Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Fire Zac Taylor right now..
Belichick has that paraphrase, if you ain't trying to cheat you ain't trying to win.

Do the bengals try to cheat? Kobe had the line it's not a foul if the refs don't see it.

Maybe the DL needs to start cheating somehow, OLs hold anyway.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He didn’t even have Tee on the field for that play. Which makes no sense in that situation even in 12 personnel. It was a bad look to throw Burrow under the bus like that no matter how you slice it.

He’s going to quickly lose the locker room with shit like that. Both Chase and Tee made comments after the game questioning the play calling in OT.

I'm just not seeing it that way.....the reporter asked him why they ran three times. He explained it. Looks like folks are trying to find something that isn't there to me. Do we know for sure which play, or are we speculating? How is giving your QB credit for switching out of a bad play call that you made throwing him under the bus? No locker room I've ever been a part of would have taken it that way....

We get a guy that's a little more open about how things go down, and fans bust his balls for it. Maybe he should just take a play out of the journalistic jargons playbook and not offer any insight. With the hyper critical social media atmosphere we have today, that's EXACTLY what I'd do. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course, Zac said Joe made the right call checking out of the run while he was "throwing him under the bus". 

If I had a nickel for every time a MB member asserted a Bengal coach has "lost the locker room"; I'd have a lot of nickels. 

This is mind boggling to me .....a guy admits a mistake, gives credit to another guy for rectifying his mistake, and that's somehow"throwing him under the bus". Absolutely mystifying to me. Of course, people are out there saying the government is targeting red states with hurricanes these days, so it shouldn't be *that* surprising I guess .....

Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: Belicheat is nothing without Brady

Good thing we have Joe Burrow then, and not the ghost of Cam Newton or Mac Jones.

It’s a moot point anyway though, as Belichick and the Browns/Blackburns would be like oil and water.

Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:31 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You know the ravens had the game won before they marched down the field for that FG.. you could have stuck a fork in it... it was over....

It was over after the interception. Lamar just extended it with a gift fumble. 

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm not so sure. I mean look at Lou his scheme will work if you have the right players to operate it. I feel like Zimmer put together better defense with less or equal talent than we have now. All teams or offenses need talent but Taylor had no success until he got Burrow and 2 good wide receivers. I think Taylor is underrated for his route concepts. But it all depends on the players being talented enough to get open and Burrow reading it. Then you add in his continued terrible situational football calls and it makes everything harder on the team. 

This is even wilder..... bending over backwards to defend a coach who's unit is absolute dogshit, while blasting a guy with a top 10 unit.  LMAO WTF?

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 06:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: The issue isn’t mcpherson
The issue isn’t the holder
It isn’t the play calling in that situation

We shouldn’t have been in this position to begin with.
The defense is trash.
Bates should have been retained.
Bell should have been retained.
Reader should have been retained.
These guys were the Burrow Chase and Higgins th of the D. It’s clear that Reader was the anchor of the D.

But it’s more than that. The team is lackluster. Something’s up behind the scenes. I’ve seen it too many times before, in various sports.

I don’t know that replacing the coaching staff is the answer. I don’t know that it isn’t.

I do know, given the parameters of our situation as a small market team, we MUST draft better.

Edit: it isn’t just a question of cap management. We are also a family owned team, so thete are cash flow issues as well. And that’s fine. I don’t mind us being a family business. I like it as opposed to faceless corporate entities. But given all this, scouting is all the more important.

I think we were all hoping Katie would break from the past and focus on this more… .

I’m kinda done with this bunch for the time being. I’ve discovered golf. I want to play well. Starting at age 58, means devoting time to it daily.

This. Right. Here. Absolutely 100% agree.

Reply/Quote
(7 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: This is even wilder..... bending over backwards to defend a coach who's unit is absolute dogshit, while blasting a guy with a top 10 unit.  LMAO WTF?

I'm sorry probably didn't word that well. I meant Lous scheme is dependent on the players he has to have the right players for his scheme. Where as a guy like Zimmer seemed to make things work with whatever he had. Certainly not defending Lou I was using it as an example talent > coaching. I definitely think Taylor has benefited from a bit of that as well.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 05:13 PM)Rsswes Wrote: This team will never have success. They suck. Always have. Always will. 

Honest question: then why are you here? Why are you a "fan" of the Bengals? Why are you a "fan" of a team that "will never have success"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Jets fired Salah this morning

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)pally Wrote: The Jets fired Salah this morning

cue Keanu Reeves "Whoa"
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

NYC sports radio, which I get, was eating Salah alive. 
Reply/Quote
(6 hours ago)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm sorry probably didn't word that well. I meant Lous scheme is dependent on the players he has to have the right players for his scheme. Where as a guy like Zimmer seemed to make things work with whatever he had. Certainly not defending Lou I was using it as an example talent > coaching. I definitely think Taylor has benefited from a bit of that as well.

Ok ....that makes more sense. I was like "WTF"?  LMAO

Yes, I agree with you about Zac too. The only thing that seemed to hinder him was offensive line play. Now, the team is getting just decent line play and the offense is humming. Figures, defense has totally sunk when they do. It's bad development/drafting, and bad scheme on defense it appears.

Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)Nepa Wrote: NYC sports radio, which I get, was eating Salah alive. 

I had a birthday dinner for my daughter Sunday, so all I paid any attention to was Cincinnati, and had the second half DVRd. What happened in New York Sunday to get him axed? 

Reply/Quote

I'd call him up and hire him in as a defensive consultant for the rest of the season. Before anyone says make him DC, there is no way to install a whole new scheme during the season. He could however provide some perspective as an outside set of eyes on tweaks and adjustments we could make to "maybe" get some better results.
Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: I had a birthday dinner for my daughter Sunday, so all I paid any attention to was Cincinnati, and had the second half DVRd. What happened in New York Sunday to get him axed? 

I heard Aaron Rodgers played like Zach Wilson. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Saleh had very undisciplined defenses in ny. The grass isn’t greener with saleh

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)Wyche Wrote: I had a birthday dinner for my daughter Sunday, so all I paid any attention to was Cincinnati, and had the second half DVRd. What happened in New York Sunday to get him axed? 

Well, it's New York fans. It's like a whole city of Tonys. In essence, the Jet fans expected a Super Bowl run with a healthy Rogers and a dominant defense and find themselves with only 2 wins. Boomer Esiason, who has a show on NYC radio, reported that Rogers thought Saleh was clueless. Fans thought he was terrible at second-half adjustments and getting the team ready for their opponents and offensive play calls. 
Reply/Quote

You mean in Tottenham Wink

Sorry, I'm not calling Saleh some miracle worker or anything, but Rodgers played like Dogshit and he is no longer a QB that elevates randos. Statistically, that was one of the worst games this year by a QB.

Rodgers somehow looks like he was trying to pit sides against each other, with pushing off Saleh a couple of weeks ago, then yelling at him last week, etc.

The truth will be in how the team plays the rest of the way: I personally feel they will be an 8-9 win team at the absolute best.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)Nepa Wrote: Well, it's New York fans. It's like a whole city of Tonys. In essence, the Jet fans expected a Super Bowl run with a healthy Rogers and a dominant defense and find themselves with only 2 wins. Boomer Esiason, who has a show on NYC radio, reported that Rogers thought Saleh was clueless. Fans thought he was terrible at second-half adjustments and getting the team ready for their opponents and offensive play calls. 

Gotcha. That makes sense, regarding that fanbase. The pressure got to the front office it seems.

(4 hours ago)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You mean in Tottenham Wink

Sorry, I'm not calling Saleh some miracle worker or anything, but Rodgers played like Dogshit and he is no longer a QB that elevates randos. Statistically, that was one of the worst games this year by a QB.

Rodgers somehow looks like he was trying to pit sides against each other, with pushing off Saleh a couple of weeks ago, then yelling at him last week, etc.

The truth will be in how the team plays the rest of the way: I personally feel they will be an 8-9 win team at the absolute best.

Yeah, forgot about that being the early UK game. 

I saw the clips of Rodgers being a douche.... that's new isn't it? Ninja

I thought they'd be a better team than this, but then that all hinged on Aaron not being washed. 

Reply/Quote