Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Will Win AFC North This Season
(10-08-2024, 06:59 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We had 9 last year and missed. 

6 teams went 9-8 in 2023 and 5 of them didn't make the playoffs.
4 teams went 9-8 in 2022 and 2 of them didn't make the playoffs. 
5 teams went 9-8 in 2021 and 4 of them didn't make the playoffs.
That's 26.7% over the last 3 years for a 9-8 record making the playoffs.

Think you need 10 to have any degree of comfort, even more so considering we're already 0-3 in the AFC, so we're almost certainly not going to win that tiebreaker. So a 9-3 finish.

Yeah, you have to think 10 + a good conference record for tiebreakers, at minimum. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think we split with the Stains (may drop 2)
Split w the Stoolers (may drop 2)
Lose again to the Rat Turds
Philly and the Cowboys are as flaky as we are so may win or lose both

“Probable” Wins:
Titans
Giants
Raiders
Chargers

I can see an 8-9 season Sad
Reply/Quote
If the Dline can stay healthy and generate just a bit of pressure and part of the team meeting focused on just doing your job and tackling better rather than worrying about forcing turnovers, they can improve enough that the offense can carry them. Right now, the 7th seed is the only thing anyone should be focusing on. Recent history says they can win PO games on the road, so just get it and take it from there. 

I know 3rd down stops have been a problem this year, but what is making that problem bigger is not getting stops on 2nd down that make the 3rd down tougher. I lost count this year on how many times a 2nd and long (8-15yds) turned into a 3rd and 1 or 2. You make your job so much easier when you're not giving the other team manageable 3rd downs.

As a side note to the 'doing your job', the 4th and 16 against the Chiefs wouldn't have looked so bad on the rookie if Geno Stone had just stayed in his zone and not tried to jump a shorter route and get waaaay out of position, leaving Anthony out to dry.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2024, 01:06 PM)Whacked Wrote: I think we split with the Stains (may drop 2)
Split w the Stoolers (may drop 2)
Lose again to the Rat Turds
Philly and the Cowboys are as flaky as we are so may win or lose both

“Probable” Wins:
Titans
Giants
Raiders
Chargers

I can see an 8-9 season Sad

Believe that's what I selected in my predict the record thread right after the NE game.  

I didn't expect them to take me seriously Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2024, 11:32 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: As easy as it is to say the defense, logically you could say our offense isn’t as good next time around. Just ask who is the better team? This year is Baltimore. Any given Sunday, so it was a close game. We play them 10 times and we’re losing 7 of them

Depends on if Burrow is healthy, yeah, if Burrow is hurt we lose especially if our Defense is playing like this.

We should of won this last game with Burrow if not for a bad hold. Last season we were leading when Burrow went down and he was 
hurt the first game we played them.

(10-12-2024, 08:57 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed. Very similar scheme to the KC game. Tight defense in the red zone with the shorter field. 3 turnovers by defense in KC game. Just could't stop the Ravens two-headed run game.

The goal line stand in the first drive of the Panthers game was beautiful. 

For us to win, the offense cannot turn the ball over. The KC and Baltimore games were lost due to late offense turnovers.  

Truth, cannot turn the ball over against the Ravens like that and cannot let Henry loose on the edge like we did in OT.

With KC our Defense played much better and made Mahomes play one of his worst games of his career. There have been flashes like the 
goal line stand against the Panthers like you said. If we can iron things out we can still win the North no question.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2024, 04:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Believe that's what I selected in my predict the record thread right after the NE game.  

I didn't expect them to take me seriously Sad

lol. That one STILL stings. Arggg

Even 9 wins would be a mini-miracle at this point.
Reply/Quote
Just read that Chubb’s game back - is next week against us.

Imagine that Sad
Reply/Quote
LOL LOL They need to be thinking about top three overall draft pick. perhaps a QB that win the first 4 games of the season
Reply/Quote
1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Bengals
4. Brown

That's the final standings.
Reply/Quote
Star 
(10-13-2024, 05:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Bengals
4. Brown

That's the final standings.

why are we even watching now, just to see if lou sticks around? 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2024, 06:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why are we even watching now, just to see if lou sticks around? 

I hear there might be a '70s alternate uni.  You have to keep watching just for that alone. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2024, 06:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why are we even watching now, just to see if lou sticks around? 

All signs point to addiction.

“Hello. My name is Whacked. I’m an Addict”

Question is ….. am I addicted to the Bengals or … pain, let down and misery? Sad
Reply/Quote

I'm a fan of the team. I watch even when they have more losses than wins, bad seasons, etc.
Reply/Quote

We all want to know how they are going to lose this game. 

Do we turn Jones into the next elite QB? Do we lose because we can’t stop the run?  Do we lose because of a stupid penalty?   Do we lose because of a missed FG? 

I am dying to know, how we screw up this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2024, 06:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm a fan of the team. I watch even when they have more losses than wins, bad seasons, etc.

Yep, I drove down to and sat in that stadium many a time in crap weather when there was absolutely nothing on the line.  I always looked at it like it was a one-game season.  I'm here, just win today.  Make another team's fans feel like crap.  Give me a good memory before we start the off-season.  Etc.  
Reply/Quote
This cup cake schedule that everyone was talking about, has turned into a nightmare, of who can we even beat. People were saying 12-5, or 13-4 because we have a 4th place schedule.

I didn’t see any more than 8 or 9 wins, based on preseason and how the defense looked.
Reply/Quote
Bengals get out of New York Giants with a WIN....Bengals now 2-4.....Still 2 games behind Steelers and Ravens but plenty of season left and Bengals have 5 Division Games left.

You know you can spend your salary cap different ways.  Looks to me New York Giants put a lot of Cap Money on Defense with big name players across the board on Defense.  Giants are playing good D this season, not just Bengals game.  

On to Cleveland Browns struggling as Bengals try to climb to 3-4.   Cleveland should not be a trap game considering Cleveland has beat Joe Burrow era Bengals a lot.  Joe Burrow era Bengals owe Cleveland some Bengals Wins.  Like the NY Giants, Cleveland has some tough players on Defense.  

Cleveland week, and if Bengals come out of this at 3-4 on the season, and 1-1 in Division Games, they will be close to getting the car out of the ditch.  Bengals are a team that could be the hottest team in NFL second half of the season, That's how NFL is, the teams that get HOT in November and December playing great ball.  It's not the horse in the lead at the 1st quarter pole, it's the horse that comes down the back stretch and hits the finish line in front. We've seen Steelers do it to us a lot, Steelers looking out of the money most of season only to take Bengals going down the stretch.  Bengals have enough Super Bowl team left to shift into high gear, if they can climb to 3-4 and be almost out of the ditch and back on the race track.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Feel free to stop at any time....
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:36 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals get out of New York Giants with a WIN....Bengals now 2-4.....Still 2 games behind Steelers and Ravens but plenty of season left and Bengals have 5 Division Games left.

You know you can spend your salary cap different ways.  Looks to me New York Giants put a lot of Cap Money on Defense with big name players across the board on Defense.  Giants are playing good D this season, not just Bengals game.  

On to Cleveland Browns struggling as Bengals try to climb to 3-4.   Cleveland should not be a trap game considering Cleveland has beat Joe Burrow era Bengals a lot.  Joe Burrow era Bengals owe Cleveland some Bengals Wins.  Like the NY Giants, Cleveland has some tough players on Defense.  

Cleveland week, and if Bengals come out of this at 3-4 on the season, and 1-1 in Division Games, they will be close to getting the car out of the ditch.  Bengals are a team that could be the hottest team in NFL second half of the season, That's how NFL is, the teams that get HOT in November and December playing great ball.  It's not the horse in the lead at the 1st quarter pole, it's the horse that comes down the back stretch and hits the finish line in front. We've seen Steelers do it to us a lot, Steelers looking out of the money most of season only to take Bengals going down the stretch.  Bengals have enough Super Bowl team left to shift into high gear, if they can climb to 3-4 and be almost out of the ditch and back on the race track.

Well said Kev. I think we can do it. Honestly, I am kind of happy we aren't those teams that Marv had that started out fast and faded 
into the sunset before the Playoffs or got into the Playoffs and were one and done. Get hot at the right time in the mid to late stretch.

Funny how the stealers were so hot right out of the gate and now have lost 2 in a row lol
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said Kev. I think we can do it. Honestly, I am kind of happy we aren't those teams that Marv had that started out fast and faded 
into the sunset before the Playoffs or got into the Playoffs and were one and done. Get hot at the right time in the mid to late stretch.

Funny how the stealers were so hot right out of the gate and now have lost 2 in a row lol

I think they dominated the Raiders on Sunday. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote