Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Ode to Peter King
10 Things I Think I Think after 1/3rd of the season.

1. I think I miss having a workhorse back.
  2. I think Yoshi is a WR4, but the only reliable receiver we have outside of the BIG 2. Which means they still aren't prepared to lose TEE after seeing it coming for the last 2 years. Which brings me to....
  3. I think Chuck Fizzle has disappointed in both returns and any potential as a receiving option.
  4. I think Marion Hobby should be on the hot seat. Just not enough development from our draft picks.
  5. I think I expected more of an impact from Gesicki in the passing game.
  6. I think we should expect some rough starts for Mims, and should withhold judgement until after a full season.
  7. I think the rookie of the year on Offense is All, defense is Anthony.
  8. I think the Offensive MVP is Burrow.
  9. I think the Defensive MVP is Hendrickson.
  10. I think I'm interested in what you think after 1/3rd of the season has passed?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 09:50 AM)jj22 Wrote: 10 Things I Think I Think after 1/3rd of the season.

2. I think Yoshi is a WR4, but the only reliable receiver we have outside of the BIG 2. Which means they still aren't prepared to lose TEE after seeing it coming for the last 2 years. Which brings me to....
  3. I think Chuck Fizzle has disappointed in both returns and any potential as a receiving option.
  4. I think Marion Hobby should be on the hot seat. Just not enough development from our draft picks.
  6. I think we should expect some rough starts for Mims, and should withhold judgement until after a full season.
  10. I think I'm interested in what you think after 1/3rd of the season has passed?

I can get on board with most of that, and I will add that those all make much more sense than some of the over the top takes from last week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 09:50 AM)jj22 Wrote: 10 Things I Think I Think after 1/3rd of the season.

Just a reminder Joe Mixon never fumbled. At 20.78 mph had the fastest run of the weekend. He had 15 touches 132 yards.

But Isovias is nowhere near a finished product. Burton will emerge. We will miss Tee. Gesicki I’d agree about. I think he will have some good moments just not as many.

The bright spots?
Eric All. Yoshi has made some key grabs. Jenkins is going to emerge.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

I think I’m calling Titans and seeing if a late pick can bring back Tyler Boyd.
I think this team is getting healthier
I think the defense still tries to punch the ball too much
I think this team can make a run
Reply/Quote
I think that I think the RBs need more than 16 total carries per game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just a reminder Joe Mixon never fumbled. At 20.78 mph had the fastest run of the weekend. He had 15 touches 132 yards.

But Isovias is nowhere near a finished product. Burton will emerge. We will miss Tee. Gesicki I’d agree about. I think he will have some good moments just not as many.

The bright spots?
Eric All. Yoshi has made some key grabs. Jenkins is going to emerge.

Does Andre only seem to make plays when a play breaks down? I mean, obviously he makes them… but his tds and memorable plays are almost always off script and extended plays by burrow.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that I think the RBs need more than 16 total carries per game.

The bengals running backs put the ball on the ground 12.5% of the carries last night.

Moss averaged 2.2 YPC
Until brown broke loose he was at 2.55 YPC

I think the bengals don’t run the ball well.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 11:02 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals running backs put the ball on the ground 12.5% of the carries last night.

Moss averaged 2.2 YPC

They don't have a #1 RB, imo. I like Moss okay and really like Brown but he's a really good Robin to a Batman. He's a do-it-all RB but to have a 15 plus carry back is needed that can make defenders hurt.They need a bruiser back there that can just fall forward for a couple of yards and, more importantly, a RB that can inflict some pain on defenders. There are physical backs out there in the 220-230 range that won't go down easily.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 11:02 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: The bengals running backs put the ball on the ground 12.5% of the carries last night.

Moss averaged 2.2 YPC

Of course they don’t run the ball well. Karras and cappa are fine, but they aren’t game changers on the interior

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Moss averaged 2.2 YPC

We definitely do not. It's been great to see Chase Brown emerge this year and in spells breaks a few runs. But I do feel like he'll only generally do so 'in spells'. I am higher on the run game than in some previous years though, I think it's at least a move in the right direction.

