Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(10-04-2024, 04:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Their defense still got torched. Baker was efficient and had good numbers. Ts, Cousins has always managed to be fairly consistent and gets the most from his surrounding cast. 

A run is possible for sure, but would be a little surprising. He won't be facing such weak secondaries moving forward and if he throws 50 times a week they're probably in trouble. Plus that ATL defense is shaky at best. 

No doubt, I still think London and Mooney are consistent 8-12 point guys every week just due to the targets they get. Pitts I think is awful and is gonna disappoint more weeks than not.

I'd also say the Falcons defense being shaky at best would be a positive for the passing game.

Hard to judge anything after a solid week or two, Saints were the best offense in the league the first two weeks and now they have fallen off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2024, 05:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: No doubt, I still think London and Mooney are consistent 8-12 point guys every week just due to the targets they get. Pitts I think is awful and is gonna disappoint more weeks than not.

I'd also say the Falcons defense being shaky at best would be a positive for the passing game.

Hard to judge anything after a solid week or two, Saints were the best offense in the league the first two weeks and now they have fallen off.

Solid reasoning about having to pass the ball more often than not. Cousins track record suggests that their offense should be solid week in and out. He's a tough rascal for sure. Stands in there and gets rid of it. Having Penix behind him is definitely a plus in case of injury. For my money Daniels and Penix were the two best QBs in this draft. 

Williams is talented but throwing a rookie into win now mode is a tough ask. I think both Penix and Daniels would have been a better fit for Chi-Town. Penix especially! He would probably be shredding defenses with the weapons that they have there. 
Reply/Quote
It was a mess, but I got a line-up for this week that I'm OK with.   What makes it rough is Mixon and DeVonte Smith going on and off and on and off the IL each week.  Add in  Montgomery has a bye week so that left me with no starting RB's and add in Chase Brown will have a rough time against Baltimore D.   So I had to make a ton of moves, especially this week.  I used 2 waivers this week to get starting RB's.  Williams who is suppose to be Broncos #1 RB this week, and the Ravens #2 RB who comes in for Henry and gets OK Fantasy points.  Since Bengals D is so awful right now, the Baltimore #2 RB and their TE Lively who gets the most passes.  Doubling down against Bengals D, one of these players could have a big game.  

So I had to move Mixon off IL and end of week back to IL.  So I had to add players to use as waiver trades to get 2 starting RB's that give me a chance this week.  Since RB''s in free agency are few, trying to get 2 starting RB's took some moves.  It will be so much easier if Mixon and Devonte Smith play again, and Montgomery comes off bye week. I lose Jefferson to bye week next week, but I can cover that with players I added and if some players come off IL.  

A big mess, but I had to make moves to field a team against tough Harley Dogs.  Otherwise I was sure to lose by 40 points.  I hope people get healthy, because I really don't like making this many player drops and adds just to come up with a starting roster.  I'm rooting for Bengals, but grabbing 2 Ravens to go against weak Bengals D was needed due to injuries and bye weeks.  I need my #3 pick Mixon and my #4 pick Devonte Smith to get healthy, because they are making this harder than  it should be, especially with others now getting bye weeks. Getting the Denver RB isn't bad, that waiver Saturday morning is far better than how little I had at RB with both starters out.

If you lose a WR or QB or other positions to IL, you can find OK help in free agency, but to not have either of your starting RB's is almost impossible to fill in F/A because good RB's are sandbagged so much on roster bench's for this very reason. It's why I added Rodgers to try to trade him or Darnold at QB for a RB, but that wasn't going to happen.  The Denver RB Williams and the Baltimore #2  RB that catches a lot of passes, I can live with those 2 starting at RB this week as fill ins. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm just hoping I score more than 75 points with my waiver wire lineup this week. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote