Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just wondering about this guy
Mccshay and kiper only have 1 round out as its still early along with the other very respectable guys out there but where do you see him falling/getting drafted? Just havent heard anything about him as far as draft stock goes. Is he a player that could fit in our offense if he falls to a comp pick selection? Or is he just a great college player but not nfl player? He averages 12.6 yards a reception and 7.6 yards a carry for 1526 yards.Just really wanna know if my bias is showing through as i am biased toward big ten but osu in particular, or is he a player thats just under the radar? He reminds me of gio 2.0 but a reciever/rb hybrid.any info is appreciated.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/ptoBQX1L0_U
Reply/Quote
CBS currently has him as a late 2nd rounder.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Like Samuel. Dislike that highlight reel.
Reply/Quote
Samuel would be good as a Darren Sproles type of guy. He can work in the backfield and catch passes. He may also draw some attention to being a slot WR.

However, I don't see the Bengals picking him. It's not that I don't like him, because I think he can be successful in the NFL, it's just where do we put him?

Hill and Gio are our 1-2 punch. Samuel won't add anything in the RB department that Gio doesn't already bring.

Then you have the WR part. I wish they'd play Boyd on the outside, but wouldn't surprise me if they kept him as a slot WR next year. Also, Dalton likes taller guys.

We do need speed, however. That is something we have lacked at the WR position.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 06:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Samuel would be good as a Darren Sproles type of guy. He can work in the backfield and catch passes. He may also draw some attention to being a slot WR.

However, I don't see the Bengals picking him. It's not that I don't like him, because I think he can be successful in the NFL, it's just where do we put him?

Hill and Gio are our 1-2 punch. Samuel won't add anything in the RB department that Gio doesn't already bring.

Then you have the WR part. I wish they'd play Boyd on the outside, but wouldn't surprise me if they kept him as a slot WR next year. Also, Dalton likes taller guys.

Remember all those cute gadget plays that we would run with Andrew Hawkins?  I could see Samuel taking a few of those to the house.  He's being listed as a WR, not a RB.  He does have the speed to take the proverbial top off a defense.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 11:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like Samuel. Dislike that highlight reel.

Sorry only one that had highlights from this year
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 06:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Samuel would be good as a Darren Sproles type of guy. He can work in the backfield and catch passes. He may also draw some attention to being a slot WR.

That was my problem bc he is hard to take down very elusive. only way i see us getting him is if he falls to 4th and we take bpa and move boyd to outside like u said.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That was my problem bc he is hard to take down very elusive. only way i see us getting him is if he falls to 4th and we take bpa and move boyd to outside like u said.

I don't see Samuel being available in the 4th.  An innovative mind, like Jay Gruden, will see a guy like Samuel as pure gold.  He is that electric, dynamic sort of player that Meyer has been noted for, ala Percy Harvin.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see Samuel being available in the 4th.  An innovative mind, like Jay Gruden, will see a guy like Samuel as pure gold.  He is that electric, dynamic sort of player that Meyer has been noted for, ala Percy Harvin.

Me either. I dont see us taking him in the second. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Me either. I dont see us taking him in the second. 

FWIW, CBS has him as the 60th ranked prospect.  So, unless someone falls in love with him at the combine/Senior Bowl Week, he just might be there in the 1st half of the 3rd round.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I have no idea if the Bengals will pick him. But, he is versatile. Bernard might not be ready at the start of next season, so he could fill in there. The Bengals play enough four WRs sets he would see the field there. If one WR gets injured he is most likely third on the depth chart. Plus he has value on special teams. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, CBS has him as the 60th ranked prospect.  So, unless someone falls in love with him at the combine/Senior Bowl Week, he just might be there in the 1st half of the 3rd round.

Once the bowl games are over, we always see guys with good measurables at the combine and their pro day move up. Unless he has a really poor showing I would expect him to move up. But, it's way early. Remember when we needed to draft Lamar Miller in the first because he wouldn't be there in the second?  LOL
Reply/Quote
Samuel is Percy Harvin without the headaches. Literally.

I'd throw an early third at him. Not known to take the top off a defense, but we do need speed.
Reply/Quote