Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reminder - CFP format changes this year
In case anyone didn't realize it's already upon us, this college postseason will have triple the number of teams compared to previous years - 12!

Quote:How CFP teams are selected under new format
The new 12-team College Football Playoff field will include the five highest-ranked conference champions, which will receive automatic bids. The seven highest-ranked teams remaining will round out the 12-team format.

The top four teams will receive a first-round bye to the quarterfinals.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2024-08-29/how-12-team-college-football-playoff-will-work-teams-schedule-bids#:~:text=The%20new%2012-team%20College,round%20bye%20to%20the%20quarterfinals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Zac Taylor 2023: 9 wins despite losing Burrow half the season
Zac Taylor 2024: 2-4 so far. If he can turn this into a playoff appearance, it will be impressive.

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It'll definitely be entertaining to have a full month of CFB Playoff games to enjoy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Army and Navy are really interesting stories. Both are undefeated. In the past, neither team would have had a shot, but both are now top 25. Each still has Notre Dame to play as well as each other.
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for Vandy so hard to find a way to make this playoff lol.
Very hard to believe they're 4-2 right now.
They still have Texas, LSU, and Tennessee on their schedule, so more upsets could come!
Zac Taylor 2024: 2-4 so far. If he can turn this into a playoff appearance, it will be impressive.

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:04 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Army and Navy are really interesting stories. Both are undefeated.  In the past, neither team would have had a shot, but both are now top 25.    Each still has Notre Dame to play as well as each other.

Here's hoping ND loses both.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm rooting for Vandy so hard to find a way to make this playoff lol.
They still have Texas, LSU, and Tennessee on their schedule, so more upsets could come!

I wouldn't bet on them beating Texas.  It took Ewers a couple of quarters to knock off the rust, but they are a friggin juggernaut with a defense that stifles the run and the pass.
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: I wouldn't bet on them beating Texas.  It took Ewers a couple of quarters to knock off the rust, but they are a friggin juggernaut with a defense that stifles the run and the pass.

That is impressive, seeing how both of their starting DTs were drafted.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm rooting for Vandy so hard to find a way to make this playoff lol.

Would absolutely be cool, but that's a gauntlet.

I'm still holding out hope for a MAC team to make it, though the Falcons are out at this point  Cry
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(Yesterday, 01:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: I wouldn't bet on them beating Texas.  It took Ewers a couple of quarters to knock off the rust, but they are a friggin juggernaut with a defense that stifles the run and the pass.

I'm not betting on Vandy to beat any ranked team, just rooting for them to lol

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I'm rooting for IU i think they have a good chance of going 11-1 and might finish in the top 12
Reply/Quote