Defense Top 5
Mike Hilton 82.8
BJ Hill 79.8
Jordan Battle 73.7
Sam Hubbard 68.6
Germaine Pratt 68.5
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 01:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Offense Top 5
Joe Burrow 82.3
Tee Higgins 81.4
Jamar  Chase 71.1
Ted Kara's 70.6
Amarius Mims 68.0

Defense Top 5
Mike Hilton 82.8
BJ Hill 79.8
Jordan Battle 73.7
Sam Hubbard 68.6
Germaine Pratt 68.5

Giants DL was teeing off on Burrow last night. 4 sacks, 7 QB hits.
No wonder OBJ, Volson, and Cappa were under 68.

Chase Brown with 5.3 YPC last night and 5.5 on the season. He needs more touches.
Moss, by comparison, is averaging 3.6 YPC.
We may have gotten spoiled with the lack of fumbles by the former Bengal RBs in recent years, but last night's fumbles by Moss and Brown could have been game-changing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Zac Taylor 2023: 9 wins despite losing Burrow half the season
Zac Taylor 2024: 2-4 so far. If he can turn this into a playoff appearance, it will be impressive.

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stuff I've found interesting

Kris Jenkins has played 16 snaps at NT the past 2 games and Jackson has played 13.

3 out of the top 5 pass rushers were DTs. 8 pressures between Jackson(3), Hill(4), and Rankins(1).
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Giants DL was teeing off on Burrow last night. 4 sacks, 7 QB hits.

Chase Brown with 5.3 YPC last night and 5.5 on the season. He needs more touches.
We may have gotten spoiled with the lack of fumbles by the former Bengal RBs in recent years, but last night's fumbles by Moss and Brown could have been game-changing.

Moss was game changing; if he doesn't fumble we probably win more comfortably. The Giants tied the game up at 7 after that.
J24

Reply/Quote
Ted was going against maybe the best DT in the game last night as well. Way to go Ted.

Thought Mike Hilton had a good game but not as good as BJ Hill who was the player of the game IMO.

Loved seeing my guy in McKinnley Jackson finally playing and doing some good things. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 02:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ted was going against maybe the best DT in the game last night as well. Way to go Ted.

Thought Mike Hilton had a good game but not as good as BJ Hill who was the player of the game IMO.

Loved seeing my guy in McKinnley Jackson finally playing and doing some good things. Wink

Agreed.

Karras was getting pushed back to QB the first few plays, which concerned me. But he held up well.

Hilton played well, and so did Turner. The penalty aside, he played well and essentially ended the game with a great play. His speed is incredible.

Really encouraged by the middle of our D Line now. Great to see Jackson playing.

Although he doesn't show up on this PFF top-5 list, Hendrickson showed why he is one of the best. 2 sacks against Thomas is just fantastic.

Our defense is taking shape!
Reply/Quote
footage of Volson stepping on Joe's feet again

https://x.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1845885088535662765

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 04:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: footage of Volson stepping on Joe's feet again

https://x.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1845885088535662765

Not picking up a simple Burns stunt nearly got Burrow a concussion. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 04:20 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Not picking up a simple Burns stunt nearly got Burrow a concussion. 

Im still not sure how he has so much support from this board

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Good to see Mims among the Top 5 on O.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 03:51 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agreed.

Karras was getting pushed back to QB the first few plays, which concerned me. But he held up well.

Hilton played well, and so did Turner. The penalty aside, he played well and essentially ended the game with a great play. His speed is incredible.

Really encouraged by the middle of our D Line now. Great to see Jackson playing.

Although he doesn't show up on this PFF top-5 list, Hendrickson showed why he is one of the best. 2 sacks against Thomas is just fantastic.

Our defense is taking shape!

Well said XsandOs.  Cool 

Early on Ted looked like he was a bit overwhelmed but he adapted and played well against Lawrence which is rare for any Center.

DJ Turner's speed and fluid hips just cannot be taught, he has the talent to be an All Pro Corner down the road. Great to see him coming 
around. McKinnley Jackson showing some good things in his first snaps is really encouraging. Didn't expect him to be good right out of the
gate but to grow into a great run stopper like Reader down the road.

Trey once again is showing he is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Thomas is a damn good LT.

Finally getting healthy was bound to help this Defense out.
Reply/Quote
Why does it seem like the flags nearly always favor the opponents? I know all fans complain about this but really some of these flags are uncalled for yet other teams are free to grab and hold and nearly pull jerseys off? The hold on Volson was totally wrong, that was not holding. And the slam to the ground on Burrow? No flag, yet if that was PM it positively would have been.

The outcome of games should not be in the hands of the officials like they currently are. As it is now I would say the officials are correct on their calls about 50% of the time which is simply not adequate for what is at stake in these games. Or maybe, just maybe the league office wants it that way.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Giants DL was teeing off on Burrow last night. 4 sacks, 7 QB hits.

OBJ got toasted by Burns a few times. It was ugly!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 02:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Stuff I've found interesting

Kris Jenkins has played 16 snaps at NT the past 2 games and Jackson has played 13.

3 out of the top 5 pass rushers were DTs. 8 pressures between Jackson(3), Hill(4), and Rankins(1).

Oh wow, Jackson had 3 pressures? It looks like he only had 21 snaps overall. That's impressive!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 05:26 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Why does it seem like the flags nearly always favor the opponents? I know all fans complain about this but really some of these flags are uncalled for yet other teams are free to grab and hold and nearly pull jerseys off? The hold on Volson was totally wrong, that was not holding. And the slam to the ground on Burrow? No flag, yet if that was PM it positively would have been.

The outcome of games should not be in the hands of the officials like they currently are. As it is now I would say the officials are correct on their calls about 50% of the time which is simply not adequate for what is at stake in these games. Or maybe, just maybe the league office wants it that way.

Dude couldn’t have played that any cleaner.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said XsandOs.  Cool 

Early on Ted looked like he was a bit overwhelmed but he adapted and played well against Lawrence which is rare for any Center.

DJ Turner's speed and fluid hips just cannot be taught, he has the talent to be an All Pro Corner down the road. Great to see him coming 
around. McKinnley Jackson showing some good things in his first snaps is really encouraging. Didn't expect him to be good right out of the
gate but to grow into a great run stopper like Reader down the road.

Trey once again is showing he is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Thomas is a damn good LT.

Finally getting healthy was bound to help this Defense out.

Dj Turner has looked really good to me and seems to have taken a step forward. Definitely needed it with the Dax injury.
Reply/Quote

Thought this was funny. Love Alls attitude and play style.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 05:26 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Why does it seem like the flags nearly always favor the opponents? I know all fans complain about this but really some of these flags are uncalled for yet other teams are free to grab and hold and nearly pull jerseys off? The hold on Volson was totally wrong, that was not holding. And the slam to the ground on Burrow? No flag, yet if that was PM it positively would have been.

To be honest, the "ineligible player downfield" call on the Giants was a big call. That was a 56-yard gain by Slayton wiped out that might have changed the game. And the ineligible player wasn't involved in any way, just thought it might be a run on the RPO.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 05:36 PM)CJD Wrote: Oh wow, Jackson had 3 pressures? It looks like he only had 21 snaps overall. That's impressive!

Jackson is tagged with 4 total pressures on just 30 defensive snaps the past two games.
Probably not quite THAT sustainable, but he's played well in his limited snaps thus far.

I am curious to know how the Bengals plan to use Jenkins and Jackson in 2025 and beyond once Hill (and Rankins) will no longer be a Bengal.

Is Jenkins going to rotate with Jackson long-term, or is the plan for them to play next to each other on significant snaps?
That will heavily impact the draft plans in the next year or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Zac Taylor 2023: 9 wins despite losing Burrow half the season
Zac Taylor 2024: 2-4 so far. If he can turn this into a playoff appearance, it will be impressive.

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 05:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
Thought this was funny. Love Alls attitude and play style.

I love the way All treats every man he blocks, as if he slapped his sister.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote