Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocho vs. Harrison MMA before the Superbowl
Do you think this will actually happen? If so, I fear for Ocho's safety if Harrison gets him on the ground.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-great-james-harrison-will-fight-chad-ochocinco-johnson-before-super-bowl/ar-AA1rBWw0?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=8a35952ea8594919977de60567278158&ei=103

Quote:The Pittsburgh Steelers have had legends all over their defense throughout history. It takes a great team to have intense, high-level rivalries, and Pittsburgh has had plenty of hated foes that circle them on their schedules. AFC North battles are always intense, especially with the Baltimore Ravens initially building their identity off of the Steelers' toughness and physical nature. There is plenty of hate to go around the division, and retirement doesn't always squash those feelings.

Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson, a former star for the Cincinnati Bengals, had made the decision to take some of those feelings and hash them out in the octagon with one of the toughest Steelers players ever.

James Harrison is not the first ex-Steeler to enter a professional fight, but there aren't many players in the team's history that would be scarier to go into combat against. Either way, Johnson is up for the task, as he announced the occasion himself. There's always the theory that age slows people down, so it will be interesting to see how much either of them have regressed in retirement, if at all.

Steelers Know All About Harrison's Physical Abilities
When he was on the field, Harrison was known as a guy that would intimidate and hit anyone. That dominance led to him winning AP Defensive Player of the Year in 2008, along with winning two Super Bowls. He was one of, if not the hardest-hitting player in the NFL when he was in his prime. After retiring after the 2013 season, he eventually came back and continued to strike fear into every opponent he faced.

He has also gone viral for his insane workouts repeatedly. Even after he finally retired for good, he would still accomplish insane feats that would make the average man exhausted just by watching. If there was any question on age having a negative effect on his body, there are plenty of videos out there to debunk that theory. Very few people around the world train with the intensity of Harrison.

If Johnson really wants to fight Harrison, he better be preparing and working out every day until the fight officially happens, because there is no doubt that Harrison is doing the same. He is always ready for any kind of physical activity. Obviously, receivers are also very strong, but Johnson was known as a guy that thrived off of his speed and skill more than pure strength. He can still use those skillsets in the match, but will he be able to take a punch from Harrison?

Based off of the initial matchup, Harrison seems to be the heavy favorite. The official odds or what the winning fighter will take home has not been disclosed yet, but based off of the comments on Johnson's announcement, everyone seems to be all in on the former All-Pro linebacker. Can the ex-receiver do what it takes to at least hold his own, or will he be another victim of Harrison's, just like every left tackle that he faced?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2024, 10:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you think this will actually happen? If so, I fear for Ocho's safety if Harrison gets him on the ground.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steelers-great-james-harrison-will-fight-chad-ochocinco-johnson-before-super-bowl/ar-AA1rBWw0?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=8a35952ea8594919977de60567278158&ei=103

With the likely obscene difference in weight, I cannot imagine a sanctioned event happening.

Playing height weights, 

Chad 6'1"  192

James  6'0"  242
Reply/Quote
MMA boxing and boxing-boxing are quite different. Chad probably has an advantage striking but with neither of them having trained grappling (that I know of) it's hard to not favor Harrison. He's bigger and stronger and when you have two untrained guys grappling that is typically enough. Sometimes, though, the big-and-strong untrained guys get really sloppy and can't really use their size advantage very well. I'd still probably favor Harrison.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2024, 03:19 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: With the likely obscene difference in weight, I cannot imagine a sanctioned event happening.

Playing height weights, 

Chad 6'1"  192

James  6'0"  242

If it happens, it will likely be as an exhibition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2024, 03:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If it happens, it will likely be as an exhibition.

Or like that time when he raced the horse but they gave him a big head-start (wasn't that Chad?) and they'll only let Harrison use one arm or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2024, 03:19 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: With the likely obscene difference in weight, I cannot imagine a sanctioned event happening.

Playing height weights, 

Chad 6'1"  192

James  6'0"  242

OG UFC rules when they didn't have weight classes, mandatory gloves, or drug testing. From UFC 1:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: Sugar-daddy-2.gif]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: OG UFC rules when they didn't have weight classes, mandatory gloves, or drug testing. From UFC 1:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I was working in a bar in Bowling Green, Ohio when those were going on. The manager put them on to draw customers in.

Later they did a David versus Goliath themed event, UFC 8, in Puerto Rico.

I think the biggest size difference I can recall was Keith Hackney( 5'11" 200lbs ) versus Emmanuel Yarbrough 6'8" 600lbs.

[Image: biglittle.jpg]
Reply/Quote