Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least there's ample reason to fire Zac Taylor
(7 hours ago)casear2727 Wrote: Or the linebackers.

Or the defensive backs.

We could fire Lou but are the players just not good enough?  Belichik couldnt coach this defense. 

The DL is not good enough to judge the back seven. Thr DBs and LBs were not perfect by any means bad tackling actually but the DL is definitely in thr conversation for worst in the NFL and Defense is supposed to be lopsided talent wise in the trenches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)BengalsBong Wrote: I bet Zim could turn this chicken shit into chicken salad in a few weeks.

The Cowboys defense looked terrible yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)BengalsBong Wrote: I bet Zim could turn this chicken shit into chicken salad in a few weeks.

I think we would have some of these soft asses on defense quit football if Zimmer came here to coach them.  

It is embarrassing to have this defense, especially in the AFCN, what a bunch of pussbuckets.

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Synric Wrote: The DL is not good enough to judge the back seven. Thr DBs and LBs were not perfect by any means bad tackling actually but the DL is definitely in thr conversation for worst in the NFL and Defense is supposed to be lopsided talent wise in the trenches.

Dline was bad with Hill and Rankins, I agree, but I can judge the shit out of them.

Pratt was horrendous with pass coverage along with his contain and angles all night.

Geno had deep half and was behind both CTB and the WR with no underneath receiver!  WTF?

CTB burnt again.  Dax burnt.  

Stone and Hill are BY FAR the slowest safety tandem in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Synric Wrote: Zac doesn't build the defensive line.

But he is supposed to make sure the X's and O's are right and he isnt and NEVER has. While I do believe hes better than average hes not a good coach and our best moments with him were always when the players just made insane plays.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Battle is probably the best safety on the team and they won’t play him.

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Housh Wrote: But he is supposed to make sure the X's and O's are right and he isnt and NEVER has. While I do believe hes better than average hes not a good coach and our best moments with him were always when the players just made insane plays.

With this said our D line is so trash i dont think it matters what we call....D line cant get pressure and they cant stop the run
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zac hired that guy and has never fired him.

If you are going to be that immediately personal Truck, consider heading off for the night dude. 

Guy is clearly just being inflammatory with the same tired talking points.

No way in Hell Zac is responsible for this loss, no way in Hell.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
ATP not playing Burton and Battle is point shaving....Bell and Battle would do just fine
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Housh Wrote: But he is supposed to make sure the X's and O's are right and he isnt and NEVER has. While I do believe hes better than average hes not a good coach and our best moments with him were always when the players just made insane plays.

Players have to win. The Bengals DL from the start of the year has been the worst in the NFL.

I cannot stress enough how bad this DL has been even wirh Rankins and Hill.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Synric Wrote: No. Zac isn't scouting and drafting Defensive Linemen.

I have had issues in regards to Taylor's  silliness w his approach @ the run game on offense, but you are 100 percent correct in what you are implying.   The Defensive line situation is so crippling that it's nearly impossible to stop an NFL offense with it.  It influences the play of the rest of the defense in so many areas.  Our defense's foundation had typically been DJ Reader.  He was sorely missed whenever he was out.   And now without him, we have been decimated at that very position.   It seems like an exercise in futility at times with the current personnel out there.   You pretty much have to pray for a turnover of some kind.   I consider it (interior DL) the most important position on a team after the quarterback.  
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Dr.Z Wrote: I have had issues in regards to Taylor's  silliness w his approach @ the run game on offense, but you are 100 percent correct in what you are implying.   The Defensive line situation is so crippling that it's nearly impossible to stop an NFL offense with it.  It influences the play of the rest of the defense in so many areas.  Our defense's foundation had typically been DJ Reader.  He was sorely missed whenever he was out.   And now without him, we have been decimated at that very position.   It seems like an exercise in futility at times with the current personnel out there.   You pretty much have to pray for a turnover of some kind.   I consider it (interior DL) the most important position on a team after the quarterback.  

DJ Reader did a lot of heavy lifting for this defensive line. A lot of times he was a 1 man show. Now he's gone. It's actually super simple

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)casear2727 Wrote: Or the linebackers.

Or the defensive backs.

We could fire Lou but are the players just not good enough?  Belichik couldnt coach this defense. 

Or the Safety's

Or the Defensive linemen

Since our SB year, we have been losing our defense mainly due to free agency with the exception of Apple.

Larry Ogunjobi
D.J. Reader
Eli Apple
Chidobe Awuzie
Jessie Bates III
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: DJ Reader did a lot of heavy lifting for this defensive line. A lot of times he was a 1 man show. Now he's gone. It's actually super simple

I know that's false because DJ Reader couldn't lift anything heavy without getting hurt.   Ninja

He was really good when he was on the field, but he was barely ever on the field. 
24.43%
52.49%
38.32%
48.77%

That's the snaps he played on our defense while he was here. That's an average of 41%. That's closer to 1/3 than 1/2. He went on the IR in 3 out of 4 seasons here. This defense sucks, but we shouldn't be rewriting history. 

He played his 2nd most snaps as a Bengal last year and we had the 26th overall/30th YPC rushing defense. DJ Reader not being here isn't why this defense sucks.

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote
They miss Reader but this defensive rankings under Lou included him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No whole game yet, this was a bad defense game but last week was a bad offense game
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Essex Johnson Wrote: No whole game yet, this was a bad defense game but last week was a bad offense game

What about the week before? And the week before that? And the week before that? And the week before that?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guy is clearly just being inflammatory with the same tired talking points.

No way in Hell Zac is responsible for this loss, no way in Hell.

The head coach is responsible for the whole team, not just the offense because he's a "offensive minded coach". The offense didn't look bad, but I legit stopped watching the game when we didn't go for it on 4th down right before half. I knew that the defense wasn't stopping anything that night and it was going to be a shootout. Yeah, Lou and a lot of the defensive players are to blame, but the buck stops with Zac. I can't remember the last time I've seen such a pitiful performance from a defense. If my slow ass was the RB for the commanders I could have got at 3-4 yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)rfaulk34 Wrote: What about the week before? And the week before that? And the week before that? And the week before that?

Some offense, some defense, a combination of both. Sprinkle in some special teams, most games have responsibility to go around. ( Salome will throw in the refs ). Think this is a case of the defense being responsible for this loss. Was some play calls and decisions I didn’t like, just like most games, but I’d say none lost this game. Defense should donate their game checks.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote