Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi, Kroft, Fisher, Jones, Burkhead, TJ Johnson all full go in practice
All these guys back full go at practice.

Dennard still listed as "limited" but taking part in all drills.

Pat Sims is not practicing but expected to be "ready by Thursday". That does not sound good for Sunday. Looks like with DeShawn Williams our ony health back up DT we will see a lot of Hunt playing inside.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All these guys back full go at practice.

Pat Sims is not practicing but expected to be "ready by Thursday".  That does not sound good for Sunday.  Looks like with DeShawn Williams our ony health back up DT we will see a lot of Hunt playing inside.

prefer hunt inside....

Sims is dealing with a sore Achilles I believe.

good everyone else is back though.
Reply/Quote
What happened to Thompson and how long is he out?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All these guys back full go at practice.

Pat Sims is not practicing but expected to be "ready by Thursday".  That does not sound good for Sunday.  Looks like with DeShawn Williams our ony health back up DT we will see a lot of Hunt playing inside.

Hunt looked much better on pass rushing last preseason game. Albeit against second team players. 

Yet his run stopping is atrocious still. Scary thought him getting substantial playing time. Oh well, will see exactly what he is made of now and like stated this is scary. 

Would have thought Bengals would have went FA shopping at DT position. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:45 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What happened to Thompson and how long is he out?

PUP.

He is eligible to return after week 7, but the Bengals would actually have three more weeks to watch him practice before they have to release him or place him on the 53 man roster.  

Hardison and Billings are on IR and out for the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would have thought Bengals would have went FA shopping at DT position. 

If Sims is only out a week then there would not have been any room for another DT.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: PUP.

He is eligible to return after week 7, but the Bengals would actually have three more weeks to watch him practice before they have to release him or place him on the 53 man roster.  

What happened to Hardison? I totally missed that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I also heard Eifert returned to practice, him and dennard were sparring with boxing gloves (I am not joking)
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:01 PM)Gohards Wrote: I also heard Eifert returned to practice, him and dennard were sparring with boxing gloves (I am not joking)

Eifert in his new practice jersey

[Image: 6104NPRST1L.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Eifert in his new practice jersey

Footage of Eiferts first game back... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1nIKxP5alY

(idk how to insert a video correctly, I'm a lazy noob)
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 12:57 PM)jason Wrote: What happened to Hardison? I totally missed that.

Shoulder injury 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Eifert in his new practice jersey

The boy in the plastic bubble all grows up?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 01:01 PM)Gohards Wrote: I also heard Eifert returned to practice, him and dennard were sparring with boxing gloves (I am not joking)

I am not even trying to be a smart ass here... if there are two guys on this team that I would think you don't want boxing it is Eifert and Dennard.  Neither can make it through a season without injury as it is.
Reply/Quote
Did Wright reinjure his knee? Getting mixed messages.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 03:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am not even trying to be a smart ass here... if there are two guys on this team that I would think you don't want boxing it is Eifert and Dennard.  Neither can make it through a season without injury as it is.

This was mentioned before somewhere about the boxing sparring, but apparently the training is good for rehabbing the pectoral muscle since the same punching motion is used by defenders trying to jam receivers at the line.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: PUP.

TO ME,so far this pre-season Margus Hunt has been terrible.The guy is stiff,cannot bend his back to get down in time,allows the offense to hold onto him,cannot break away from blocks in time,is SLOW on his feet,reacts to everything way too slow to play on the line.Being strong and tall in the nfl is not always going to make you a good player.He does not have the cat attack mentality,and is just a terrible defensive player.He would be a much better blocker for the O-line because he would not have to run much and just react to the d-line.I hope release him when they find someone else.

And heres another thought,maybe the D-line coach thinks they can fix this guy.So far to me he is not even close to Bengal standards. CUT HIM.GET ME SOMEBODY NOW.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 11:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: prefer hunt inside....

Sims is dealing with a sore Achilles I believe.

good everyone else is back though.

We are weak on backup D-line,and it scares me big time.Too too many injuries,which seems to be the norm with our team year after year with the exception of last season.Seems like our Bengals are ALWAYS HURT,I MEAN ALWAYS.With the start of this season,here we are again with key guys out.Dennard has not played a full season and I have not seen enough of this guy to believe he can do anything so far.Good receivers are going to beat us bigtime with the long ball.Dre-Kirkpatrick is not good enough,he gets beat a lot and then draws the penalty for holding or pass interference.Adam Jones cannot do it all.Its just too too bad the Jackson kid got hurt and Andrew Billings before the season started.I mean I was so ready to watch that guy do his thing.He would have make our D a top 5.Now when Geno Atkins goes out for a blow,we have no one to match his intensity.This stuff worries me big time.

With being on the road in New York,on 9/11 and all that plus opening day and the crazy insane jet fans,I could easily see this being a bad bad day.However we are supposed to be the better team on talent,lets see if we are.
Reply/Quote
Sims was back today full go I believe
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote
We obviously need Dennard for depth badly. Can't believe we didn't pick anyone up.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: .Seems like our Bengals are ALWAYS HURT,I MEAN ALWAYS

According to Pro Football Outsiders the Bengals were the healthiest team in the league last year.
Reply/Quote