I think if you run the ball well, you'd be confident of running out the clock with the run game. Bengals up by 3 with the ball and need to run the clock for the win. Would you trust the run game to do so? I wouldn't and my guess is most people would say no as well. That to me is as sure a sign as any that the Bengals run game simply isn't that good.
Reply/Quote

Moss averaged 2.2 YPC

And they pay attention to efficiency numbers during the game as provided to them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:57 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Does Andre only seem to make plays when a play breaks down? I mean, obviously he makes them… but his tds and memorable plays are almost always off script and extended plays by burrow.

I think that’s a function of Joe’s tendency towards Tee & Chase and Zac too. But Joe missed him low in the end zone that wasn’t a broken play.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 11:33 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Of course they don’t run the ball well. Karras and cappa are fine, but they aren’t game changers on the interior

I'm not sure that Cappa is fine
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:57 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Does Andre only seem to make plays when a play breaks down?  I mean, obviously he makes them… but his tds and memorable plays are almost always off script and extended plays by burrow.

Carolina, had that great pass down the middle where he beat double coverage 

Bmore game, had that superb catch near the EZ
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just a reminder Joe Mixon never fumbled.

“Never” is incorrect. His fumble against the Chargers helped lose us that game a few years ago. He had a handful more here over the years, too. Seldomly fumbled would be more accurate.

Reply/Quote
I think Bengals will draft a workhorse RB next draft. They need to explore RG improvement. Mims should be okay.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think our Defense finally got healthy and now we go on a run...

McKinnley Jackson finally got his feet wet and we have a Nose Tackle and he even had 3 pressures last night. BJ Hill played like an
All Pro and Trey Hendrickson is one. Hubbard had another good game and I saw Murphy also getting some pressures and making
plays. DJ Turner is coming around.

On Offense...

The RB's need to learn how to hold onto the ball like Mixon and they should get more carries as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote

I think Kris Jenkins is the current best defensive rookie ...interested to see how McK J goes for rest of year now though - think he takes Tufele snaps going forward.

I think Gesicki will be around Uzomah no. of receptions ...at the start of the season it seemed like he'd be nearer Boyd receptions but All / Yoshi are chipping in.

I think Mims is absolutely fine and i am delighted one high linemen pick looks to have landed ... Prince, Reiff, Williams, Brown - if he stays fit we are good.

I don't miss having a workhorse back for now and like Chase Brown picking up more snaps as we go along.  However as we get into Nov/Dec be interesting to see if Z Moss gets leaned on more

Completely agree on Chuck Sizzle. really thought he was the Boyd replacement ...really feel we maybe invest a draft pick in a pure returner next year

I like Yoshi and would like to see them try and target him more downfield. I think there is more to come but clearly we do not have the tee replacement at this point
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 06:13 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I think Kris Jenkins is the current best defensive rookie ...interested to see how McK J goes for rest of year now though - think he takes Tufele snaps going forward.

I think Gesicki will be around Uzomah no. of receptions ...at the start of the season it seemed like he'd be nearer Boyd receptions but All / Yoshi are chipping in.

I think Mims is absolutely fine and i am delighted one high linemen pick looks to have landed ... Prince, Reiff, Williams, Brown - if he stays fit we are good.

I don't miss having a workhorse back for now and like Chase Brown picking up more snaps as we go along.  However as we get into Nov/Dec be interesting to see if Z Moss gets leaned on more

Completely agree on Chuck Sizzle. really thought he was the Boyd replacement ...really feel we maybe invest a draft pick in a pure returner next year

I like Yoshi and would like to see them try and target him more downfield. I think there is more to come but clearly we do not have the tee replacement at this point

Sorry man, but BJ Hill is the Bengals best DT, and it's not even close. Jenkins is doing fine, he just needs to keep growing and developing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Jones has been a total disaster. He was already an older prospect on top of it. I'd be surprised if they don't draft his replacement next year. Irwin hasn't done a thing either.
Reply/Quote