Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Seasons not over, but it's gone.
I seen a spark out of the defense today. It was refreshing. I thought we would at least get outscored by 14. Lou had them ready.

Sign Chase. He's proven himself. JFC, if his efforts doesn't rush blood to the wiener every time he gets the ball, then you may want to see your Dr.

The fact this thing went into overtime is impressive, because I think Baltimore is the King of the AFCN. But, we could have won it outright. 

Zac really screwed the pooch. The last drive was atrocious.  Bill Parcells (at least I think it was him) hated kickers for a reason. Why not try to get closer? Why not go for the jugular and score a TD?

How does a QB go 30-39, 392yds and 5 TD's lose? I'll tell you how. Play calling. We had them at home. The next contest between the two of us will not be as favorable.

I love this team. But I'll confess, this ain't our year! Let's hope they use the rest of the year to get their shit together. Zac's not going to be fired, we all know it. Anyone who thinks so has some depressive days ahead.

I'm going to cheer for the progressiveness of the team the rest of the year. Because basically, We are done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: I seen a spark out of the defense today. It was refreshing. I thought we would at least get outscored by 14. Lou had them ready.

Sign Chase. He's proven himself. JFC, if his efforts doesn't rush blood to the wiener every time he gets the ball, then you may want to see your Dr.

The fact this thing went into overtime is impressive, because I think Baltimore is the King of the AFCN. But, we could have won it outright. 

Zac really screwed the pooch. The last drive was atrocious.  Bill Parcells (at least I think it was him) hated kickers for a reason. Why not try to get closer? Why not go for the jugular and score a TD?

How does a QB go 30-39, 392yds and 5 TD's lose? I'll tell you how. Play calling. We had them at home. The next contest between the two of us will not be as favorable.

I love this team. But I'll confess, this ain't our year! Let's hope they use the rest of the year to get their shit together. Zac's not going to be fired, we all know it. Anyone who thinks so has some depressive days ahead.

I'm going to cheer for the progressiveness of the team the rest of the year. Because basically, We are done.

Bro, the defense gave up 41 points. The only spark that occurred was them catching on fire and burning to the ground because theyre trASH. Play calling didn't make Burrow throw an interception. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals are officially the worst defense in the NFL... in a season where NFL defenses is making a "comeback".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheFan Wrote: Bro, the defense gave up 41 points. Play calling didn't make Burrow throw an interception. 

After the INT play calling 100% lost the game. Calling 3 runs and accepting a 54 yard FG is insane when you have Burrow/Chase/Tee going OFF. Ridiculous ***** play calling. You don't win playing to not lose. Play to win the GAME! Not settle. 
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)CloeHokie Wrote: After the INT play calling 100% lost the game. Calling 3 runs and accepting a 54 yard FG is insane when you have Burrow/Chase/Tee going OFF. Ridiculous ***** play calling. You don't win playing to not lose. Play to win the GAME! Not settle. 

Doesn't matter worst defense in the NFL. You don't win superbowls with the worst defense in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
And the defense is trash. Fire Lou now and make some changes in season. Again do not settle. Strive to be great and fire people that are not.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Synric Wrote: Doesn't matter worst defense in the NFL. You don't win superbowls with the worst defense in the NFL.

Agree. However even with that we still could have won with better play calling instead of doing EXACTLY what Bal wanted us to do
Reply/Quote
5 games in and the D hasnt gotten better. Even the lowly bears held carolina to 10...something we were unable to do
Reply/Quote
You saw a 'spark' out of the defence today? Lou had them 'ready'? Are you Lou himself?

We had a double-digit lead three times.... the first one lasted 4 plays. The second one a bit longer, but the drive had literally one good defensive play in it. The third was a walkover as well. The OT drive would likely have resulted in a TD had Lamar now tried to hand our defence the game.

They weren't that bad in the first half, I'll give you that. They may as well had not taken the field after the half, the production would have been the exact same. They were pathetically atrocious, giving up TDs and broken 'tackles' for fun. I could believe it if they all had money on a Ravens win.

The fact that Joe Burrow was afforded TWO mistakes (the underthrow to Higgins and the INT) all game, says it's all.

Joe Burrow could have an 100% completion rate the rest of the year and we'll miss the playoffs. We'll need 35+ a game to stand a chance with this defence.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: You saw a 'spark' out of the defence today? Lou had them 'ready'? Are you Lou himself?

We had a double-digit lead three times.... the first one lasted 4 plays. The second one a bit longer, but the drive had literally one good defensive play in it. The third was a walkover as well. The OT drive would likely have resulted in a TD had Lamar now tried to hand our defence the game.

They weren't that bad in the first half, I'll give you that. They may as well had not taken the field after the half, the production would have been the exact same. They were pathetically atrocious, giving up TDs and broken 'tackles' for fun. I could believe it if they all had money on a Ravens win.

The fact that Joe Burrow was afforded TWO mistakes (the underthrow to Higgins and the INT) all game, says it's all.

Joe Burrow could have an 100% completion rate the rest of the year and we'll miss the playoffs. We'll need 35+ a game to stand a chance with this defence.

45 Points. Fixed
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)CloeHokie Wrote: After the INT play calling 100% lost the game. Calling 3 runs and accepting a 54 yard FG is insane when you have Burrow/Chase/Tee going OFF. Ridiculous ***** play calling. You don't win playing to not lose. Play to win the GAME! Not settle. 

You mean like when playcalling put the ball in Burrows hands to win the game and he threw a pick? I agree the play calling wasn't the best. But Burrow and the offense failed on 3 consecutive drives to win the game. He has failed and made mistakes far more often then he's been successful for years when it comes to potential game winning drives. 
Reply/Quote
Once Mike Brown is gone, we can start to rebuild. Until then, he and his love for money, will continue to get in the way.

Obviously a coach like Bill belichick would cost much more money than Zac Taylor is getting paid so let's get that pipe dream out of the way.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Any win now will hurt draft standings. We should all be rooting against the bengals from here on out. I will be. This is a 3-14 season at best. We have a legit shot at 1OA. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm going to cheer for the progressiveness of the team the rest of the year. 

Likewise, but it's going to, I predict, come at the cost of around a .500 record without making the playoffs and missing out on a decent draft pick. The ultimate lose-lose in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
We're done, but we need Burrow to stay healthy and play 17 games. He needs that.
Reply/Quote
Dead cat bounce is about all we can hope for
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheFan Wrote: You mean like when playcalling put the ball in Burrows hands to win the game and he threw a pick? I agree the play calling wasn't the best. But Burrow and the offense failed on 3 consecutive drives to win the game. He has failed and made mistakes far more often then he's been successful for years when it comes to potential game winning drives. 

Big deal. I trust Burrow. Put the ball in HIS hands to WIN!!!!!!!!!!! Not run up the middle 3 times 

Again what would BAL want us to do in that situation? The answer is clear - run the ball up the middle 3 times and try a 53 yard FG. 

Sure lets do what the other team needs, We have BURROW/CHASE/TEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Get 10 yards and make it a reasonable kick!!!! 
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheFan Wrote: You mean like when playcalling put the ball in Burrows hands to win the game and he threw a pick? I agree the play calling wasn't the best. But Burrow and the offense failed on 3 consecutive drives to win the game. He has failed and made mistakes far more often than e has anhe's been successful for years when it comes to potential game winning drives. 

He has and I sounded this alarm and was attacked for it. 

And as usual I was right all along. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Bengals couldn't of played much better offense than they did today... still lost at home.

Season is over this defense won't give us a shot at sniffing the playoffs. It sucks but it's true.

I'll of course be rooting to eat crow but I'm not expecting to be wrong. This is a bottom 3 defense with a bottom 1 coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: He has and I sounded this alarm and was attacked for it. 

And as usual I was right all along. 

[Image: yeah-ok.gif]
Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote