Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to suck it up, break the norm and make a damn trade
(10-02-2024, 08:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In retrospect, it's looking like Adams should have been a little more careful of what he wished for. I mean, he could still be in Green Bay playing for a well managed team in front of some of the most beloving and rabid fans in the sport, being featured weekly on the fastest 3 minutes in sports each week. However, he insisted upon being the highest paid at his position.

(10-02-2024, 08:47 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Apparently the Packers offered him more but he wanted to play for the Raiders.

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-trading-davante-adams-to-raiders-wr-signing-5-year-141-25m-deal

That was another FU by the Raiders. DA wanted to go play w/ his College QB. When he got there, they traded the QB 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 05:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That was another FU by the Raiders. DA wanted to go play w/ his College QB. When he got there, they traded the QB 

[Image: NUYUP4FWVRB63C7BAVMHO27F5E.jpg]

[Image: joe-burrow.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 05:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That was another FU by the Raiders. DA wanted to go play w/ his College QB. When he got there, they traded the QB 

Actually, they straight up released Carr!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We have the best backup QB in the league and a potential starter. You know Brian Callahan would love to have him on his roster. Just sayin. 

Yeah... No we don't. Callahan might want him though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This isn’t directed at anyone here

If you’ve posted something like this then just know i ain’t read this thread and this isn’t directed at you. I’m posting this here after seeing this comment on Twitter/X.

I don’t get some mofos struggle mindset. I literally saw someone on X say the Bengals shouldn’t make a trade because what if our DTs all get healthy and are really good? Ummm dummy then you have a really good problem where you have to find minutes for really good players. Wtf you mean we shouldn’t add good players because we already have good players? That’s like saying if Justin Jefferson was sitting in the 7th round of the draft because of character issues, then we shouldn’t draft him or something. Ummm no, dummy, that means you just have 2 great WRs now instead of one
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Bengals will wait to see how the next 3-4 games go before deciding to trade for anyone.
They'd have to absorb the contract from the point of making the trade and Mike Brown won't want to absorb any big contract until right up to the deadline.

Bengals have ~$9 mill in cap left and they typically like to roll over as much as possible with big extensions coming up. At least that's what they say, but they don't always get the extensions done.
But with Chase being the big one, a good chunk of that $9 mill rollover could go toward him or some other player.

Mike Brown and the Blackburns are always thinking about future seasons, so they don't typically go "all in" unless on the very rare occasion they feel they good enough to compete for a Super Bowl.

As such, Bengals will likely wait to see how these next few games pan out.
If they end up going 3-1 or 4-0 in the games leading up to the deadline, they'd be 4-4 or 5-3, potentially right there in the mix of the division lead.
Only in that situation could I see them actually trading for someone to help the now.
If they go 2-2 or worse this month, there's no reason to think they'll make a trade because the team likely just isn't good enough to go to the Super Bowl and thus the trade wasn't worthwhile in the end.

Is there a premiere DL who could be on the market for a bad team that is only under contract this season and won't be a huge break of the bank?

Would Azeez Ojulari from NYG or Haason Reddick from NYJ be worthwhile to trade?
I lean toward Ojulari given the age.
However, Bengals would likely have to give up premium draft pick(s) for him because he doesn't cost much.
Plus, he's only 24 years old.
Reddick also would come cheap but he's 30 years old and hasn't played yet this season due to UCL tear that he needed to mend.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Too ass backwards.

Refused to trade Dunlap, Atkins, and Green because they "weren't in the business of making other teams better"

Because Arizona was SOOOOOOOO much better when they got AJ Green am i right?

So dumb.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 12:29 PM)kevin Wrote: One type trade I'll never understand.  I've seen Reds trade players, but still have to pay Mega Millions in payroll to a player now with another team. To me that is just stupid.  The Raiders traded Carson Palmer to Arizona but still had to pay him.  How nice for Arizona, how stupid by the Raiders.  I'll never understand teams paying Mega Millions still to a player they traded as part of the trade, to me that is bad business, paying other teams players.  It drove The Raiders new owner and GM crazy when they saw how much the past owner was paying players like Palmer to play for other teams, and held back the new owners rebuilding plans until these awful contracts came off the books. 

This was not stupid just because you do not understand.  The Raiders did NOT pay Carson after they traded him.  The Raiders restructured Palmer's contract in 2012, they flipped his contact from salary to a signing bonus so they could prorate the amount over multiple years instead of having such a high cap hit that season.  Palmer received every bit of that money immediately.  

The Raiders traded Palmer the next season but still had the prorated amount on the books, it did not cost them any cash, but was counted against their salary cap as dead money.  The dead cap was $9M, it did not hold the Raiders back.
Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2024, 06:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: NUYUP4FWVRB63C7BAVMHO27F5E.jpg]

After seeing the debacle Josh McDaniels did in DEN and when he backed out of the HC job for CLE, it's a shocker LV hired him thinking things would have been different for them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)NotBigzo Wrote: Too ass backwards.

Refused to trade Dunlap, Atkins, and Green because they "weren't in the business of making other teams better"

Because Arizona was SOOOOOOOO much better when they got AJ Green am i right?

So dumb.

Also, who cares if they make a NFC team better?
Only likely impact that would have is if they made it all the way to the Super Bowl and played that team.

Trading within the division I get, and also trading to heavy AFC favorite like KC or BUF, but I agree it's ridiculous to worry about improving the bad teams in the AFC or any team in the NFC. I'd easily do that if it helped my team in the near future or long-term.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote