Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liked what I saw from WRs today
Liked what I saw from the WR corps today (Especially A.J. Green), thought LaFell made some key plays and Boyd got a couple of nice catches. Overall nice day from the Bengals WR corps, even though I wanted to see some Cody Core but he was inactive, oh well.

A.J. Green: 180 Yards, 1 TD
Brandon LaFell: 91 Yards
Tyler Boyd: 23 Yards

Thoughts on the performance by the receivers?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I know he's not a WR but Uzomah played well. He could have had almost 80 yards and a TD if Dalton would have made that throw. I think when Eifert and Kroft come back this offense will be rolling. Hopefully they both can be back asap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice to see AJ dominate a really good physical CB. He's definitely a top 5 WR. Maybe the best.

LaFell is what I thought he'd be. A very solid replacement for MLJ.

Boyd is going to be something special, and I feel he might have some big games this year.

People overreacted and I think our WR's will be just fine. It helps to have a great QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well, let's see...

AJ Green utterly dominated Darrelle Revis.

LaFell looked competent out there.

Boyd made a rookie mistake on the INT (not breaking to the ball) but otherwise looked promising

Uzomah did a decently good Tyler Eifert impression on the big pass play.

This will be interesting once Boyd settles down and Eifert returns.
Reply/Quote
Yes, they performed well. LaFell seemed to quiet all of the naysayers, and Boyd just needs more time on the field. One name that you forgot was Uzomah. (I realize that Uzomah is a TE) I thought that he looked really good, then sort of disappeared. Did he get hurt?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:54 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Liked what I saw from the WR corps today (Especially A.J. Green), thought LaFell made some key plays and Boyd got a couple of nice catches. Overall nice day from the Bengals WR corps, even though I wanted to see some Cody Core but he was inactive, oh well.

A.J. Green: 180 Yards, 1 TD
Brandon LaFell: 91 Yards
Tyler Boyd: 23 Yards

Thoughts on the performance by the receivers?

Lafell had some great speed and hands.
Reply/Quote
So much for people thinking LaFell can't burn anyone outside. All it took was one game.

Dude looks fully healed and ready to ball. We got a bargain.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, they performed well.  LaFell seemed to quiet all of the naysayers, and Boyd just needs more time on the field.  One name that you forgot was Uzomah.  (I realize that Uzomah is a TE)  I thought that he looked really good, then sort of disappeared.  Did he get hurt?

I think they left Uzomah in to block more as the game went on to try and keep Andy alive.
Reply/Quote
This game was a real head-scratcher for me. I thought we might have some problems with a lack of receiving threats, but I was pretty confident that our O-line would protect Andy.

But that is what is so much fun about sports. you never really know what is going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This game was a real head-scratcher for me. I thought we might have some problems with a lack of receiving threats, but I was pretty confident that our O-line would protect Andy.

But that is what is so much fun about sports. you never really know what is going to happen.

Pretty much how everyone saw the Bengals offense...

Anyone else surprised that Giovani Bernard wasn't more involved in the passing game?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
A lot of my fears about LaFell were temporarily quelled today. We'll see if he continues to be solid.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:28 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Pretty much how everyone saw the Bengals offense...

Anyone else surprised that Giovani Bernard wasn't more involved in the passing game?

Not utilizing Gio's  strengths has become the norm, no surprise at all.
Reply/Quote
James Wright anyone?

Clutch play from the wildcat,

Clutch play on a high throw from Dalton on a screen.

I was impressed with this dude.
Reply/Quote
I thought the WR corp played well. Green was even better than his usual I think. LaFell's 90 yards showed he's going do just fine as Marvin Jones' replacement and Boyd is going to be better than Sanu. So, I like it.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:28 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Pretty much how everyone saw the Bengals offense...

We started keeping the TE and RB in to block more as the game progressed. 
Reply/Quote

I think it's going to depend on the game plan. Clearly we came into this game with a throw first and throw often plan.

With so many talented receivers I really don't see us using Bernard as more than a 3rd down back and to spell Hill occasionally. We didn't utilize Hill's talents much either today. Didn't even have 10 carries, which is a pedestrian day for him.

Reply/Quote
Zampese impressed me
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zampese impressed me

I'm still foggy on him...

I didn't like the lack of rushing attempts in this game... but I understand why to some extent. I feel like it was a confounding problem though, less running meant more pass rush which meant less rushing which meant MORE pass rush.

Other than that though, he called a pretty good game. I still think Andy has full reigns on it though. Wouldn't be surprised if Andy called 80% of the plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I thought the WR corp played well. Green was even better than his usual I think. LaFell's 90 yards showed he's going do just fine as Marvin Jones' replacement and Boyd is going to be better than Sanu. So, I like it.

This. I was also impressed with Uzomah at TE. He had a huge play and should have had a TD if Andy throws a better ball there. 

If we can keep Andy upright this offense will be scary once we get Eifert and Kroft back.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm still foggy on him...

I didn't like the lack of rushing attempts in this game... but I understand why to some extent. I feel like it was a confounding problem though, less running meant more pass rush which meant less rushing which meant MORE pass rush.

Other than that though, he called a pretty good game. I still think Andy has full reigns on it though. Wouldn't be surprised if Andy called 80% of the plays.

The way we got abused up front, the run wasn't there in my eyes. I thought Z Called a great game.
Reply/Quote