Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 9-12 since "Burrowhead" smacktalk
(7 hours ago)THE PISTONS Wrote: Funny how people do that. Add the missed FG and 2 pt conversion penalty and it's a tie game last night.

You can woulda coulda shoulda it all day.

My point being the D is extremely bad.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Timanky12 Wrote: We had KC at 4th and 16 and couldn’t stop them.  We had Washington at 3rd and long and could stop them. We had Indianapolis where we wanted them. They had to run the ball to run out the clock, we couldn’t stop them.

Neither our offense or defense could close out the game last week. So, to the OP who seemingly blamed the defense over the offense last week, the argument is completely illogical. If you're blaming the defense for not closing the game out, how can you not blame the offense for also not closing it out? That's lunacy. 

So if both units failed to close out the game, one unit held the best QB of all-time to 286 yards, 20 points, and 3 turnovers. To pretend that isn't a better performance than the offense (who performed totally fine), is crazy talk and blindly ignoring what you saw with your eyes. 

How can anyone say the offense out performed the defense when the offense literally gave up points? Our defense forces 3 turnovers. Our offense gives up 6 points. It's not even close which unit performed better. 
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Last week? We gave them a defensive touchdown. Had a couple of drives late that would've ended the game if we put points on the board. Maybe ppl are giving the Chiefs too much credit but the defense did enough last week. Yes the offense looked good this week going against an atrocious defense. So let's look at the whole picture and not just what you want to see.

Burrow was better than he was in week 1, he lost that game, but still not 100% vs KC and that was against a very good defense.  Last night he was his old self.

If we are to win games the defense must get stops when needed.  The defense is 0-3 in getting 4th Qtr stops.

The offense is on a major upward trajectory over the first 3 games.  The defense was bad, not too bad, and terrible. 

Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)casear2727 Wrote: Burrow was better than he was in week 1, he lost that game, but still not 100% vs KC and that was against a very good defense.  Last night he was his old self.

If we are to win games the defense must get stops when needed.  The defense is 0-3 in getting 4th Qtr stops.

The offense is on a major upward trajectory over the first 3 games.  The defense was bad, not too bad, and terrible. 

I agree with this. I do think Washington is a tough team to get off the field. They get positive plays and a QB who will run for 1st downs. We definitely made them look better but they might be the best offense we've played so far.
Reply/Quote
What you're really saying is other teams are motivated to beat us, and we have no motivation to win. That's what it looks like to me, Zac is motivating nobody.

If you have a 55 million QB trying to motivate a 1 million player, think that won't go well either. There is a problem in the locker room I think. Money creates problemos.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)NotBigzo Wrote: The offense had two opportunities to ice the game and failed.  You can't tell me with a straight face that a defense that goes in Burrowhead and forces Mahones to three turnovers didn't play well enough to win. 

If the offense were more competent in critical moments, we win that game. 

Offense had it's gaffs.   But defense lost the game.  The Commanders did whatever they wanted the entire game.  They chewed up almost 8 minutes on their last scoring drive that left us no time to come back.  They did not have to punt the entire game.   If McPherson makes his FG it's a one point game despite our total inability to stop them.
Offense was not the problem.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote