Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Seasons not over, but it's gone.
(11 hours ago)Synric Wrote: Bengals are officially the worst defense in the NFL... in a season where NFL defenses is making a "comeback".

We needed i to invest in defense a great QB can win with average offense but lose is defense plus Burrow needs to close leads or last drives
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree. Cantley puts it in perspective. Burrow is not a clutch QB. Expect more of the same for the rest of the season (and years to come). Oh well, it's just $55 million. Let the Bengals spend another $60 million to keep two guys on offense so the Bengals can go 1-4 to begin the season and miss the playoffs every year. Makes perfect sense. Just a thought, perhaps put more resources into the other guys on the field.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41416221

Don't reference that clown.  

Dude was saying Burrow was done as an elite QB all week as he posts a 5 TD 350+ performance.  

If your going to blame anyone today it's the defense and Lou.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)QueenCity Wrote: That's the painful thing... being a top 5 pick could really give this team the reboot it needs.

Trade Tee - get a 2nd or 3rd.

Pay Chase.

Get a new HC + Def Coordinator 

Next thing you know we have top picks to reload for the 2nd half of Burrow career.  

This won't happen because the team is frustrating good enough to finish at least 5-12 at worst. 

Would NEVER happen because our FO and he would be like oil and water, but....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13913400]

[Image: Sugar-daddy-2.gif]
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Chezaugie Wrote: I want a pair of your rose colored glasses!

Rose colored glasses? The defense IS going to get healthier on the d-line. But they’re still missing the playoffs. Nothing rose tinted about that

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Bengalion Wrote: Don't know why but I think this team plays better when they are the underdogs. We have the Giants and the Clowns on the road, two very winnable games ahead. I'm not giving up on this team yet. 

Until we see Baltimore again on November 7, we have the Giants and Browns on the road, followed by the Eagles and Raiders at home.  All are winnable games.  Win those and you roll into Baltimore at 5-4.  Will it happen?  Meh, probably not.  Hitting on all cylinders we'd still probably drop at least one of those games, but who knows?  Maybe they pull it off.  If we got to 5-4 the mood around here would definitely be improved.  
Reply/Quote
I want to clarify about the defense. They did great things today (and also a lot of bad). I thought we would lose considerably. We lost do to coaching. Baltimore is a high powered offense. I'm trying to find the silver lining because we have progressed. That's why I said the seasons not over, but it's done.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Awful Llama Wrote: Until we see Baltimore again on November 7, we have the Giants and Browns on the road, followed by the Eagles and Raiders at home.  All are winnable games.  Win those and you roll into Baltimore at 5-4.  Will it happen?  Meh, probably not.  Hitting on all cylinders we'd still probably drop at least one of those games, but who knows?  Maybe they pull it off.  If we got to 5-4 the mood around here would definitely be improved.  

The defense is so bad that they won’t win all of those lol

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)CloeHokie Wrote: After the INT play calling 100% lost the game. Calling 3 runs and accepting a 54 yard FG is insane when you have Burrow/Chase/Tee going OFF. Ridiculous ***** play calling. You don't win playing to not lose. Play to win the GAME! Not settle. 

Yes. Let Joe Burrow cook. This one hurts as we could've been right back in the conversation. Total failure by the playcallers in the end there. Needed to be aggressive. But don't worry here soon we'll be up 7 with time expiring and we'll for it on 4th down instead of taking an easy FG and fail to convert. It will balance out.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: The defense is so bad that they won’t win all of those lol

Yes NY is a scrappy team that's looking like a loss. Defense is bad.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)Bengalion Wrote: Don't know why but I think this team plays better when they are the underdogs. We have the Giants and the Clowns on the road, two very winnable games ahead. I'm not giving up on this team yet. 

Being 1-4 is a bad look, but I cant quite see us being underdogs against those teams.  Nothing significant if at all. 
Reply/Quote
Question is how do you not play Myles Murphy over Sam Hubbard now? 

... Also more McKinnley Jackson less Lawrence Guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Nately120 Wrote: Being 1-4 is a bad look, but I cant quite see us being underdogs against those teams.  Nothing significant if at all. 

