Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubbard playing with a bad hamstring
We knew during training camp Hubbard was injured. It turns out that the injury was a grade 3 hamstring which is a severe tear. He's not going to get better if everyone else on the line is out so he has to play the entire game.

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Lou is reading the board!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Its Cedric time...
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:33 AM)jj22 Wrote: Lou is reading the board!

LMAO!!!! 

Well this explains some things.... concerning the OP.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Then he shouldn't be playing right now if he is not healthy!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I just saw a stat from Seth Walder that Trey Hendrickson is basically the most double teamed player in the league, but also still winning at the highest rate...essentially he is THE elite rusher in the league so far. Sam Hubbard on the other hand is tied for 2nd worst pass rush win rate in the entire league. It's a disservice to the team to keep running him out there. Literally anyone else they could possibly put out there would be better than Sam at this moment.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just saw a stat from Seth Walder that Trey Hendrickson is basically the most double teamed player in the league, but also still winning at the highest rate...essentially he is THE elite rusher in the league so far. Sam Hubbard on the other hand is tied for 2nd worst pass rush win rate in the entire league. It's a disservice to the team to keep running him out there. Literally anyone else they could possibly put out there would be better than Sam at this moment.

I don't know about that Ossai and KJ Henry were pretty bad lol. They need ro survive 1 more week until Myles Murphy is back because he (and Jenkins) are the immediate future of the DL right now. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This would be entirely fixable if we had a proactive front office willing to trade draft capital for a DT and DE a 2 and 4 should get this done not every team in the NFL right now is in win now mode like we are but we will sit on butts like usual while we have a wasted season.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This would be entirely fixable if we had a proactive front office willing to trade draft capital for a DT and DE a 2 and 4 should get this done not every team in the NFL right now is in win now mode like we are but we will sit on butts like usual while we have a wasted season.

Very rare you see trades this early in the season, tell me who made a trade of any importance this week ?, we need to weather this week with Carolina and could have three players back on our Dline for the Ravens and actually Guy did not play bad in the snaps he got in and evaluate in 3 weeks if we need to think of trading, maybe we could send Higgins somewhere for a Dline player
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Very rare you see trades this early in the season, tell me who made a trade of any importance this week ?, we need to weather this week with Carolina and could have three players back on our Dline for the Ravens and actually Guy did not play bad in the snaps he got in and evaluate in 3 weeks if we need to think of trading, maybe we could send Higgins somewhere for a Dline player

Correct. For the most part, every team thinks they are in it still and don't want to trade away difference makers at this point as it will turn off the fans. The other issue with the idea that you go throw a mid to early pick at the problem...you are 0-3 with a 2.4% likely hood of making the playoffs and at best that pick is probably bring you a one year rental. You also just invested a large amount of draft capital on two rookies, so throwing more capital at it wouldn't make a ton of sense.

This is simply an issue that was allowed to occur during the offseason and we pay for it now. Throwing good money after bad doesn't make sense at this point. I have the biggest issue with Sheldon Rankings being the plan all along. He was never a viable nose tackle option and we should have invested some of the money we spent in other places there. It didn't even need to be Reader but it needed to be some one who could give meaningful early down snaps at NT. We now have one of the highest paid DT tandems in the league (dead serious) and they are frankly not good. 

The sad thing is the O line has been good enough after many years and now we don't have any pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:52 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't know about that Ossai and KJ Henry were pretty bad lol. They need ro survive 1 more week until Myles Murphy is back because he (and Jenkins) are the immediate future of the DL right now. 

I think that's why Hubbard is still being played as much as he is and less in a rotation: once Murphy is back, I see him taking over and Hubbard being a rotational piece.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: I just saw a stat from Seth Walder that Trey Hendrickson is basically the most double teamed player in the league, but also still winning at the highest rate...essentially he is THE elite rusher in the league so far. Sam Hubbard on the other hand is tied for 2nd worst pass rush win rate in the entire league. It's a disservice to the team to keep running him out there. Literally anyone else they could possibly put out there would be better than Sam at this moment.

This injury to Sam does give a bit of excuse for his play but you could be right if Cedric Johnson steps up and is healthier he should be 
playing until Murphy gets back. There is no excuse for playing hurt players that in no way can be better than a player who is not hurt bad.

This is on Lou, just like last year when he was playing Sam and Logan when they were hurt.

Like Synric said, Ossai and KJ Henry have been just as bad as Sam hurt which is sad to say.
Reply/Quote
The fact that Hubbard is playing with a bad hammy shows the true warrior he is.  It also helps explain a LOT as he's fallen off a cliff from the last couple of seasons.  What is MOST concerning is our coaching staff feels a one-legged Hubbard is better than anyone else we have.....  Talk about NO DEPTH!!!!   I know Murphy is on IR, and our DTs are down, but there's NO ONE ELSE with two healthy legs that might make some sense????
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)TigerStripes Wrote: The fact that Hubbard is playing with a bad hammy shows the true warrior he is.  It also helps explain a LOT as he's fallen off a cliff from the last couple of seasons.  What is MOST concerning is our coaching staff feels a one-legged Hubbard is better than anyone else we have.....  Talk about NO DEPTH!!!!   I know Murphy is on IR, and our DTs are down, but there's NO ONE ELSE with two healthy legs that might make some sense????

Makes me wonder how truly bad Domenique Davis is..... I had high hopes he would turn into something.
Reply/Quote

https://x.com/SethWalder/status/1839298714269266041?t=yIj_j1ZVGs9CtjrU9uScPg&s=19
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is another issue with having no depth

You have no one you trust when starters are hurt so you run your starters into the ground
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Housh Wrote: This is another issue with having no depth

You have no one you trust when starters are hurt so you run your starters into the ground

Is this a joke. How deep do you expect our DL to be each year?

We lost DE's Sample and Murphy.
We lost DT's Hill, Rankins and our 2 rookies, Jenkins just came back and lost a lot of valuable time to gain experience.

We literally lost 6 DL in first 2 weeks including our 3rd DE Murphy and 2 starting DT's.

What team can overcome that?

You seem to be stuck in a bad place and refuse to look at facts. No one is happy we are 0-3, but trashing players is your MO and or attacking the FO.

At this point, we need to figure out a way to beat Carolina on the road and hope each day guys hurt are ready sooner than later. Hopefully we can get Hill, Rankins and Murphy back by week #5 against the Ravens at home.

One game at a time, hopefully 1 win at a time. A healthy Bengals team is more than capable of going 8-2 over next 10 games. If so, we are 10-5 with 2 games to go.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
Didn't Burrow have a grade 1 hamstring injury and he couldnt even leave the pocket?

What are we even doing here, why is Hubbard even playing?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Im not sure Im buying the Hubbard is playing with a tore hamstring excuse.  Sounds like an excuse to justify his poor play.   Even if true, he isnt helping the team being out there and he is not going to get better by playing every week.  Put him on the IR and get someone else in there at DE.  There has to be a DE on another teams practice squad we could poach that would be serviceable.  Hubbard has a 46.1 PFF grade.  Are you telling me we cant find a guy somewhere that couldnt do at least as good as 46.1?  Raymond Johnson III was cut.  Why not bring him back and see what he can do? He is a little light so Im not sure how effective he would be over the long term but the Bengals front office needs to do something.  We cant keep putting Hubbard out there week after week and think he is somehow going to do better than he is currently doing.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was mandatory to report injury with players? Why all of a sudden has he been dealing with this?
Reply/Quote