Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least there's ample reason to fire Zac Taylor
This isn't a playoff worthy team IMO.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah. but he may want to go into preservation mode and fire Lou. A game like that should get a DC fired

yes but theyll keep making excuses...dline injuries to rankins, hill like those two are the saving graces of this defense. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxQq9rhlAxY1RWWzLNJAT...0pcgj3sQ&s]
Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Bengals offense scored on every possession except for a missed short FG.

Lou needs to be addressed.

This. The offense has looked pretty good the last two weeks....Lou hasn't been able to stop a nose bleed. Zac hired him, and he's retained him thus far, so that's on him. He needs to get this addressed and under control. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:40 AM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Well the decision to get rid one of your vocal leaders in Joe Mixon to save a million dollars is roster malpractice.

For that alone,  I would fire the GM

Mixon sucks though.....

Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:43 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Dline was bad with Hill and Rankins, I agree, but I can judge the shit out of them.

Pratt was horrendous with pass coverage along with his contain and angles all night.

Geno had deep half and was behind both CTB and the WR with no underneath receiver!  WTF?

CTB burnt again.  Dax burnt.  

Stone and Hill are BY FAR the slowest safety tandem in the NFL.

CTB needs to shut his mouth with all of the bulletin board material every week and just play football. Cover someone Cam....let the play talk.

Reply/Quote
The defense under Lou

2023 31
2022 16
2021 18
2020 26
2019 29

How does any defensive coach keep their job with those rankings?

The Bengals are in the same position as the Reds, it’s time to make some decisions on coaches. It’s not working.
Reply/Quote
There has to be better players out there, who didn’t make an NFL roster, then what we have here. Go find them, flipping burgers, parking cars, etc.
Reply/Quote
It can’t be ignored how horrible the FO has drafted and conducted FA since the insane class of Awuzie, Reader, Hilton and Karras/Cappa.

That class everyone we signed produced

How we thought we were going to let Bates and Reader walk and still have a good team because we replaced them with rookies is beyond me

This is an all time front office fumble imo and all we had to do was pay players who were good.

Mike Brown ruined this ***** team with his stingy ass practices and now we aren’t about to have Chase thinking twice about signing when he should’ve been locked up in the offseason

We are about to learn the other reason why you gives guys an early
Extension.

Cause now does Chase even wanna sign?

His coach can’t scheme him open for Jack shit and Burrow seems to have a mental block against 2 high safeties.

No run game so every team doubles him every play.

He could go to the Ravens and get 2500 yards and 20 TDs

We’ve been pass first for 4 damn years and yet we still haven’t developed a run game or consistent o line play
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:16 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Really don't know how there can be a single comment on the offense when they scored 33 despite a missed FG.

The defense has Hendrickson and that is it. The Commanders score TDs on every drive but one which still ended in points....the Commanders. The D line just very well might be the worst in the league. Zero pressure and also can't stop the run. I can't remember the last time I've seen pressure up the middle from a DT, they are non existent.

I think the reason people myself included atleast mention the offense is because everything you just said about the Bengals defense applies to the commanders defense. They're offense just scored more touchdowns then ours did. Now are we giving credit to Washington's defense for that or pointing to some failings of the offensive playcalling?
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Housh Wrote: It can’t be ignored how horrible the FO has drafted and conducted FA since the insane class of Awuzie, Reader, Hilton and Karras/Cappa.

That class everyone we signed produced

How we thought we were going to let Bates and Reader walk and still have a good team because we replaced them with rookies is beyond me

This is an all time front office fumble imo and all we had to do was pay players who were good.

Mike Brown ruined this ***** team with his stingy ass practices and now we aren’t about to have Chase thinking twice about signing when he should’ve been locked up in the offseason

We are about to learn the other reason why you gives guys an early
Extension.

Cause now does Chase even wanna sign?

His coach can’t scheme him open for Jack shit and Burrow seems to have a mental block against 2 high safeties.

No run game so every team doubles him every play.

He could go to the Ravens and get 2500 yards and 20 TDs

We’ve been pass first for 4 damn years and yet we still haven’t developed a run game or consistent o line play

Every QB has a mental block on two high safeties. Passing TDs have decreased with the increase of two high safety play.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Timanky12 Wrote: The defense under Lou

2023  31
2022  16
2021  18
2020  26
2019  29

The Bengals are in the same position as the Reds, it’s time to make some decisions on coaches. It’s not working.
I can't believe I am saying this, for once I agree with you.  Sick
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: Mixon sucks though.....

And he's also out with an ankle sprain.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think the reason people myself included atleast mention the offense is because everything you just said about the Bengals defense applies to the commanders defense. They're offense just scored more touchdowns then ours did. Now are we giving credit to Washington's defense for that or pointing to some failings of the offensive playcalling?

I am not sure what you mean by all this. With a halfway decent defense, 33 points will win you many games in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Timanky12 Wrote: The defense under Lou

2023  31
2022  16
2021  18
2020  26
2019  29

So this is a serious question then. For those that live and die on PFF ratings (they make no sense to me normally because they often don't match what my eyes see) how is he ranked 5th?
Ranking the NFL’s top 10 defensive coordinators entering 2024 (pff.com)
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Every QB has a mental block on two high safeties. Passing TDs have decreased with the increase of two high safety play.

The 2 safeties high isn't some new thing. You punish them for doing it in other ways until they have to move the safeties down.

The issue is, we don't run the ball much...until it makes no sense to run the ball...ie 2 minute drill.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: So this is a serious question then. For those that live and die on PFF ratings (they make no sense to me normally because they often don't match what my eyes see) how is he ranked 5th?
Ranking the NFL’s top 10 defensive coordinators entering 2024 (pff.com)

Maybe there ranking from the bottom up, lol
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 2 safeties high isn't some new thing. You punish them for doing it in other ways until they have to move the safeties down.

The issue is, we don't run the ball much...until it makes no sense to run the ball...ie 2 minute drill.

Or 2nd and goal from the 15-yard line.
Reply/Quote
ZT is going no where. He took us to a Super Bowl. Marc. Old not win a playoff game and stayed until he chose to leave. Lou is another story. But don’t set it happening. Hope is wrong. Commanders had all day to throw we know got pressure on nd of the 4th.
We make backup and rookie QB look like hof QB.
Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 'cause Zack gave up 38 points and blitzed 7 times all game with a rookie that struggled against the blitz, right?

Shut up

Taylor choose to hire lou.

Taylor has insisted on keeping Lou.

As a leader, everything is your fault; even things that are outside of your scope, because you have complete control of who you delegate those responsibilities to. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)sandwedge Wrote: I am not sure what you mean by all this. With a halfway decent defense, 33 points will win you many games in the NFL.

Everybody's take is "the defense was trash & the offense was great". Which i think is true but my point is only that the playcalling hurt us in spots. If we don't waste back to back plays on throws at the line of scrimmage and end up 3rd and 11 and then miss a 48yd field goal and instead attack the major weakness of the defense maybe we score 7 and it's a different game. Not saying the defense wasn't by far the biggest issue but the offensive playcalling played a factor in this game.
Reply/Quote