There's no team on our schedule this year who I'd say 'yep no chance there really'. If our offence plays like it did today and our defence is even passable, we could win any game on our schedule. Defence playing like today has no chance though.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: There's no team on our schedule this year who I'd say 'yep no chance there really'. If our offence plays like it did today and our defence is even passable, we could win any game on our schedule. Defence playing like today has no chance though.

True I just see Daniel Jones and Watson being unable to keep up with Burrow like Dalton couldn't more than keeping up like Jackson did. 
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)QueenCity Wrote: Don't reference that clown.  

Dude was saying Burrow was done as an elite QB all week as he posts a 5 TD 350+ performance.  

If your going to blame anyone today it's the defense and Lou.
He has 1 more Super Bowl ring than Burrow. He has a valid take. 
Reply/Quote
Defense played poorly and is why we lost. They played better, but still the worst in the league. Let someone else try, fire duke or Lou tomorrow?
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Nately120 Wrote: True I just see Daniel Jones and Watson being unable to keep up with Burrow like Dalton couldn't more than keeping up like Jackson did. 

We should be beating the Giants, and I still expect we will. The Browns I'm less confident with, only because they are a matchup nightmare and won't need Watson to play all that great. But we should really be looking to win that game too. We'll see, I do imagine we'll be getting to at least 7 wins when all is said and done.
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: I seen a spark out of the defense today. It was refreshing. I thought we would at least get outscored by 14. Lou had them ready.

Sign Chase. He's proven himself. JFC, if his efforts doesn't rush blood to the wiener every time he gets the ball, then you may want to see your Dr.

The fact this thing went into overtime is impressive, because I think Baltimore is the King of the AFCN. But, we could have won it outright. 

Zac really screwed the pooch. The last drive was atrocious.  Bill Parcells (at least I think it was him) hated kickers for a reason. Why not try to get closer? Why not go for the jugular and score a TD?

How does a QB go 30-39, 392yds and 5 TD's lose? I'll tell you how. Play calling. We had them at home. The next contest between the two of us will not be as favorable.

I love this team. But I'll confess, this ain't our year! Let's hope they use the rest of the year to get their ye shit together. Zac's not going to be fired, we all know it. Anyone who thinks so has some depressive days ahead.

I'm going to cheer for the progressiveness of the team the rest of the year. Because basically, We are done.
We’re not done yet! Thankfully our next 3 games are with the Giants, Eagles and then the Raiders. We should be favored to win all 3 of those games putting us at 500. Our next game will then be against the Ravens in Baltimore. With a win we’ll be 1 game above 500 headed for the bye.
Getting to 500 before a rematch we Baltimore should be a confidence booster for the team. It’s a long shot, but if they take care of business we still have a shot at a wildcard.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Chezaugie Wrote: He has 1 more Super Bowl ring than Burrow. He has a valid take. 

You want to reference Chris Canty stats in that Super Bowl win? Or should I do it for you?

I know you won't respond - He didn't f****** play.  NEXT
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Hammer Wrote: We’re not done yet! Thankfully our next 3 games are with the Giants, Eagles and then the Raiders. We should be favored to win all 3 of those games putting us at 500. Our next game will then be against the Ravens in Baltimore. With a win we’ll be 1 game above 500 headed for the bye.
Getting to 500 before a rematch we Baltimore should be a confidence booster for the team. It’s a long shot, but if they take care of business we still have a shot at a wildcard.

I can't bank further wins. Look who we've lost to already.
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: Rose colored glasses? The defense IS going to get healthier on the d-line. But they’re still missing the playoffs. Nothing rose tinted about that

Yeah, but 9-8? We are looking at a top ten draft pick team. As far as the defense getting healthier just doesn't mean anything. The players that get healthy are still below average. The fact is, the Bengals are a mid/low (competitive) NFL team. I hate to say it, but, it's time to bring it all down. This team could be 1-4 with 9th round picks. Tee and Chase are exciting, but, money on defense could make this a really good team. I want a KC model not a love fest .
Reply/Quote