Ted Kara's 70.6
Amarius Mims 68.0

Defense Top 5
Mike Hilton 82.8
BJ Hill 79.8
Jordan Battle 73.7
Sam Hubbard 68.6
Germaine Pratt 68.5

I'm surprised Mims graded that high, he got beat a lot it seems. (not criticizing, he is a rookie and I suspect will be great) It just seems like I remember seeing a lot of pressure coming off the right side.
Reply/Quote
Brian Burns has it made with Dexter Lawrence. Teams HAVE to slide the center to Dex every snap which creates 1 on 1s on the backside for Brian Burns. Both guards struggled passing off the 1 on 1 stunts.

Side Note: McKinnley Jackson looked promising speed to power and was able to shed blocks. A DL with a non-stop motor is always welcome.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jenkins and Jackson both have looked like they belong. This is important as our past issue has been lack of good rotation - the players behind the starters were not good.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Brian Burns has it made with Dexter Lawrence. Teams HAVE to slide the center to Dex every snap which creates 1 on 1s on the backside for Brian Burns. Both guards struggled passing off the 1 on 1 stunts.

Side Note: McKinnley Jackson looked promising speed to power and was able to shed blocks. A DL with a non-stop motor is always welcome.

I'm really happy that they changed Jackson's number to 93. #68 was an ugly number for a DT haha. I am much happier to see a 93 terrorizing QBs again :)
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 10:45 AM)CJD Wrote: I'm really happy that they changed Jackson's number to 93. #68 was an ugly name for a DT haha. I am much happier to see a 93 terrorizing QBs again :)

Yes, big man needs a big number.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1729000125190252.jpg]
look at that guard grade

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 05:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude couldn’t have played that any cleaner.

Agreed, but Mahomes would've gotten the call.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 01:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Offense Top 5
Joe Burrow 82.3
Tee Higgins 81.4
Jamar  Chase 71.1
Ted Kara's 70.6
Amarius Mims 68.0

Defense Top 5
Mike Hilton 82.8
BJ Hill 79.8
Jordan Battle 73.7
Sam Hubbard 68.6
Germaine Pratt 68.5

Interesting to see Battles grade after finally getting some playing time. Hopefully this warrants more. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:19 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: [Image: 1729000125190252.jpg]
look at that guard grade

Volson has a 56.9 pass block rating this year. The Chiefs game absolutely crushed his PFF rating. He had an awful game against Chris Jones and scored an 11. Other than that game hes been absolutely fine. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Volson has a 56.9 pass block rating this year. The Chiefs game absolutely crushed his PFF rating. He had an awful game against Chris Jones and scored an 11. Other than that game hes been absolutely fine. 

Other than stepping on our qb constantly, sure

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Volson has a 56.9 pass block rating this year. The Chiefs game absolutely crushed his PFF rating. He had an awful game against Chris Jones and scored an 11. Other than that game hes been absolutely fine. 

Yeah PFF does stuff like that. Then they also have favorites - Mims got punked several times Monday night but they were lenient in his score. Its part of why PFF scores are unreliable - no consistency across players and teams. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah PFF does stuff like that. Then they also have favorites - Mims got punked several times Monday night but they were lenient in his score. Its part of why PFF scores are unreliable - no consistency across players and teams. 

Some of their ratings puzzle me and are difficult to rationalize. One thing that does seem to be consistent is that they hit OL hard for penalties.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some of their ratings puzzle me and are difficult to rationalize. One thing that does seem to be consistent is that they hit OL hard for penalties.

Their OL rankings have left me scratching my head several times....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 11:19 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: [Image: 1729000125190252.jpg]
look at that guard grade

Hey, our center is better than Frank Ragnow
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah PFF does stuff like that. Then they also have favorites - Mims got punked several times Monday night but they were lenient in his score. Its part of why PFF scores are unreliable - no consistency across players and teams. 

or perhaps he was better overall than volson? youre implying they have a personal bias against volson, and they favor mims because...

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, our center is better than Frank Ragnow

Hasn't he been out most of the year with a pec injury?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 12:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Other than stepping on our qb constantly, sure

You act like that doesn't happen with pretty much every offensive lineman in the league. It's football. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some of their ratings puzzle me and are difficult to rationalize. One thing that does seem to be consistent is that they hit OL hard for penalties.

I actually think their lineman ratings are some of the best that they do tbh. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You act like that doesn't happen with pretty much every offensive lineman in the league. It's football. 

it's a pattern with volson now

Reply/Quote

Does stuff like what? He graded at an 11 because he had an awful game. We all saw it. 

You legit think that PFF has some kind of bias towards certain players? I kind of find that hard to believe. 
Reply/Quote