Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens vs Bengals Week 5 Predictions
IMHO, the success or failure of the Bengals season hinges on this game against the Ravens. To lose all three home games and all three AFC games and fall to 1 and 4, would create a hole the Bengals probably could not crawl out of. It would mean they could only lose 3 more games all season.

It is desperate times. And I get the sense the Bengals know this and the fans gathering in Paycor will know it. Joe Burrow and the other team leaders are not going to let the Bengals lose.

I pick the Bengals to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 10:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I dont give god status to the ravens just because they beat the supremely overrated Joshua allen.

I would disagree with you Allen is overrated, on offense he is doing more with less, he has a higher QB rating than Burrow (who is playing well)... The Ravens have defeated two of the top QBS in the past 5 years (Allen and Prescott), 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 04:07 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 11005896_0.jpg]

[Image: 95ikiv.jpg]
Reply/Quote
24-30 Ravens

Bengals will get ran on, Ravens draining the clock from them scoring more than they have been the past couple games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
31 -20 Bengals. This will be the week we put rest of division on notice
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 12:12 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, Ravens look like best team in NFL at this time.  However what if Burrow, Chase, Higgins have a big game also.  I think the game is in Cincinnati, not Baltimore, so that helps.  May be a closer game than media is thinking.  

Of course as always, GO BENGALS

Tiger

Their Strength is our Weakness they are gonna run Henry all over our Defense

31-21 Ravens...  
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:11 AM)Nepa Wrote: IMHO, the success or failure of the Bengals season hinges on this game against the Ravens. To lose all three home games and all three AFC games and fall to 1 and 4, would create a hole the Bengals probably could not crawl out of. It would mean they could only lose 3 more games all season.

It is desperate times. And I get the sense the Bengals know this and the fans gathering in Paycor will know it. Joe Burrow and the other team leaders are not going to let the Bengals lose.

Not really, it's not like the everyone else in the division is 4-0
Reply/Quote
34-20 Ravens
Reply/Quote
If you've read my recently started thread about the playoffs, you know who I think is going to win this game.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope we win this game, but as of now, I just don't see it. Ravens are a good rushing offense and we cannot stop the run. Granted, we may be getting some guys back from injury, but I just don't see them making much of an impact THIS week. That being said, as long as we don't give up big play, there is a possibility we could still win, but it boils down to the offense scoring on every drive.

I think the game is closer than a lot of us expect, but I still see the Ravens winning on the back of us not stopping their rushing attack: 27-21 Ravens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hate to say that Baltimore will win because the implication would be that the season will be pretty much over.  As someone who remembers the '90s, and what it feels like for the season to be effectively over before (choose your early autumn holiday: Indigenous Peoples'/Columbus Day, Yom Kippur, Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, Leif Erickson Day), I would have hoped that we forever left that crap behind.  

Ravens   31
Bengals  23

Sad
Reply/Quote
Second straight day Trey, Jackson, Hill and Murphy all practiced. Everyone except Rankins practiced.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 31 -20 Bengals. This will be the week we put rest of division on notice

On notice, they will put up huge numbers on offense. If you have fantasy players playing the Bengals, play them. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:11 AM)Nepa Wrote: IMHO, the success or failure of the Bengals season hinges on this game against the Ravens. To lose all three home games and all three AFC games and fall to 1 and 4, would create a hole the Bengals probably could not crawl out of. It would mean they could only lose 3 more games all season.

Need to start catching up with those stealers as I think they should start losing some games soon with that Offense that has trouble 
scoring. We have scored more each week and the Ravens passing Defense has been pretty terrible this season. They nearly lost to 
the Cowboys after leading huge all game. If we can slow down Henry and keep Lamar in the pocket along with Burrow taking advantage
of their poor passing Defense I agree we should win this game.

Need to start winning at Home as well, it is time.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor teams always start off slow and get better as the season goes on why would this year be any different?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to start catching up with those stealers as I think they should start losing some games soon with that Offense that has trouble 
scoring. We have scored more each week and the Ravens passing Defense has been pretty terrible this season. They nearly lost to 
the Cowboys after leading huge all game. If we can slow down Henry and keep Lamar in the pocket along with Burrow taking advantage

Exactly. They are a missed call by a zebra from being 1-3. Also we are getting the missing pieces on our DL back - does everyone actually understand how undermanned the DL was? First two games We missed Jenkins, Jackson and Murphy and Rankins and Hill both went out during the KC game. Third game had us missing Murphy, Rankins, Hill, Jackson. Last week we lacked the same players - all but Rankins look to be back. 

Meanwhile the offense has been really getting good, and unlike our previous offenses this one seems to be a lot more diverse in its schemes and playcalls. 

I think we have a good shot here. And a win here would be HUGE. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 03:42 PM)125250 Wrote: On notice, they will put up huge numbers on offense. If you have fantasy players playing the Bengals, play them. 

Your posts are depressing. It must be hard being so negative all the time. Will you still be here when we have a winning record later this season? 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to start catching up with those stealers as I think they should start losing some games soon with that Offense that has trouble 

You know that the Stealers are favored this week against the Cowgirls, while the Ravens are favored this week.  Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My thoughts on keys to winning:
1) Stop first down run
2) Contained pressure up the middle and outside contain
3) Spy on Jackson on third down (4-1-6)
4) Second down blitzes

On offense:
1) RBs in the flats and screens out of 21 formation (All as H-Back)
2) Run some behind the center plays and don't give up on run game.  
3) If there is a game where Burton can contribute - this is it. Stretch the zone.
4) Take the shallow crosses.
5) All, Gisecki and Sample - use them against the Zone to soften them up.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:33 PM)Mer Wrote: Your posts are depressing. It must be hard being so negative all the time. Will you still be here when we have a winning record later this season or will you crawl back in the hole you came from waiting for the next time you can try to rain on someone else's parade? 

Just how I see it. The defense has been dismantled. Unfortunately, the front office continues to be a disaster. Burrow’s career will be wasted. Osssi took away the opportunity to play in another Super Bowl. It’s not happening this year, that’s for sure.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:47 PM)125250 Wrote: Just how I see it. The defense has been dismantled. Unfortunately, the front office continues to be a disaster. Burrow’s career will be wasted. Osssi took away the opportunity to play in another Super Bowl. It’s not happening this year, that’s for sure.

You very well may be correct, but I choose to look at the glass half full. Were you around for 90's? Watching these Bengals is a breath of fresh air compared to then.

Don't get me wrong, possibly losing the SB because Spain didn't block for 1/2 a second stinks, but Chase may have dropped the ball or maybe the refs throw a flag on Chase because the "script" didn't include a SB victory on the Rams home field in their new stadium.

Also, 125250, I apologize for the "crawl back in the hole" comment. I feel that was going too far so I removed it.
Reply/Quote