Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Giants game
(Yesterday, 01:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's a pattern with volson now

Two times in threes years that we can recall. Look out. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Two times in threes years that we can recall. Look out. 

its also more than just hitting burrow

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Here is the full grading if anyone cares:

Screenshot-2024-10-15-123730

Screenshot-2024-10-15-123753
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Here is the full grading if anyone cares:

Screenshot-2024-10-15-123730

Screenshot-2024-10-15-123753

That pass block grade for OBJ seems a little high to me.... that's one of those instances where I don't really understand their metrics. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: That pass block grade for OBJ seems a little high to me.... that's one of those instances where I don't really understand their metrics. 

I remember him whiffing bad once on Burns. I wasn't watching the gamea super in depth, though. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I remember him whiffing bad once on Burns. I wasn't watching the gamea super in depth, though. 

I wasn't watching that closely either, but I remember Burns beating him a few times besides that one really bad one....Joe managed to escape. Oh well, I'm not paid to grade, and they are ....maybe I'm just missing things that they are not and seeing things they aren't. I think they're a good gauge for the most part in how a guy plays, just some scores on the line I don't understand from time to time. 

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wasn't watching that closely either, but I remember Burns beating him a few times besides that one really bad one....Joe managed to escape. Oh well, I'm not paid to grade, and they are ....maybe I'm just missing things that they are not and seeing things they aren't. I think they're a good gauge for the most part in how a guy plays, just some scores on the line I don't understand from time to time. 

It'd be really cool if they had a play by play breakdown that you could drill into. They arent there yet, though. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It'd be really cool if they had a play by play breakdown that you could drill into. They arent there yet, though. 

That would be nice for sure. 

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 02:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: That would be nice for sure. 

There is more nuance to their grading (really good plays/bad plays can be worth 1.5 or two points or negative 1.5 or two points), but at a high-level, what I think some folks don't understand is that if an OL has 60 snaps, and two of those snaps are bad, there are still 58 other snaps that are good. 

So if at the simplest look at it, 58/60 plays could come out to a 96 grade. As I mentioned, there is more nuance to their grading system but if you think of it like this, it might help you understand their grades a bit better. 

It works the other way too. Fans might see a CB have a great PBU and an interception, but if you look at their other 50 plays, it was bad. 
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You act like that doesn't happen with pretty much every offensive lineman in the league. It's football. 

(Yesterday, 01:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Two times in threes years that we can recall. Look out. 

Goodberry pointed out that he’s also got tangled up with his line mates a little more than normal over the years.

Reply/Quote
For those wondering why Mims graded out higher than they expected, he actually had a lot of good reps.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2024, 04:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im still not sure how he has so much support from this board

He’s lost mine
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote