Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill all over NFL
Haven't posted in awhile but was looking on NFL.com and seen some stuff on Jeremy Hill
http://www.nfl.com/jeremyhill
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-podcasts/0ap3000000672797/Jeremy-Hill-focused-on-redemption-in-2016
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 04:09 AM)OkamiW Wrote: Haven't posted in awhile but was looking on NFL.com and seen some stuff on Jeremy Hill
http://www.nfl.com/jeremyhill
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-podcasts/0ap3000000672797/Jeremy-Hill-focused-on-redemption-in-2016

I assume those videos are links to when he was on NFL HQ and Total Access yesterday, which I was going to post about them, but just didn't see much to them.

I'm definitely pumped that he's excited for the season and wants redemption, and they hinted at the fumble with things like "disappointing way the season ended," but I don't think they ever just flat-out said "you fumbled when the game was locked up."

I wanted him to say "I've been working on keeping two hands on the ball and there will be ZERO fumbles this year."
Reply/Quote
I wasn't a huge fan of this, for various reasons.

Question: Hue [Jackson] is definitely an emotional guy who got us up and ready to play every game.

Hill's Answer: "There wasn't a game where we came out flat or we came out not knowing what to do. He made sure every game we were up emotionally and mentally prepared to go out there and handle the task at hand. You know, I think that's going to be a big piece missing from us, but I think Coach Ken Zampese can pick up where we left off. I think we'll be ready"
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 01:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wasn't a huge fan of this, for various reasons.

Question: Hue [Jackson] is definitely an emotional guy who got us up and ready to play every game.

Hill's Answer: "There wasn't a game where we came out flat or we came out not knowing what to do. He made sure every game we were up emotionally and mentally prepared to go out there and handle the task at hand. You know, I think that's going to be a big piece missing from us, but I think Coach Ken Zampese can pick up where we left off. I think we'll be ready"

Not surprised at all. We all should know it wasn't Marvin having the team prepared for the bright lights
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 12:58 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Not surprised at all. We all should know it wasn't Marvin having the team prepared for the bright lights

Well Hue didn't seem to do a good job getting them prepared for the bright lights.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 01:33 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well Hue didn't seem to do a good job getting them prepared for the bright lights.

Come on. Marvin is the only one to blame. Not the players or other staff. ALL MARVIN Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 01:33 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well Hue didn't seem to do a good job getting them prepared for the bright lights.

Aside from the Texans game, we actually played fairly well under the lights. We never got blown out like usual. It was a refreshing change.

I realize the overall struggles on national broadcasts aren't only Marvin but... He's been here 13 years and what's his overall primetime/playoff record? He's not entirely to blame obviously, but the team in primetime has consistently looked lost and pitiful during his tenure. We've all seen it and b*****d about it for years. Now with Hill's comments and the loss of Hue, I'll remain skeptical until the team consistently thrives in primetime.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 03:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Aside from the Texans game, we actually played fairly well under the lights. We never got blown out like usual. It was a refreshing change.

I realize the overall struggles on national broadcasts aren't only Marvin but... He's been here 13 years and what's his overall primetime/playoff record? He's not entirely to blame obviously, but the team in primetime has consistently looked lost and pitiful during his tenure. We've all seen it and b*****d about it for years. Now with Hill's comments and the loss of Hue, I'll remain skeptical until the team consistently thrives in primetime.

Loss of Hue sucks for sure... just seemed to me that Hill was already discrediting Zampese by the slightest bit. Probably without even realizing it.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 01:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wasn't a huge fan of this, for various reasons.

If they can't get up emotionally and mentally for every game i don't know what to say.

It is the NFL and every fricking game counts. You go out there trying to win them all.

Hill needs to get his shit together cause Gio will be taking even more snaps if he continues what he did last year.

It was very disapointing after his great rookie season to say the least. He has all the talent in the world but he was
tentative last year and it showed on game day.

Hue sure helped him last year get up for games. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 03:07 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Come on. Marvin is the only one to blame. Not the players or other staff. ALL MARVIN Sarcasm

Not trying to sound like a smartass here, but is there any other commonality for all 7 playoff losses other than Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis?
Reply/Quote
For all the flac that's been given (including myself), Jeremy really was a beast in the red zone last season.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 07:05 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: For all the flac that's been given (including myself), Jeremy really was a beast in the red zone last season.

True. Gotta give the dude a little credit there...
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2016, 11:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I assume those videos are links to when he was on NFL HQ and Total Access yesterday, which I was going to post about them, but just didn't see much to them.

I'm definitely pumped that he's excited for the season and wants redemption, and they hinted at the fumble with things like "disappointing way the season ended," but I don't think they ever just flat-out said "you fumbled when the game was locked up."

I wanted him to say "I've been working on keeping two hands on the ball and there will be ZERO fumbles this year."

I said this somewhere else and I will say it again, Hill needs to focus less on thre 'attention getting Chad Johnson foolishness' in the end zones, and more on holding on to the football.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2016, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not trying to sound like a smartass here, but is there any other commonality for all 7 playoff losses other than Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis?

Yeah, right.  We didn't lose a single playoff game in over a decade before Marvin arrived, and now we have lost 7 in 11 years.

Plus just look at all the playoff games Hue won when he was not with the Bengals.  Or Leslie Frazier, or Jay Gruden, or Mike Zimmer.

Clearly Marvin is the only one to blame.
Reply/Quote
Some act AS IF there's some magical thing a coach can say or do to prepare someone for bigger games vs regular games and I'm not convinced there is or ever was. They either win or don't. Look, almost every player in the NFL comes from successful high school and college games and when they turn pro it isn't as if they just magically forget how to win or play..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2016, 02:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Some act AS IF there's some magical thing a coach can say or do to prepare someone for bigger games vs regular games and I'm not convinced there is or ever was. They either win or don't. Look, almost every player in the NFL comes from successful high school and college games and when they turn pro it isn't as if they just magically forget how to win or play..
You gotta "coach em up" sometimes...

I agree. These are professionals. If they need all of this rah rah stuff that people complained that Dalton didn't do, then I don't know what to tell them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2016, 02:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Some act AS IF there's some magical thing a coach can say or do to prepare someone for bigger games vs regular games and I'm not convinced there is or ever was. They either win or don't. Look, almost every player in the NFL comes from successful high school and college games and when they turn pro it isn't as if they just magically forget how to win or play..

It comes down to overall game planning, play calling, assignment match ups, halftime adjustments and/or in-game adjustments...

We rarely seem to be on the winning end for any of those aspects during primetime.
Reply/Quote
Didn't really see anything wrong with what Hill said. Especially when it came to losing Hue.

Players pretty much said the same thing whenever Zimmer left. Only difference is what Hill's last play was.

I get it, Hill had a terrible play. But I like how he's moving forward and wanting to get better. That's what we need, someone who's willing to learn from their mistakes and get better.

Dalton did it. Hill can do it too.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't want Hill to lose his spunk. A downhill runner with a little swag at the end of it.

Leave jumping to the outside to Bernard.

Reply/Quote
Anyone can say those words of ..whatever fans expect athletes to say. They're just words. I could really care less about what words he chooses during an interview as long as it's not GO STEELERS or something like that..
He didn't say anything out of the ordinary.
What I really want to see it on the field during the season and in playoffs games. As far as the interview..ehh..sounded a bit rehearsed, but most players do sound rehearsed. He doesn't get paid the big bucks for interviews.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote