they consider to be great.
It used to be NE, PIT, BAL.
Now it's KC and SF.

Bengals need to get back to the Super Bowl and win it for them to start getting calls to more often go their way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Burrow would have stayed healthy every year if we'd be the darlings of the NFL? Being one of the most decorated college QB's coming out he had all the makings to be the next NFL darling but I fear getting hurt every other year has spoiled that opportunity.
Reply/Quote
It's going to continue until the other owners start making a stink about it.
Reply/Quote
Clearly DPI
Reply/Quote
The line was Chiefs -3.  Chiefs won by 5.  For the record, I don't bet.  But, these calls create gambling outcomes also.
Reply/Quote
I get it refs are human, but then again, wth is the review play and video technology for then? This could have easily been corrected.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:55 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I get it refs are human, but then again, wth is the review play and video technology for then? This could have easily been corrected.

I think having the review ref call for a review on uncalled, obvious penalties is a simple enough fix (assuming they're willing to actually make a call that goes against KC)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote