Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Seasons not over, but it's gone.
(11 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: I seen a spark out of the defense today. It was refreshing. I thought we would at least get outscored by 14. Lou had them ready.

Sign Chase. He's proven himself. JFC, if his efforts doesn't rush blood to the wiener every time he gets the ball, then you may want to see your Dr.

The fact this thing went into overtime is impressive, because I think Baltimore is the King of the AFCN. But, we could have won it outright. 

Zac really screwed the pooch. The last drive was atrocious.  Bill Parcells (at least I think it was him) hated kickers for a reason. Why not try to get closer? Why not go for the jugular and score a TD?

How does a QB go 30-39, 392yds and 5 TD's lose? I'll tell you how. Play calling. We had them at home. The next contest between the two of us will not be as favorable.

I love this team. But I'll confess, this ain't our year! Let's hope they use the rest of the year to get their shit together. Zac's not going to be fired, we all know it. Anyone who thinks so has some depressive days ahead.

I'm going to cheer for the progressiveness of the team the rest of the year. Because basically, We are done.

This one hurt alright. I wasn't able to watch it until OT after the Texans beat the Bills with a FG, but to have Lamar fumble like that and 
for a holder to lose us the game was hard to watch especially after how great of a game Burrow and the bunch played on Offense. I will
not say we are done until we actually are though, last year I said we were done when Burrow went down and we were a couple plays 
away from making the Playoffs with Jake Browning.

We keep scoring like this wins are bound to start to come and besides the one run by Henry to beat us we shut him down all day in the 
run game, it was Lamar, the injuries to Mike and Dax that killed us in the passing game. Hubbard is back healthy again and Murphy looked
good on the one play in OT I saw. We will see how we respond and yes cheer on us just getting better and better this season all across the
board.

Nice thread Harley, you always make me feel better even if you think we are done lol
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)TheFan Wrote: You mean like when playcalling put the ball in Burrows hands to win the game and he threw a pick? I agree the play calling wasn't the best. But Burrow and the offense failed on 3 consecutive drives to win the game. He has failed and made mistakes far more often then he's been successful for years when it comes to potential game winning drives. 

In no way can you blame this game on Burrow

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
You of all people know how right I always end up being. That I know.

I don’t like being right about these observations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: Any win now will hurt draft standings. We should all be rooting against the bengals from here on out. I will be. This is a 3-14 season at best. We have a legit shot at 1OA. 

This team is not going to only win 3 games. The nearly beat KC and the Ravens, possibly the two best teams in the league. It's really distressing, for sure. I've watched these painful losses since season 1. But rooting for a number 1 pick or even a top 10 pick is just setting yourself up for another disappointment. 
Reply/Quote
Look at the schedule with objective eyes.

They barely survived the lowly Panthers that got blown out today. 

Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: In no way can you blame this game on Burrow

I'm not blaming this game on Burrow. You shouldn't lose when you score 38 points. But that doesn't change the fact that he had 3 drives to seal the game and failed. Something he has been doing more often then not. 
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Nepa Wrote: This team is not going to only win 3 games. The nearly beat KC and the Ravens, possibly the two best teams in the league. It's really distressing, for sure. I've watched these painful losses since season 1. But rooting for a number 1 pick or even a top 10 pick is just setting yourself up for another disappointment. 

That's the painful thing... being a top 5 pick could really give this team the reboot it needs.

Trade Tee - get a 2nd or 3rd.

Pay Chase.

Get a new HC + Def Coordinator 

Next thing you know we have top picks to reload for the 2nd half of Burrow career.  

This won't happen because the team is frustrating good enough to finish at least 5-12 at worst. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow not being clutch is old news given nearly all of his wins come when they are ahead after the first quarter.

Reply/Quote
Last year y’all wanted wins for morale when Burrow went down and for what? To go from picking 6 to 18?

Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)TheFan Wrote: You mean like when playcalling put the ball in Burrows hands to win the game and he threw a pick? I agree the play calling wasn't the best. But Burrow and the offense failed on 3 consecutive drives to win the game. He has failed and made mistakes far more often then he's been successful for years when it comes to potential game winning drives. 

I don’t think you were watching the same game as the rest of us. Blaming Burrow screams ignorance.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: Any win now will hurt draft standings. We should all be rooting against the bengals from here on out. I will be. This is a 3-14 season at best. We have a legit shot at 1OA. 

3 wins? Ha! Good one. Zac finds creative ways to lose.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)QueenCity Wrote: That's the painful thing... being a top 5 pick could really give this team the reboot it needs.

Trade Tee - get a 2nd or 3rd.

Pay Chase.

Get a new HC + Def Coordinator 

Next thing you know we have top picks to reload for the 2nd half of Burrow career.  

This won't happen because the team is frustrating good enough to finish at least 5-12 at worst. 

The problem with losing Tee is he is the only other WR capable of getting the double team off Chase.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Whacked Wrote: The problem with losing Tee is he is the only other WR capable of getting the double team off Chase.

That statement is true if you think this season still can be saved. If not it's time to cut bait.

I'd be willing to give it 1 more week but this defense is such a disaster I really don't see them reeling off 5-6 straight games. 
Reply/Quote
I’ve seen that the people who nit pick burrow about little things are usually people who just flat out don’t like him. The defense is horrid. Burrow has come up clutch in the past. We’ve all seen it. Anyone claiming different is playing ignorant. Trying to create a narrative

Reply/Quote
Don't know why but I think this team plays better when they are the underdogs. We have the Giants and the Clowns on the road, two very winnable games ahead. I'm not giving up on this team yet. 
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)TheFan Wrote: I'm not blaming this game on Burrow. You shouldn't lose when you score 38 points. But that doesn't change the fact that he had 3 drives to seal the game and failed. Something he has been doing more often then not. 
I agree. Cantley puts it in perspective. Burrow is not a clutch QB. Expect more of the same for the rest of the season (and years to come). Oh well, it's just $55 million. Let the Bengals spend another $60 million to keep two guys on offense so the Bengals can go 1-4 to begin the season and miss the playoffs every year. Makes perfect sense. Just a thought, perhaps put more resources into the other guys on the field.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41416221

Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Synric Wrote: Doesn't matter worst defense in the NFL. You don't win superbowls with the worst defense in the NFL.

Yep. It's below below average to bad at every level.
Reply/Quote

Yep, they’ll just miss the playoffs. Mediocre Marv jr 
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)125250 Wrote: Yep, they’ll just miss the playoffs. Mediocre Marv jr 

I see 9-8, 8-9. No playoffs

Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: I see 9-8, 8-9. No playoffs

I want a pair of your rose colored glasses!
Reply/Quote