Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Will Win AFC North This Season
Bengals are only 2 games out of 1st place, with 5 division games left to be played. Also do not be surprised if Bengals are 5-4 when they play Ravens again and climb to 6-4.

Tiger

Joe
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You get into the cough syrup again, Kev?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Bartender! Give me a shot of whatever Kevin is drinking!
Reply/Quote
Tell em Kev!

I mean I'm appalled at how bad our defense is, and we're in the deepest of holes, be the OP is right. We're sitting here in early October 2 games back from the division lead. It doesn't matter what our record is so long as we can lock up the division. Having said that; we can't expect absolute perfection from the offense to win games. Lou and them boys need to get their shit together right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
But how are we doing in the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2024, 06:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: But how are we doing in the playoffs?
!
wheres my Jim Mora Meme?!
Reply/Quote
My God. We beat the Panthers. We're 1-4. We basically need to win out to win the division. The way we're playing we will be lucky to win 8 games.
Reply/Quote
Iv'e said before and I will say it again. If the defense could improve to simply being bad, instead of horrendously awful, this offense can carry the team on a serious win streak.

The AFC is not strong this year. 3 WC spots will be up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2024, 06:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: My God. We beat the Panthers. We're 1-4. We basically need to win out to win the division. The way we're playing we will be lucky to win 8 games.

That’s pretty optimistic.
Reply/Quote
We're 2 games back...5 games into the season.
Reply/Quote
We beat arguably the worst team in the league, headed by their back-up, the ghost of Andy Dalton. Will win some, for sure. Playoffs are a very long shot, even with the charity extra teams they let in, but the AFC North will not be anywhere close. This is almost trolling.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Hope springs eternal, as the poet once wrote. And, I get that. It's a lot more fun to think about winning streaks and playoffs than to dwell on losing and misery. The games are there for the taking. Just not sure how realistic it is to expect them to win all four. That's a pretty tall order. Lose just one and they're still under .500 going into Baltimore, where being two games under .500 becomes a distinct possibility. I'm keeping my optimism in check and await the outcome Sunday evening in the swamplands of New Jersey.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens likely win 11 or 12 games.

We'd need a 10-2 finish to win 11.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2024, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Hope springs eternal, as the poet once wrote.  And, I get that.  It's a lot more fun to think about winning streaks and playoffs than to dwell on losing and misery.  The games are there for the taking.  Just not sure how realistic it is to expect them to win all four.  That's a pretty tall order.  Lose just one and they're still under .500 going into Baltimore, where being two games under .500 becomes a distinct possibility.  I'm keeping my optimism in check and await the outcome Sunday evening in the swamplands of New Jersey.

We can beat the Giants and Browns. I guarantee they think they'll beat us too.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2024, 07:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We can beat the Giants and Browns. I guarantee they think they'll beat us too.

Yep, and for good reasons.  The Giants went into Seattle and came out with a w, something we've done once in our last five trips out there (our last win was in 2011, and the last one before that was in 1994).  And we know all too well Joe's career struggles versus the Stains.  Neither game will be easy.  
Reply/Quote
Last time the Bengals started 1-4 was 2019.
We went 2-14. lol
Ohhh and our D was better.
Reply/Quote
I don't really give a damn about winning the division or not.
It's AFCCG or bust, IMO.

Can this team beat the Chiefs, Texans, or Bills in primetime in the playoffs?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Zac Taylor 2023: 9 wins despite losing Burrow half the season
Zac Taylor 2024: 2-4 so far. If he can turn this into a playoff appearance, it will be impressive.

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2024, 08:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Last time the Bengals started 1-4 was 2019.
We went 2-14. lol
Ohhh and our D was better.

Maybe this year Zac will bench Joe on Andy's birthday.
Reply/Quote
Ok
Reply/Quote
The AFC Conference winners, by guess, would be Kansas City, Houston, Baltimore, and perhaps Buffalo.

The wild cards, of which 3 also qualify, are less certain.
Reply/Quote