Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Seasons not over, but it's gone.
(9 hours ago)Hammer Wrote: We’re not done yet! Thankfully our next 3 games are with the Giants, Eagles and then the Raiders. We should be favored to win all 3 of those games putting us at 500. Our next game will then be against the Ravens in Baltimore. With a win we’ll be 1 game above 500 headed for the bye.
Getting to 500 before a rematch we Baltimore should be a confidence booster for the team. It’s a long shot, but if they take care of business we still have a shot at a wildcard.

It is weird... the team look like absolute garbage through the season for the most part, and yet... if the offence can play approaching what they did today (they won't be this good every week)... and the defence can just be f**king passable... then the schedule is there for us to make a run. 

To make it clear, I have zero confidence in this happening... this is the Bengals after all, and the defence is diabolical. But if they could find some rhythm it is theoretically there. The schedule is not a gauntlet. 
Reply/Quote
1 week into October and our season is effing over. Even with Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Brown, etc. Un-effing-believable.

This is worse then the 90's. I expected nothing out of this team back then. Now it's just horribly painful and the FO is still a joke.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)basballguy Wrote: I don’t think you were watching the same game as the rest of us.  Blaming Burrow screams ignorance.

Reread my posts. More then 1 thing can be true. Burrow had the ball in his hands with a chance to win/put the game away and failed in all 4 losses, true or not? 
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: I seen a spark out of the defense today. It was refreshing. I thought we would at least get outscored by 14. Lou had them ready.

Sign Chase. He's proven himself. JFC, if his efforts doesn't rush blood to the wiener every time he gets the ball, then you may want to see your Dr.

The fact this thing went into overtime is impressive, because I think Baltimore is the King of the AFCN. But, we could have won it outright. 

Zac really screwed the pooch. The last drive was atrocious.  Bill Parcells (at least I think it was him) hated kickers for a reason. Why not try to get closer? Why not go for the jugular and score a TD?

How does a QB go 30-39, 392yds and 5 TD's lose? I'll tell you how. Play calling. We had them at home. The next contest between the two of us will not be as favorable.

I love this team. But I'll confess, this ain't our year! Let's hope they use the rest of the year to get their shit together. Zac's not going to be fired, we all know it. Anyone who thinks so has some depressive days ahead.

I'm going to cheer for the progressiveness of the team the rest of the year. Because basically, We are done.

If I'm Chase you probably couldn't come up with enough money to keep me here. Sign a big contract with someone who knows how to run a football team. Get paid to play and actually win while doing it.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)R3stangs Wrote: If I'm Chase you probably couldn't come up with enough money to keep me here. Sign a big contract with someone who knows how to run a football team. Get paid to play and actually win while doing it.

Watch him end up on the Ravens or Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)THE PISTONS Wrote: Watch him end up on the Ravens or Steelers.

Probably. Hate them with all I am but they find ways to win while we're back to finding ways to lose. Bengals tradition.
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)HarleyDog Wrote: I seen a spark out of the defense today.

Allowing 41 points is barely a spark
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: The defense is so bad that they won’t win all of those lol

Well, then I'm glad I didn't say they would.

Edit:  With their (our?) luck I would say it's a safe bet they won't.  Next week they'll probably play down to the Giants.
Reply/Quote
(10 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: Look at the schedule with objective eyes.

They barely survived the lowly Panthers that got blown out today. 

What you just did there is known as a logical fallacy... But continue to pat yourself on the back for your observations.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Call it what you want
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: Call it what you want

You Burrow bashers need to lay off the sauce, you say some crazy sh!t.
Reply/Quote
We all love Burrow. But it’s been  5 years. We should be able to speak openly and honestly about him. Around here anyway. It’s not like we saying this to other teams fans.

We (supposedly) in a safe space amongs fellow fans. Fellow hardcore fans. And anyone on this board as much as some of us are can only be classified as such. 

We have to win games when the offense consistently scores in the 30’s. This loss isn’t on the offense or Burrow. But the clutch situation is all but set in stone. Folks would choose Cousins over Burrow with a game on the line at this point in his career. People have seen enough to make that determination. 

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: We all love Burrow. But it’s been  5 years. We should be able to speak openly and honestly about him. Around here anyway. It’s not like we saying this to other teams fans.

We (supposedly) in a safe space amongs fellow fans. Fellow hardcore fans. And anyone on this board as much as some of us are can only be classified as such. 

whats there to say? he gets hurt often? ok. When he wins playoff games, he isnt dominant? That is beyond petty.  I see that complaint a lot. It's ridiculous

guess what, he's playing like a top 5 qb. The criticisms are beyond nit picky and it comes off as reaching.

the only legit criticism is his durability. the others are absurd

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Well that’s all pretty much anyone has said around here regarding Burrow. Him needing a half season to warm up can be put to rest with the offensive production since week 2.

He is having the best start of his career. 

No one around here hates Burrow. But the clutch situation is a situation. And it’s been one. And folks have been and are slow to come around to it around here. With the exception of an astute few. 

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: We all love Burrow. But it’s been  5 years. We should be able to speak openly and honestly about him. Around here anyway. It’s not like we saying this to other teams fans.

We have to won win games when the offense consistently scores in the 30’s. This loss isn’t on the offense or Burrow. But the clutch situation is all but set in stone. Folks would choose Cousins over Burrow with a game on the line at this point in his career. People have seen enough to make that determination. 

Other than the very first game, Burrow has been good to excellent.  This place should be a safe space for bad takes?  Lol, your brothers should be the ones to call out silly opinions more than anyone.  As the self proclaimed Determinator of Takes, I proclaim that any criticism of Burrow the last 3 games are comically bad. 

If the defense gets ONE more stop in each game the Bengals are 5-0.
Determinator of Takes
Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: Well that’s all pretty much anyone has said around here regarding Burrow. Him needing a half season to warm up can be put to rest with the offensive production since week 2.

He is having the best start of his career. 

No one around here hates Burrow. But the clutch situation is a situation. And it’s been one. And folks have been and are slow to come around to it around here. With the exception of an astute few. 

it really hasnt. it's a reach. it's people desperate to criticize him. people who are using the "not clutch" argument have situational dementia. 

Reply/Quote

“bUt He’S nOT cLuTCh!”

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Frank Booth Wrote: it really hasnt. it's a reach. it's people desperate to criticize him. people who are using the "not clutch" argument have situational dementia. 

How many one score games have we lost in the Burrow era….

Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)jj22 Wrote: How many one score games have we lost in the Burrow era….

wipe out the 2020 rookie season. wipe out the games where burrow and the offense tied it up/took the lead, then the defense blows it for an opponent game winning field goal. 

obviously your list becomes A LOT smaller. youre not differentiating. youre putting all of it on burrow

youre reaching. it's funny. you clearly WANT to bash the guy

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)casear2727 Wrote: Other than the very first game, Burrow has been good to excellent.  This place should be a safe space for bad takes?  Lol, your brothers should be the ones to call out silly opinions more than anyone.  As the self proclaimed Determinator of Takes, I proclaim that any criticism of Burrow the last 3 games are comically bad. 

If the defense gets ONE more stop in each game the Bengals are 5-0.

I agree with you on this. 

As far as my “bad” Burrow takes. I sounded the warning on him not going to last the season early last season to severe backlash……. Only to have been right. But I hate to say I told you so so I let it ride since we all hated to see it. 

And I been sounding the alarm on the clutch situation. Only to face backlash and belittlement. Only for Burrow to continue to … lose in 1score games. 

So my takes as people around here know aren’t bad. They are ahead of their time and the board always catches up. Eventually. And when folks do I usually take the high road. Not this time tho. Not with the clutch convo y’all so late to come around to.  Not wothout any backing and with another close loss there wasn’t an argument otherwise when another poster brought it up. I wasn’t t going to let y’all silence other astute posters. I walked so they can run and I’ll back them as they do. 

Reply/Quote