Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou anarumo
When was the last time we drafted a good DT? Andrew Billings maybe? Duke doesn't know how to draft DTs and IOL. Those two positions have cost us titles the past 4 seasons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(Today, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: When was the last time we drafted a good DT? Andrew Billings maybe? Duke doesn't know how to draft DTs and IOL. Those two positions have cost us titles the past 4 seasons.

this team has no heart left. it's always an excuse. the heart is lost. the window closed way too fast. we can keep fooling ourselves. this won't be a playoff team this year.
Reply/Quote
(Today, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: When was the last time we drafted a good DT? Andrew Billings maybe? Duke doesn't know how to draft DTs and IOL. Those two positions have cost us titles the past 4 seasons.

Christian Barrymore and Creed Humphrey both on the board when we took Carman, too. But hey, at least we turned those extra picks (Mike’s favorite!) into Tyler Shelvin and D’Ante Smith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)WildCat Wrote: this team has no heart left. it's always an excuse. the heart is lost. the window closed way too fast. we can keep fooling ourselves. this won't be a playoff team this year.
K
(10 hours ago)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Christian Barrymore and Creed Humphrey both on the board when we took Carman, too. But hey, at least we turned those extra picks (Mike’s favorite!) into Tyler Shelvin and D’Ante Smith.

The extra picks really don't bother me; I mean we still could have drafted Humphrey at 46 and 1 of Milton Williams(Pretty good run stuffer at 3T),  Osa Odighizuwa(4th in pass rush win rate at DT last season),  or Alim Mcneill(I believe top 10 last season according to PFF)at 69.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Now does everyone understand why Lou didn’t get a HC job? He is and has been terrible. His defenses are as exciting as our Andy Dalton offense under Marvin Lewis!
Reply/Quote
Anyone:
Name who you think are the three best players on defense? Think the talent is ALSO suspect on defense.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It's amazing how many think Lou should be able to stop the run with no defensive tackles to speak of.
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: It's amazing how many think Lou should be able to stop the run with no defensive tackles to speak of.

Well, this is true. But even with healthy DTs last year, they couldn’t stop the run. Would you realize the commanders only averaged 3.4 yards per carry last night?

The inexplicable part was not being able to generate a pass rush AND refusing to make JD’s life hard. We rarely brought extra pressure all night and JD felt extremely comfortable, to the point of almost perfection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Defense ain't working, no excuse.
#FIRELOU
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Bengalbug Wrote: Well, this is true.  But even with healthy DTs last year, they couldn’t stop the run.  Would you realize the commanders only averaged 3.4 yards per carry last night?

The inexplicable part was not being able to generate a pass rush AND refusing to make JD’s life hard.  We rarely brought extra pressure all night and JD felt extremely comfortable, to the point of almost perfection.

Yeah i thought with the eye test well stopped the runs up the middle reasonably well. Maybe the defense was so focused on shoring that up everything else fell apart. 
The very thing that killed some of our offensive drives throwing at the line of scrimmage we let absolutely kill us. I mean we let 2 throws at the line turn a 2nd and 21 into a 4th and 4. Not to put it all on Dax but he is trash at tackling. Need someone to put they're foot in the dirt and attack downhill.
Reply/Quote
There's no fixing this defense...we lose in charlotte sunday and it's hard telling exactly how far this team falls.
Reply/Quote
Chidobe Awuzie also a huge part of that superbowl D lockdown CB. We knew we had to win on offense this season with a defense that could rush the Qb and better play on the back end and be middle of the pack. I'm not expecting backup DT's to play good but guys like Britt-Taylor, Stone, Hubbard and Dax Hill need to play better and missed tackles can't happen. Even when Rankins was healthy he was doing nothing as a pass rusher. Only hope beat the Panthers, Score 30 on offense every week and hope Murphy, Rankins , Hill, Jackson come back week 5 with Jenkins improving and the D just being bad not a train wreck lol.
Reply/Quote
The truth is that we won't win many games playing defense this way,maybe we need to consider moving on from lou,two things for certain one thing for sure we have to do something different because what we've been doing the last 2 years isn't working defensively..
Reply/Quote
lou anarumo has to change his philosophy of emphasizing coverage over pressure especially against mobile qbs like Daniels..sad part you would've thought we'd fair better than that considering the fact that we play against lamar Jackson twice a year..

you would think that we would be drawing up pressure packages and getting more speed on the field against such qbs..whatever the case may be this was down right embarrassing;don't know how you recover from something like this..
Reply/Quote
I think it's time for a change across the board.. you can start with Lou but there are a lot of issues with this coaching staff.
[Image: 274466608_10158743148308176_802682179485...e=66EA8437]
Reply/Quote
(Today, 01:01 AM)Housh Wrote: His sceme 100% depended on Reader and Bates...

If you wouldve asked me in 2021 what 2 players were most important  on D id a said Reader and Bates....

We let them walk to sign Chase and yet we are still acting like money is an issue.

We got all this hype about our new Paycor rights and MB is ***** us.

Is it a scheme if you need an all-world DT and a pro bowl safety for it to work?
Reply/Quote
(Today, 01:11 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: They should've signed bates long term and replaced bell with a draft pick..I hate to say this but we are getting nothing from Zac Carter and Sam Hubbard,I'd rather see Cedric Johnson, ossia and Kris Jenkins getting those snaps..

Ossai isn't good and hasn't been for a couple years. Sadly. He started with a lot of potential.
Reply/Quote
(Today, 01:26 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Imagine a world where we paid Bates, brought back Larry O in 22 paid Reader and traded up a place for Karlaftis.

Instead we got a safety who wasn’t good enough who we turned in to a corner who isn’t good enough.

A bloke who just got off the couch.

Zac Carter who’s as much use as a condom at a fertility clinic and an aging Sam Hubbard.

I’m not even surprised about the ineptness of our front office.

Those moves would have been great, but they would have probably had to get rid of players at other positions. I don't know who.

Likely Pratt, maybe Wilson, Hubbard, Hendrickson. Or they don't sign Orlando Brown.

The bottom line is that with the salary structures in the NFL, you HAVE to draft well each year. And we don't. Now that we pay Burrow highly and will pay Chase highly, it makes that even more of a premium.
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: It's amazing how many think Lou should be able to stop the run with no defensive tackles to speak of.

That is true, many are injured, but they gave up the most rushing yards this season with healthy starters on opening day.

Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)QueenCity Wrote: I think it's time for a change across the board.. you can start with Lou but there are a lot of issues with this coaching staff.

Start with the personnel department.  1 for 17 on defensive draft picks since 2021.  

Find talent would be second.

Even with these two being fixed, Lou needs to be addressed.

Reply/Quote