Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fire Zac Taylor right now..
(8 hours ago)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yea, Zac isn't the real problem here. The ownership and Duke are. Refusing to sign quality proven players and letting them walk and horrible drafting year after year. The Bengals are the league pros at giving a false sense of security temporarily only to fall flat on their face soon after. The only common thread thru all the decades of different coaches, players is the FO and Duke.

How is it that opposing receivers are ALWAYS wide open against our secondary? They usually have a 5 yard cushion anyplace on the field.

No pass rush leads to open pass catchers

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
And I get it. I am venting BIG time. Overall Zach called a good game. That ending just really hurt and it is my biggest pet peeve to do EXACTLY what the other team is hoping for. So that was jarring to me. I was screaming at the TV. Please try and get more yards. It is a very long kick. Please pass the ball.

At the end of the day it really does not matter. Our defense is total trash so unless we score 45 we have no real chance of winning. Look what CAR did today. Our defense made them look awesome.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: Good points but Zac is also the boss of all the other coordinators who are failing and still allowing it to continue weekly. He can’t be the nice guy forever. I feel like it really shows with complacency and no fear of accountability.

This is the legitimate complaint of Zac Taylor.  Fire Lou, dont be scared to hire Vrabel.  Belichik is an absurd suggestion by some.

Fire Duke and hire a real GM.  Some team will be hiring Borgonzi next year, should be us.
Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)CloeHokie Wrote: And I get it. I am venting BIG time. Overall Zach called a good game. That ending just really hurt and it is my biggest pet peeve to do EXACTLY what the other team is hoping for. So that was jarring to me. I was screaming at the TV. Please try and get more yards. It is a very long kick. Please pass the ball.

At the end of the day it really does not matter. Our defense is total trash so unless we score 45 we have no real chance of winning. Look what CAR did today. Our defense made them look awesome.

I get it too with the venting big time. We all get emotionally invested to these games, but normally I'm pretty even-keeled no matter what happens. Today got me pretty bad though I'm not ashamed to admit.

Agree.
The defensive side of the ball is atrocious and defensive drafting has been suspect at best. Not going to win games with no pass rush and secondary getting burnt constantly.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)CloeHokie Wrote: And I get it. I am venting BIG time. Overall Zach called a good game. That ending just really hurt and it is my biggest pet peeve to do EXACTLY what the other team is hoping for. So that was jarring to me. I was screaming at the TV. Please try and get more yards. It is a very long kick. Please pass the ball.

I was hoping to see maybe a mixture of both running three straight times that far out was concerning to me, especially given that there is some wind which can be unpredictable especially for longer kicks. One or two 5 to 10 yard passes would’ve changed things dramatically.

I would have been much more for seeung run plays at that point leading to a thirty ish to, 40 yard field goal. 45 to 50+ I think is too much in that situation, especially given that Tucker can hit from almost midfield. You need a little bit of extra yardage just to mitigate that in the event that you fail. At least give the defense a chance if you fail. I have no doubts that if Henry would not have got the big run at the end, they would’ve still been within Tucker Range and he probably buries us for the win from deep too.
Reply/Quote
I mean, I’m not very invested in this team anymore this year. Zac gets credit for that.
Reply/Quote
Eerily reminiscent of the 9ers OT loss from a few years ago when Zac took the ball out of Burrow’s hands in that one, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That superbowl game seems like decades ago. This team is hard to watch and root for, because you know what’s coming in the end.

5 seasons and 5 games under Lou, and the defense finished middle of the pack, once at 16th. The rest of the time, down near the bottom of the pile.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)casear2727 Wrote: ...Belichik is an absurd suggestion by some...

Why is it absurd?  He is a proven head coach that can win with an elite QB.  His defenses were usually top 10.  You get that in Cincinnati, you win a championship.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Timanky12 Wrote: That superbowl game seems like decades ago. This team is hard to watch and root for, because you know what’s coming in the end.

5 seasons and 5 games under Lou, and the defense finished middle of the pack, once at 16th. The rest of the time, down near the bottom of the pile.

At this point, it doesn’t even really seem like it’s all about talent. I think some of it is talent and especially when you have injuries there will be talent drop off. Guys are confused and out of position so often that it can’t just be talent and that only across the board, Logan Wilson should rarely ever be looking lost. Vet like him should be one of the people kind of leading the defense, not spinning in a circle, almost with back faced to the offense before the snap.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)casear2727 Wrote: This is the legitimate complaint of Zac Taylor.  Fire Lou, dont be scared to hire Vrabel.  Belichik is an absurd suggestion by some.

Fire Duke and hire a real GM.  Some team will be hiring Borgonzi next year, should be us.

can we get Vrable from the browns ..its a good idea..a new voice is necessary on the defensive side of the ball
Reply/Quote
Zac, Duke and Lou aren't going anywhere. Those that know this organization, KNOW this. We, as Bengals fans, have a choice: Keep watching and supporting them or not. It's really that simple. I ,myself, am happy when they win and when they lose, oh well. I think that last Super Bowl loss changed me as a fan. I've come to realize, " That's the way the cookie crumbles, here in Cincinnati."
Reply/Quote
There is a reason Burrow's career lacks 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives for someone of his caliber. He has alot of empty calories and high end talent bailing him out not to mention organization does him no favors.
Reply/Quote
Burrow became the 10th QB in NFL history to post stats of 390+ yards, 5+ TDs, and 75%+ completion percentage.

So disappointing. Not sure if this anecdote goes with "Fire Zac..." but it does make me question Zac's bad play calling before the botched FG.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Timanky12 Wrote: That superbowl game seems like decades ago. 

You'll see people still hanging onto that to give a pass for the current state of the team, picking and choosing.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: There is a reason Burrow's career lacks 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives for someone of his caliber. He has alot of empty calories and high end talent bailing him out not to mention organization does him no favors.

Nobody takes this narrative seriously except for haters and self loathers

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Lou should be getting axed as we speak; if they want fan support for the team to continue they have to show that this is not what is accepted. Then bring in a new DC and hopefully they have a sounder system the players can actually execute.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Timanky12 Wrote: That superbowl game seems like decades ago. This team is hard to watch and root for, because you know what’s coming in the end.

5 seasons and 5 games under Lou, and the defense finished middle of the pack, once at 16th.  The rest of the time, down near the bottom of the pile.

and in all that time how many Pro Bowl caliber players has Lou had to work with?  Hendrickson and Bates.  Thats it.  Bates is now gone.  I dont know if Lou can get the job done but he doesnt have the talent on defense other teams have.  We had Reader last year and needed to bring in more talent to boost the defense.  Instead we let Reader walk and replace him with Rankins who is now standing on the sideline while Reader is the one playing, helping Detroit win games.  You also had Awuzie as the #1 CB but he walks and you now have CTB as the de-facto #1 and is struggling at times.    Im not sure what the issue is but you cant just pin the blame on Lou even though I believe the whole coaching staff needs fired and a new staff brought in.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eerily reminiscent of the 9ers OT loss from a few years ago when Zac took the ball out of Burrow’s hands in that one, too.

Did it in a Steelers game too.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

At the end of the day it really does not matter. Our defense is total trash so unless we score 45 we have no real chance of winning.  Look what CAR did today. Our defense made them look awesome.

I mean Chicago has a good defense especially the secondary so I'm not so sure about comparing the two. But the defense is bad they did make alot of good plays they just couldn't string them together. 

But the offense just played scared after the Burrow pick. Too many weapons not to throw it and pick up a first at the end. We hung around with a Baltimore team that is playing good. Would've been such a huge win is why it hurts a little more.
Reply/Quote