Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Ode to Peter King
(10-14-2024, 10:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just a reminder Joe Mixon never fumbled. At 20.78 mph had the fastest run of the weekend. He had 15 touches 132 yards.

But Isovias is nowhere near a finished product. Burton will emerge. We will miss Tee. Gesicki I’d agree about. I think he will have some good moments just not as many.

The bright spots?
Eric All. Yoshi has made some key grabs. Jenkins is going to emerge.

Yeah i think Jenkins is gonna be a stud for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 11:33 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Of course they don’t run the ball well. Karras and cappa are fine, but they aren’t game changers on the interior

BINGO!!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 06:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry man, but BJ Hill is the Bengals best DT, and it's not even close. Jenkins is doing fine, he just needs to keep growing and developing.

Pretty sure he said best *rookie defender.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think our Defense finally got healthy and now we go on a run...

McKinnley Jackson finally got his feet wet and we have a Nose Tackle and he even had 3 pressures last night. BJ Hill played like an
All Pro and Trey Hendrickson is one. Hubbard had another good game and I saw Murphy also getting some pressures and making
plays. DJ Turner is coming around.

On Offense...

The RB's need to learn how to hold onto the ball like Mixon and they should get more carries as the season goes on.

Jackson got good, but not consistent penetration last night and even on a negative play like the TD, he pushed two guys out of their gaps, in the the path of the RB (just a tad too late to stop the TD), but that was a Reader-esque play, was great to see.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think our Defense finally got healthy and now we go on a run...

McKinnley Jackson finally got his feet wet and we have a Nose Tackle and he even had 3 pressures last night. BJ Hill played like an
All Pro and Trey Hendrickson is one. Hubbard had another good game and I saw Murphy also getting some pressures and making
plays. DJ Turner is coming around.

On Offense...

The RB's need to learn how to hold onto the ball like Mixon and they should get more carries as the season goes on.

It's about time to see more from Murphy.  Not much bang for our first round buck so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:30 PM)samhain Wrote: It's about time to see more from Murphy.  Not much bang for our first round buck so far.

I know the Giants have a pair of good OT’s, but Murphy might as well have been on the bench with how far he was from the QB all night.

[Image: GZ0fjTlWkAggohQ?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:43 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Just a reminder Joe Mixon never fumbled. At 20.78 mph had the fastest run of the weekend. He had 15 touches 132 yards.

But Isovias is nowhere near a finished product. Burton will emerge. We will miss Tee. Gesicki I’d agree about. I think he will have some good moments just not as many.

The bright spots?
Eric All. Yoshi has made some key grabs. Jenkins is going to emerge.

Mixon could never block either, so the never fumble vs cant block evens out.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:47 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mixon could never block either, so the never fumble vs cant block evens out.

He’s staying in on third down there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 06:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry man, but BJ Hill is the Bengals best DT, and it's not even close. Jenkins is doing fine, he just needs to keep growing and developing.

Well he said best defensive rookie, not best DT...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 10:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jackson got good, but not consistent penetration last night and even on a negative play like the TD, he pushed two guys out of their gaps, in the the path of the RB (just a tad too late to stop the TD), but that was a Reader-esque play, was great to see.

Hey, any pressures from a Nose Tackle is gravy. For him to be pushing a couple good O-lineman out of their gaps already shows he has 
the strength to compete in the NFL as a rookie which for me is also gravy. Reader wasn't good as a rookie, it took time, for McKinnley to 
already show some good things makes me really feel good as I wanted him before we drafted him and over T'Vondre Sweat who many 
were clamoring for who I thought was overrated in the Draft.

(10-14-2024, 10:30 PM)samhain Wrote: It's about time to see more from Murphy.  Not much bang for our first round buck so far.

True, he needs to come around and show he is the future Hubbard replacement.

(10-14-2024, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know the Giants have a pair of good OT’s, but Murphy might as well have been on the bench with how far he was from the QB all night.

[Image: GZ0fjTlWkAggohQ?format=jpg&name=medium]

Eh, man that doesn't make me feel good. Thought I saw better of him in this game, maybe it was somebody else.

Damn brewskie goggles. Mellow

(Yesterday, 12:47 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mixon could never block either, so the never fumble vs cant block evens out.

True, still get that ball security down both of you RB's....

Also, saw Moss get beat on a blitz pickup against the Giants.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well he said best defensive rookie, not best DT...

Yeah, I read that one too quickly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think this team is going to severly miss Tee after this year (if they dont tag him again). Offense looks completely different with him and without him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 02:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I read that one too quickly.

I thought so brother.

(Yesterday, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this team is going to severly miss Tee after this year (if they dont tag him again). Offense looks completely different with him and without him.

Maybe, I like our TE's but I agree that Tee when he plays like this will be sorely missed if we cannot find a way to replace what he brings
which could be really hard to replace. Those clutch hands with his size have been awesome this season, way better than last year so far.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are in a perfect cap position to stave off a continued decline going into next offseason, but will they?

I think there's not excuse to NOT sign BOTH Tee and Chase.

My girlfriend thinks Trrey Hendrickson looks like a Teddy bear, so that's what i;m going to call him from now on.
Reply/Quote