Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Michael Mayer!
Apparently, Michael Mayer is away from the Raiders with no timetable for return due to personal issues.

I always say that Northern Kentucky is a bubble so we had this information (that he wanted to quit) a few days ago and apparently it's because he's adapting well to the big city and is homesick.

He was always outgoing and nice but he never really seemed like the cocky football player that wanted all the attention.

Anyways, we need a tight end and he'd be one of the best we've ever had.

He hasn't lived up to the pre-draft hype of being Baby Gronk, and maybe them drafting Bowers messed him up in the head, but, if we could get him to sign here, I think his brain could be back in it and he could live up to his potential.

Imagine Burrow having Mayer up the hashmarks or over the middle and teams selling out to stop him while also trying to double Chase.

Any chance of it happening?

Would you be for it?
Reply/Quote
Who at this point ISN'T trying to get away from the Raiders?

[Image: joe-burrow.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tight End isn't really a need at the moment. Gesicki and All are both solid. Now if they got any defenders that wanna bail im listening...

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Tight End isn't really a need at the moment.  Gesicki and All are both solid.  Now if they got any defenders that wanna bail im listening...

Maybe they'd swap tight ends in a trade. 

They're both solid but Mayer could take our offense to another level.
Reply/Quote
Um, he's still a Raider so we would have to trade for him.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:55 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Um, he's still a Raider so we would have to trade for him.

Yep but, like I said, maybe they'd swap a tight end with us or give him to us for not much because they're losing him regardless, so why not get something for him?
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, Michael Mayer is away from the Raiders with no timetable for return due to personal issues.

I always say that Northern Kentucky is a bubble so we had this information (that he wanted to quit) a few days ago and apparently it's because he's adapting well to the big city and is homesick.

He was always outgoing and nice but he never really seemed like the cocky football player that wanted all the attention.

He hasn't lived up to the pre-draft hype of being Baby Gronk, and maybe them drafting Bowers messed him up in the head, but, if we could get him to sign here, I think his brain could be back in it and he could live up to his potential.

Imagine Burrow having Mayer up the hashmarks or over the middle and teams selling out to stop him while also trying to double Chase.

Would you be for it?

That's news to me...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Which TE do you suggest to swap with the Raiders?

The idea of having Mayer on-board is not bad; however, he would not deliver much value this year. He would need to learn our system.

So swapping Gisecki or All for him does not seem reasonable. Neither Sample or McLachlan.
Reply/Quote
The news I saw only said he is away to attend to a personal matter. That can mean a lot of things. I'm not sure where you are getting it is because he is homesick.  But if that is the case while I certainly am sympathetic to emotional issues that doesn't really give me confidence.  Playing in the NFL requires a certain degree of mental toughness.  Anyway I don't see the Bengals making a trade for him. They already have a pretty full list of TEs with various skills sets.  And All is looking like he is moving up.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That's news to me...

It's blending into my regular font, but there's a link.

Here's all the Google search results sating he's away from the team and word is he's back home.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's blending into my regular font, but there's a link.

Here's all the Google search results sating he's away from the team and word is he's back home.

I meant/was referring to what I bolded Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:42 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Which TE do you suggest to swap with the Raiders?

The idea of having Mayer on-board is not bad; however, he would not deliver much value this year. He would need to learn our system.

So swapping Gisecki or All for him does not seem reasonable. Neither Sample or McLachlan.
Even if we could get him in the offseason, he'd be a massive upgrade with Burrow throwing him the ball.
(Yesterday, 08:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The news I saw only said he is away to attend to a personal matter. That can mean a lot of things. I'm not sure where you are getting it is because he is homesick.  But if that is the case while I certainly am sympathetic to emotional issues that doesn't really give me confidence.  Playing in the NFL requires a certain degree of mental toughness.  Anyway I don't see the Bengals making a trade for him. They already have a pretty full list of TEs with various skills sets.  And All is looking like he is moving up.

Just the word from the area that people are hearing from his family members. 

Apparently he wanted to quit even while he was at Notre Dame.

Maybe his heart is out of it, but if bringing him home could unleash his potential, we'd be stupid not to do it.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 08:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even if we could get him in the offseason, he'd be a massive upgrade with Burrow throwing him the ball.

Just the word from the area that people are hearing from his family members. 

Apparently he wanted to quit even while he was at Notre Dame.

Maybe his heart is out of it, but if bringing him home could unleash his potential, we'd be stupid not to do it.

Yeah no red flags there if that is true.   Tongue

Sorry Brad I know you are a fan of his but I just don't see this happening.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:46 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Tight End isn't really a need at the moment.  Gesicki and All are both solid.  Now if they got any defenders that wanna bail im listening...

I agree.

It's weird as hell to see that statement typed on this board.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Yeah no red flags there if that is true.   Tongue

Sorry Brad I know you are a fan of his but I just don't see this happening.

It was just because he was away from home.
Reply/Quote
No way it would be as easy as just signing the guy after he quits the Raiders. Also unlikely that the Raiders give him up for nothing.

It would be a crap precedent to set for the league if all disgruntled players needed to do to get away from respective teams was just really not want to be there.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:12 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree.

It's weird as hell to see that statement typed on this board.

All could be decent but Gesicki is nothing special and will be 30 in a few days. Why not give Burrow two good tight ends in All and Mayer and then watch us kill teams because you can't guard both up the seams and still have people left to cover Chase.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:15 PM)samhain Wrote: It would be a crap precedent to set for the league if all disgruntled players needed to do to get away from respective teams was just really not want to be there.

.....welcome to professional sports? Been happening, will keep happening. 

[Image: joe-burrow.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I'd rather have a player that wants to play than one that misses his mommy's cooking....

Besides our TEs we have now > than Mayer
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 07:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, Michael Mayer is away from the Raiders with no timetable for return due to personal issues.

Would you be for it?

Nah.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote