Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We just need to stay afloat until we get our IR back
Right now it doesn't matter if it looks pretty. We are down the following players either to IR or to injury but not IR yet:

Sample - Season ending IR
Jackson - IR
Murphy - IR
Rankins - OUT (Hammy)
Hill - Doubtful (Hammy)
Hubbard - Playing on injured Hammy

Just getting back Murphy and Jackson is a big improvement. Hopefully we also get Hill and possibly Rankins too - so far we have yet to see the intended DL group.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: bailing-water.gif]

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
(09-27-2024, 03:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: bailing-water.gif]

Time to start thinking about draft position man.  She's taking on water, Lmao.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
the bengals are not the most physical team..but they are like a well oiled machine..when they are good ..they are really good..its been real quiet this week..maybe we will get rolling this week
Staying afloat is actually easier than some would lead you to believe.  

[Image: gallery-1454442123-jack-and-rose-titanic...he-sea.jpg]
(09-27-2024, 02:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Right now it doesn't matter if it looks pretty. We are down the following players either to IR or to injury but not IR yet:

Jackson - IR
Murphy - IR
Rankins - OUT (Hammy)
Hill - Doubtful (Hammy)

Just getting back Murphy and Jackson is a big improvement.
Hopefully we also get Hill and possibly Rankins too - so far we have yet to see the intended DL group.

Murphy I agree with.
Jackson I liked as a NT prospect in the draft, but no one's really seen much of him given he got injured on Aug 5 and has been out since.
He had all of like a week of training camp and I don't remember any buzz about his performance during that week.

I think it's too early to call Jackson's return a big improvement, but it is important for his own development and just more bodies for rotation in general. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(09-27-2024, 04:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Staying afloat is actually easier than some would lead you to believe.  

[Image: gallery-1454442123-jack-and-rose-titanic...he-sea.jpg]
Man, she coulda scooted over and gave ol boy some room instead of sleeping
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-27-2024, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, she coulda scooted over and gave ol boy some room instead of sleeping

Yeah, Mythbusters proved it was possible for them to stay mostly afloat once they stabilized and just lay flat.  They went an extra step and attached the life preservers to the underside of the door and it was really buoyant.  Jack should have put on his thinking cap.  
(09-27-2024, 05:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Murphy I agree with.
Jackson I liked as a NT prospect in the draft, but no one's really seen much of him given he got injured on Aug 5 and has been out since.
He had all of like a week of training camp and I don't remember any buzz about his performance during that week.

I think it's too early to call Jackson's return a big improvement, but it is important for his own development and just more bodies for rotation in general. 

The thing is we know how he scouted and he projects as a starting NT or 2i in the NFL. That by itself fills a gap. Jenkins is looking good so far so we approach having the DT room we expected to have (Hill, Rankins, Jenkins, Jackson). And yes with Murphy back to pair with Johnson Hubbard can have a reduced snap count to help get him healed, and even sometimes kick him or Murphy inside too. 
(09-27-2024, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, she coulda scooted over and gave ol boy some room instead of sleeping

she was tired, they had been through a lot
(09-27-2024, 02:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Right now it doesn't matter if it looks pretty. We are down the following players either to IR or to injury but not IR yet:

Jackson - IR
Murphy - IR
Rankins - OUT (Hammy)
Hill - Doubtful (Hammy)

Just getting back Murphy and Jackson is a big improvement. Hopefully we also get Hill and possibly Rankins too - so far we have yet to see the intended DL group.

You’re telling me the fate of the team lies in Sample, Murphy, rankins, hill?

Not burrow, chase, Higgins, Brown, Hendrickson? Yeah all we need to turn the season around is a bunch of below average to average players to get healthy again.

This defense is flawed and it’s not fixable this season, and I don’t think they will fix it in the off-season.
(Yesterday, 05:29 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: You’re telling me the fate of the team lies in Sample, Murphy, rankins, hill?

Not burrow, chase, Higgins, Brown, Hendrickson? Yeah all we need to turn the season around is a bunch of below average to average players to get healthy again.

This defense is flawed and it’s not fixable this season, and I don’t think they will fix it in the off-season.

The Bengals best players - Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Hendrickson - are the key to this teams success and everyone knows that. They are so depleted at DL that just getting a few average guys healthy could make a big difference
He’s not saying they are the most important players on the team - he’s saying that just getting the D line up to an average NFL level will (hopefully) improve the over all defense.

Jackson - IR
Murphy - IR
Rankins - OUT (Hammy)
Hill - Doubtful (Hammy)

Basically, we're playing for the season at Carolina. We won't come back from 0-4.

A lot of the injured guys are ok, but not great. The DTs out hurts most.
(Yesterday, 06:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The Bengals best players - Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Hendrickson - are the key to this teams success and everyone knows that.  They are so depleted at DL that just getting a few average guys healthy could make a big difference
He’s not saying they are the most important players on the team -  he’s saying that just getting the D line up to an average NFL level will (hopefully) improve the over all defense.

Exactly. The DL issues are at least partially due to all the players on IR. 
(Yesterday, 07:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. The DL issues are at least partially due to all the players on IR. 

this DL was not a juggernaut  pre injuries........something is amiss with our team..hopefully we see it all come togther on Sunday 
(Yesterday, 07:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. The DL issues are at least partially due to all the players on IR. 

Ehhh, I would go with only very partially. Last year on defense we were...
31st overall
21st scoring
28th passing/32nd passing ypa
26th rushing/30th rushing ypc

That was with a very minimal amount of injuries. I just think this defense/defensive scheme/defensive coordinator just isn't very good. Instead of throwing Battle and the young secondary under the bus like last year, we just found injuries as the excuse for this year.

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Bengals need to stop assuming that they are supposed to win the games they are supposed to win.

Every NFL team is trying to win games, Bengals need to stop assuming we win this one and that one and get back to .500.

They should be 2-1 or even 3-0 at this point. But it seems they go into every game thinking, well that’s a win.

It’s time to put up or shut up. The season is on the line, start playing like it, and don’t hold back any plays.
(09-27-2024, 03:13 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Time to start thinking about draft position man.  She's taking on water, Lmao.

Quitters....
(Yesterday, 08:07 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: this DL was not a juggernaut  pre injuries........something is amiss with our team..hopefully we see it all come togther on Sunday 

We actually don't know - we haven't seen it without injuries yet. But the draftees and Rankins looked good when we saw them in preseason. And last week when we got Jenkins back our run defense improved pretty dramatically - they gave up 108 for 3.4 YPC on the ground. The issue Monday night was with Hubbard hobbled and no Rankins or Hill we had zero pressure on the QB. The other huge issue was tackling outside of Jenkins - Tufele in particular was not tackling well at all. 
(Yesterday, 09:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Quitters....

You see any answers?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]