Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm assuming tomorrow we hear about Murphy and/or Jackson
(10-02-2024, 12:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I feel like Zac felt confident in the team to beat Carolina without Hill, making sure he was 100% for Baltimore.

Has Hill practiced at all since the Hamstring injury?  The only thing I have heard is he has been on the rehab field stretching.  If he has not been ready to practice, are the coaches going to send him out there Sunday.  It would seem to me they would want to be cautious if he hasnt at least tested his hamstring in practice.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 12:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Has Hill practiced at all since the Hamstring injury?  The only thing I have heard is he has been on the rehab field stretching.  If he has not been ready to practice, are the coaches going to send him out there Sunday.  It would seem to me they would want to be cautious if he hasnt at least tested his hamstring in practice.

I don't know if Hill has been getting work on the rehab field like Murphy or McKinley, but my guess is he did last week. Hopefully Rankins who was not placed on IR is also rehabbing.

Hill and Rankins are vets, they won't need a lot of practice time once they are healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 02:03 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Cam Sample is also a good run defender. He was taking snaps from Trey in the Baltimore/Hubbard TD PO game. He will be missed this week as well. 

Yes, too bad Cam is out for the year. He will be missed.

(10-02-2024, 12:26 PM)Synric Wrote:  

Great news right when we needed it badly.Yes
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 12:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Has Hill practiced at all since the Hamstring injury?  The only thing I have heard is he has been on the rehab field stretching.  If he has not been ready to practice, are the coaches going to send him out there Sunday.  It would seem to me they would want to be cautious if he hasnt at least tested his hamstring in practice.

I thought that I read somewhere that BJ Hill wanted to play on Sunday, but they held him back out of caution? If he did feel like he could play last week, I would take that as he is good to go this week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 01:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that I read somewhere that BJ Hill wanted to play on Sunday, but they held him back out of caution? If he did feel like he could play last week, I would take that as he is good to go this week.

We will see, it is true that BJ being a vet doesn't need as much practice as a rookie or 2nd year player so he is a possibility still.

Rankins is out though against the Ravens pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see, it is true that BJ being a vet doesn't need as much practice as a rookie or 2nd year player so he is a possibility still.

Rankins is out though against the Ravens pretty sure.

I agree Hill doesnt need the practice time to be ready for the game.  My questioning about practice has more to do with about testing the hamstring in some way before he is sent out there Sunday firing off the defensive line at full force.  Those linemen drive with their legs and if Hill isnt 100% he could make the hamstring worse and miss even more playing time.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 01:51 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I agree Hill doesnt need the practice time to be ready for the game.  My questioning about practice has more to do with about testing the hamstring in some way before he is sent out there Sunday firing off the defensive line at full force.  Those linemen drive with their legs and if Hill isnt 100% he could make the hamstring worse and miss even more playing time.

Yeah, he can stretch it in practice and before the game though. BJ hasn't had a ton of hammy issues unlike Tee.

But if the hammy isn't ready, rest it up BJ. I like what I have seen of Kris Jenkins and with McKinnley coming in we might be in a better
spot at both DT spots going into this one. Couldn't be worse, we have been slammed at the DT position this season.
Reply/Quote
Trey, BJ, Myles Murphy, and McKinnley Jackson are all dressed for practice and participating in stretch, We will see from the injury how limited they are

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: Trey, BJ, Myles Murphy, and McKinnley Jackson are all dressed for practice and participating in stretch,  We will see from the injury how limited they are

Jackson's been out since basically the end of the first week or so of Training Camp.
2 months out of action and has hardly had a chance to play on the field with the Bengals before that.
He will have a lot of catching up to do.

Even if active, I can't imagine he'd be more than an emergency usage, right?

I'm excited to see him on the field, but not yet.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good to see most of the guys coming back.

[Image: joe-burrow.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 03:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jackson's been out since basically the end of the first week or so of Training Camp.
2 months out of action and has hardly had a chance to play on the field with the Bengals before that.
He will have a lot of catching up to do.

Even if active, I can't imagine he'd be more than an emergency usage, right?

I'm excited to see him on the field, but not yet.

Goal line Defense is where we might need McKinnley, he can still take up space and make a stop I would hope.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Goal line Defense is where we might need McKinnley, he can still take up space and make a stop I would hope.

But could they not get that from Hill, Jenkins, Guy, and Tufele?
I just don't want to see McKinnley rushed into playing time and risking reinjury.
Plus I'm not convinced he's better at making a stop over the other guys just yet, despite his size.
If he had gone through a full preseason and a couple regular games under his belt, I'd be all for putting out there in some situations though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 12:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is good news, this team was due for some good news. 

If Jackson and Jenkins are good DTs the whole outlook of our whole d line changes overnight
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Myles Murphy coming back is huge. Hubbard has been disappointing and Murphy was looking good at the end of last season. Hopefully he can provide some pressure because Hubbard has been useless in that department this season.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 11:40 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Myles Murphy coming back is huge.  Hubbard has been disappointing and Murphy was looking good at the end of last season.  Hopefully he can provide some pressure because Hubbard has been useless in that department this season.

Hubbard has been playing injured.  A nagging injury.  he looked better against Panthers but not himself yet.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 08:12 PM)Housh Wrote: If Jackson and Jenkins are good DTs the whole outlook of our whole d line changes overnight

Maybe not overnight, as both of those guys will need to time to mature and develop as pro players. I will say that Jenkins looks promising so far, I'm anxious to see Jackson get a few reps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 12:13 PM)Housh Wrote: McKinney Jackson is coming back soon too

HJe's a rookie that has never played an NFL snap and missed most of camp. Lou is not going to throw him to the wolves. He said he needs practice to feel the double teams and pressures.... and to quote Lou... "This is the Ravens" He ain't playing. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But could they not get that from Hill, Jenkins, Guy, and Tufele?
I just don't want to see McKinnley rushed into playing time and risking reinjury.
Plus I'm not convinced he's better at making a stop over the other guys just yet, despite his size.
If he had gone through a full preseason and a couple regular games under his belt, I'd be all for putting out there in some situations though.

Completely understand, it will take some time with McKinnley for sure.
Reply/Quote
Both practiced today in full, will see action on Sunday, Hill was limited but trending up to playing Sunday
Reply/Quote